Page 76 of 955 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086126176576 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 14314

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    To me it's not the shade thrown but how T'Challa reacts to it.
    I agree it needs to get toned back, but I am more bothered that Coates era had him hang his head down like a whipped dog.
    Don't forget the self loathing

To me it's not the shade thrown but how T'Challa reacts to it.
    I agree it needs to get toned back, but I am more bothered that Coates era had him hang his head down like a whipped dog.
    True. T'Challa isn't as submissive. But he still lacks much agency, as he's mostly reacting to events around him, not driving the story.

And when he DOES take decisive action, the rest of the cast calls him on it!

I get the feeling that all of this is somehow designed to Teach T'Challa A Lesson™, although it's unclear what that is at this time.

Rather than, you know, show the hero of the book excelling.

Is it any wonder why I've transferred the flag of my fandom over to Moon Knight? He may get knocked down, but as he put it in one issue:

Sorry, not here for Moon Knight. I know who I’m a fan of.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Why? Early reviews says it pretty much follows issues 1 & 2. Which shows T'Challa actually having bass in his voice and handling things. Ridley went out of his way to show that he wasn't going to follow the same path Coates took
    I will check back tomorrow and see if u feel the same way
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    True. T'Challa isn't as submissive. But he still lacks much agency, as he's mostly reacting to events around him, not driving the story.

And when he DOES take decisive action, the rest of the cast calls him on it!

I get the feeling that all of this is somehow designed to Teach T'Challa A Lesson™, although it's unclear what that is at this time.

Rather than, you know, show the hero of the book excelling.

Is it any wonder why I've transferred the flag of my fandom over to Moon Knight? He may get knocked down, but as he put it in one issue:

I agree with what your saying. T'Challa has lacked agency over the last several years. Honestly, I would of started off this book with a short mini story to kinda clear the air. Just a 3-4 issue story where T'Challa kicks ass and is shown well, like Redjacks KiB. Then afterwards lead into this story after. To me that's how I would write the sole. Palate cleanse and reset while setting up my main story

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    Was Heroes Reborn canon or not canon? Because TChalla had some nice feats in there, and while some people say it is canon, some people say it isn’t.
    I will say it's canon....that verse was created specifically to make Squadron Supreme unbeatable and yet BP was still a le tondo those feats.

If countless Xmen can keep feats from many alternate universes, dimensions and such.....why not BP?

And even in that whole memphisto-verse or whatevs.....the characters were NOT alternate versions.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Hooray more pet characters. Let’s hope this guy is at least better than anything from the Coates era.
    This is becoming tiresomely annoying....first a "beat friend" of Tchalla were have never heard of or seen ever. BP already has a massive backlog of BP characters desperate for further development now suddenly Ridley is pushing another nobody?

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I read Hudlin's run and this version doesn't read like that to me.

Coates tchalla kicked butt too even while he was depressed. lol
    The same TNC/ Coates Tchalla who was CONSTANTLY being saved and assisted......his Tchalla was only good BARELY at fighting redshirts, being p@!$√ whipped and mopey.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Don't forget the self loathing
    Given how Ridley's story is going....yet another story against Tchalla, Wakanda hating on Tchalla, Tchalla making many bad decisions, Wakandan warriors turning against and/or vividly disapproving of Tchalla, random goon slam garys easily tagging Tchalla left n right, Tchalla regretting decisions he made, self hating, mopey, more criticism of Tchalla, etc.

Given how this Ridley story is going and judging from future solicits.....I sadly expect more self loathing and mopey-ness.
    Last edited by Besouro; 01-26-2022 at 01:13 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    yea I was curious how those who didn't like Coates tchalla would like this as it does read similar in that this is focusing heavily on his flaws and missteps and him trying to atone or repair those errors.
    So basically another 5 years of story about Tchalla is a bad king and a bad man and being hyper regretful and mopey type nonsense.

This is why I blame whoever the editor/s is/are who apparently seem to have made this rubbish into a mandate requirement to write BP solo.
    Last edited by Besouro; 01-26-2022 at 01:14 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Probably because T’Challa is written more along the lines of how he behaves in Priest and Hudlins runs rather than the mopey sad sack that he was in Coates run.
    Nope, no, no, no,...... Ridley's BP so far is NOTHING remotely close to the brilliance of Priest based on the released Ridley BP issues so far.

To me, it seems Ridley's BP is more on line with TNCs BP .....both start out the same way attacking and discrediting the lead character.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    The best friend thing was explained ..
    Also Tchalla is doing Just fine..
    Explained where and how?

This new "best friend" that just popped out of nowhere suddenly after more than 50years of BP publication?

And why not just use pre-established and in canon Wakandans close friends instead?
    Last edited by Besouro; 01-26-2022 at 01:34 AM.

From a Tchalla point of view which is the only one that matters in his book, this was a very very strong issue. Definitely my favorite of the series. Tchalla is smart, insightful, a thinker, a planner, and actually quite charming. There was definitely some balance between the Shuri/BP relationship which we see here and it was just a really good issue. Tchalla durability is insane. This issue didn't go how i was expecting at all and i LOVED it. The ending is going to come back to bite tchalla but you can't really fault him for it, it's kings doing kingly things.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    Nope, no, no, no,...... Ridley's BP so far is NOTHING remotely close to the brilliance of Priest based on the released Ridley BP issues so far.

To me, it seems Ridley's BP is more on line with TNCs BP .....both start out the same way attacking and discrediting the lead character.
    Yeah you're wrong but okay

Nah, I will agree he isn't like priest BP. But I would say he is more akin to Hudlin BP. But Ridley T'Challa isn't self loathing or doubting. Infact he had said multiple times that he is doing what he thinks is right regardless of what others have said because HE believes it's the right thing to do.

He also openly criticized the pitfalls of the Parliament for it's lack of action due to indecision. So far, Ridleys version has been a definite improvement over Coates.

Where he will fall in the echelon of BP scribes remains to be seen bit so far he is very much above Coates

Isn't that how Priest's run started? Achebe attacking and discrediting T'Challa?

spoilers:

well, at least we called Gentle from the get go. I am glad Ridley made him more than just a terrible X character.

And yeah, I agree with Rob. Same as the first two issues quality wise. Some great, mostly solid, with some weird dialogue sprinkled in.

His voice for T'challa is so odd because it seems perfect.. until it isn't lol.
    end of spoilers

4th issue is coming up and we are getting close to trade length... Ridley needs to do more. Mystery comics that keep the mystery too long end up setting expectatoins that are too high and those expectations can't be met

And now I am all in on spoilers:
    Hunter
    end of spoilers IF it isn't a double cross by the chick.

spoilers:
    Who else other than someone that grew up with T'challa could know what he was thinking ahead of time like that?

Who else could posisbly know Wakandan secrets this deep? Hunter would still likely have connections and maybe know things T'challa doesn't.

It times wells with Legends suddenly using Hunter again.

I think the timing of Akili being back in the picture begging T'challa to come back to deal with King **** was done for a reason. I'm going to guess Hunter is pissed about Wakandan Democracy and doing this is his zealot way to punish T'challa. He probably feels like T'chalal betrayed T'chaka and the Wakanda Royal line.

Targeting sleeper agents would pull Wakanda away from T'challa (which t'challa mentioned, he is the target possibly), and pull T'challa away from super hero friends as well. Pull him out in the open so he is more vulunerable

And then the Tosin story...errrr....
    end of spoilers

And umm.... Did the Tosin story just spoil what is going to happen??????
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html