Page 74 of 955 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884124174574 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 14314
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    They sure make it work in the X-books with their uber-powerful, omega level mutants.
    Sing ding ding
    ...damn good point!!!!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm going to be that guy.

"Yeah, the Mutants did a nice job with it" doesn't really sound like something T'Challa would say. At least in those words.
    Agreed.... Ridley's dialogue for BP is painfully off-putting

At this point I think the recurring editor is to blame for allowing such bad $#!?.... ..without at least trying to guide the writer on the foundational characterisation of the character being written.

Mighty Member

Right now it can NOT tell the difference between Jace Fox/ Black Batman and Tchalla/BP.....dialogue style and speech pattern are almost exactly the same.
    Last edited by Besouro; 01-26-2022 at 01:02 AM.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    As I said I am reserving until it's confirmed by marvel and not by some random ass tweet
    Lol this is as real as the not recast rumors. Better to take it serious now and raise hell before its too late. The guy is/was literally on set for both movies in Atlanta. He only responded cause the scoopers been saying it for weeks.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gessela View Post
    Gillis’s story was clean, tracked well and Cowan’s art leaped off the shelf. The only thing I’d change would be to rename, re-outfit and update the ‘Supremacists’.
    Keep the SUPREMACISTS name..... it's perfectly fitting for a villain team.

Other than that I agree with the rest of what u said.
    Last edited by Besouro; 01-26-2022 at 01:15 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Avengers: Black Panther's Quest was (arguably) the best season of Avengers Assemble, and the showrunner and head writer (I think) was none other than Geoffrey Thorne, who sometimes posts in here under the name "Redjack." The animation might not have necessarily been the best, but the depiction of Black Panther/T'Challa, the character, along with his allies, rivals, and foes, even if filtered through the lens of being nominally an Avengers series, was pretty well-done, to say the least.
    Currently Redjack/ Geoffrey Thorne is writing Green Lantern at DC....it's a must read to see the amazeballs he is doing in that book. Brilliance indeed!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Cohesive, complete story with a beginning, middle, end in 4 issues. Even managed to explore wakanda politics in more depth.

In. 4. Issues.
    Abso- freaking- lutely¡!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    If the son BS is true, then I can could see them naming him T’Challa as some sort of backhanded way of them saying “see T’Challa is still part of the MCU!”

Ugh.
    Laughs in Nick Fury Jr.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
    Issue 3 is the moment of truth.

I’ve got the Redjack banners prepped just in case
    And Brandon Thomas....another name I throw into the ring to write BP.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Lol this is as real as the not recast rumors. Better to take it serious now and raise hell before its too late. The guy is/was literally on set for both movies in Atlanta. He only responded cause the scoopers been saying it for weeks.
    A concept: A variant of T’Challa comes to the main universe in BP3 is an adaptation of IGEW with Ultron Killmonger as the villain. Killmonger kills jr which becomes the franchise’s Jason Todd moment, leading to Nakia going insane and becoming Malice for future films.
    Last edited by BlackClaw; 01-25-2022 at 01:36 PM.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    I expected better more intriguing plot......but it's yet another tear down Tchalla type thing. Uuurrgh!!!!

And the dialogue is terribly odd written for Tchalla.

And what is this best friend of Tchalla we have never seen or heard of?
    yea I was curious how those who didn't like Coates tchalla would like this as it does read similar in that this is focusing heavily on his flaws and missteps and him trying to atone or repair those errors.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    yea I was curious how those who didn't like Coates tchalla would like this as it does read similar in that this is focusing heavily on his flaws and missteps and him trying to atone or repair those errors.
    Probably because T’Challa is written more along the lines of how he behaves in Priest and Hudlins runs rather than the mopey sad sack that he was in Coates run.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

It literally explained why we never heard of him before.

He's been deep undercover for years.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Incredible Member

I expected better more intriguing plot......but it's yet another tear down Tchalla type thing. Uuurrgh!!!!

And the dialogue is terribly odd written for Tchalla.

The best friend thing was explained ..
    Also Tchalla is doing Just fine..

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Tchalla kicks butt instead of acting all depressed ..
    T

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Probably because T’Challa is written more along the lines of how he behaves in Priest and Hudlins runs rather than the mopey sad sack that he was in Coates run.
    This is a very basic concept that is very hard to understand when your main motivation is vindicating every single creative choice a writer makes. Literally no one complained that Coates wrote T’Challa with flaws, the same way literally no one complained when Priest and others did it.

What people did complain about, and what has often been discussed in this thread is the ways in which those flaws were depicted, what they ultimately were meant to say about T’Challa/Wakanda, and how he eventually overcame them. Anyone that argues Coates handled the exploration of T’Challa’s flaws like Ridley, Priest and those that came before him simply hasn’t read the books.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    *coghKirbycough*
    Kirby’s run was the most fun though lol. It was balls to the wall chaos every issue and it made T’Challa feel like he was more like Thor traveling the cosmos than the king of a human nation. Just some absolutely nonsensical stories that all fit together surprisingly well. Kirby’s dialogue could be weak at times though, no denying that.

I wish a lot of the characters and concepts he introduced get reintroduced and revamped one day, which we may see based on Ridley’s preview.