Page 313 of 955 FirstFirst ... 213263303309310311312313314315316317323363413813 ... LastLast
Results 4,681 to 4,695 of 14314

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    This is a good point too. But maybe they feel like movies have catered to men for years. I don’t necessarily agree with that, I’m more drawn to your point.
    This has nothing to do with some civic responsibility to even the scales and everything to do with cash. An account told them that women are more likely to latch on to male oriented franchises than males latching on to female oriented ones. That is why it's always one way.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    This has nothing to do with some civic responsibility to even the scales and everything to do with cash. An account told them that women are more likely to latch on to male oriented franchises than males latching on to female oriented ones. That is why it's always one way.

But when movies with female leads bomb, that would have an affect on whether or not they do more movies with female leads. Like what happened with the movie 355 and Lupita Nyongo with all those other female leads. It’s not just about money, it’s a culture change too. Like us having the first female Vice President in history. You should know what you’re talking about before you jump out at someone with so much conviction.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Obviously the pitch he posted probably doesn’t encompass all his ideas for the run or even the first arc, but it seems he wanted to focus on T’Challa as an adventurer while the editors wanted T’Challa in Wakanda as king. His pitch even describes T’Challa as Marvel’s Doc Savage.
    Which tells me that Ridley doesn't understand Doc Savage either. Instead of a (possibly BIPOC) perfect physical specimen of vast intellect who fights to improve society, we've had 5 issues of other characters casting shade on the hero for doing perfectly reasonable things and losing or drawing every encounter.

I've not read ALL of the Savage yarns, but I can't think of one where Doc is scolded for his actions while brand-new characters look good....

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    Agreed and co-signed.

Please share the link to that article.
    It's really really Dumb and it's clear that the person writing the article doesn't know wtf they are talking about yet is spouting BS

https://screenrant.com/black-panther...-flaw-control/

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Which tells me that Ridley doesn't understand Doc Savage either. Instead of a (possibly BIPOC) perfect physical specimen of vast intellect who fights to improve society, we've had 5 issues of other characters casting shade on the hero for doing perfectly reasonable things and losing or drawing every encounter.

I've not read ALL of the Savage yarns, but I can't think of one where Doc is scolded for his actions while brand-new characters look good....

That kind of gives me some relief that it’s not just a TChalla thing.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post

Yeah the OCs being a huge part of looking good at the expense of T'Challa is getting OLD.

But when movies with female leads bomb, that would have an affect on whether or not they do more movies with female leads.
    Which is why they always want to do this with established franchises. In order to do a successful Bait and Switch you need good Bait.

Like what happened with the movie 355 and Lupita Nyongo with all those other female leads.
    That wasn't an established male oriented franchise, it wasn't good bait.

ItÂ’s not just about money, itÂ’s a culture change too.
    Like us having the first female Vice President in history. You should know what youÂ’re talking about before you jump out at someone with so much conviction.
    It's always about money. Also I'm not jumping out at you. This is just regular talk.
    Last edited by Anthony W; 05-25-2022 at 07:02 PM.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I don’t think Feige is the big boogeyman some of y’all are making him out to be. Every report up til now has indicated he was the one that wanted to recast but Coogler refused so he dropped the issue and moved forward accordingly. .
    Yeah, this falls on Coogler IMO... right or wrong. I don't think it falls on Kevin here.

Unfortunately... Coogler seemed to be the "closest" to Chadwick and may have been affected the most by it... but he was also the one in control.

IF Coogler said "we recast, we have to recast for XYZ minority reasons," Kevin would have allowed it.

Instead Coogler said, "I can't do this without Chadwick" due to grief id imagine (or you can get sinister with it if you wanted but...) and Kevin wasn't going to be the one to fire Coogler because he wouldn't recast his dead friend. That would be a PR nightmare.

So they pivoted, claimed it was "off the table from the beginning" as a business decision and moved on.

And then you have to add executives who probably don't give a F either way breathing down Kevin's neck that they need a BP movie ASAP for money reasons... especially considering this was near covid when revenue dried up.

What everyone needed to do was pause everything and take 10 steps back and go, "this is too real right now, we are halting production until everyone feels better" and then see where they were at.

I mean, hell, people in this very thread have changed opinions over time based on this tragedy... and none of us are close to these people at all lol.

It is a shitty situation where you could point fingers at probably 10 different people if you wanted and it just sucks this is where we are at.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

The blame falls on 3 people. Feige, Coogler, and Moore. Feige for not taking a step back and saying "Yo we need to give the crew some time to breath. We're were in the middle of a freaking Pandemic, there was no reason to try and push production going along.

Coogler for obvious reasons of not recasting and thinking that Chad would of wanted this. I meant I didn't know the guy but based on how he talked it was EASY to see that he was all about a growth and the Addition of Black folks and would of wanted the role Recast. Hell his brother said that. But the excuse for Coogler is he is grieving.

Moore is the other for just being a snake. Period, dude is just a snake. Didn't fight hard enough to keep Tchalla alive during IW and just seemed more than happy to decide the fate of a billion dollar franchise in MINUTES.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    The blame falls on 3 people. Feige, Coogler, and Moore. Feige for not taking a step back and saying "Yo we need to give the crew some time to breath. We're were in the middle of a freaking Pandemic, there was no reason to try and push production going along.

Coogler for obvious reasons of not recasting and thinking that Chad would of wanted this. I meant I didn't know the guy but based on how he talked it was EASY to see that he was all about a growth and the Addition of Black folks and would of wanted the role Recast. Hell his brother said that. But the excuse for Coogler is he is grieving.

Moore is the other for just being a snake. Period, dude is just a snake. Didn't fight hard enough to keep Tchalla alive during IW and just seemed more than happy to decide the fate of a billion dollar franchise in MINUTES.
    Let’s not forget that Moore wanted to replace T’Challa even when Chadwick was still alive and kept telling Coogler the “it’s a mantle” bs. As critical as we’ve been of Feige and Coogler, the former tried to get a Black Panther movie made for years but couldn’t until Disney told Perlmutter to **** off. And even though the latter admitted he didn’t understand T’Challa at first he did say in interviews prior to Chadwick’s death that he wanted to explore how T’Challa operates as a king in a sequel, unfortunately grief is clouding his judgement. So Moore is the only party that I can definitely say has ill intentions.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Chadwick being signed on for only five movies 3 of them already used and being a supporting role and 2 glorified cameos tells me that Feige and Moore didn't have any long term plans for T'Challa if 99% of his appearances were used up by the end of Phase 3 with the sequel being his final appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Chadwick being signed on for only five movies 3 of them already used and being a supporting role and 2 glorified cameos tells me that Feige and Moore didn't have any long term plans for T'Challa if 99% of his appearances were used up by the end of Phase 3 with the sequel being his final appearance.
    There’s no doubt in my mind that Chadwick would’ve renegotiated if he lived. Plus the MCU completely changed up how they do contracts now, especially in the wake of the ScarJo lawsuit. Hell another reason why they don’t want to recast is probably due to them having to pay a big sum to the potential new guy.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

I definitely don't think Feige quite realized the impact T'Challa's character (or BP in general) was going to have.

There was an article out where Chads agent was talking about how they had created a new contract for Chad to get 20 mil ad the leading role for BP3 before he passed. So I don't think BP 2 was going to be the last movie

Angry

Tell me again that Ridley has T'Challa's best interests at heart:

Black Panther #6 Preview

The only reason I'm still active in this thread is the number of old friends still floating around. Between the mishandling in the comics and the overall disheartening news from the MCU, I'm not sure what we have left to appreciate.

(I'm sure Storm fans are happy, though...)