Page 58 of 955 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108158558 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Red Flag for me. Maybe the execution will surprise me but man how many times are we gonna go through this song and dance of characters hating T’Challa?
    Bro trust, I do hear you. I would like to believe that they are just breaking the new guy in but then he'll start to see eye to eye with how T'Challa moves and will become a young hero in training (ala) M'Baku MCU version. I don't think we're getting Coates 2.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    Y'all complain about everything the character looks cool.
    Coates really did a number on people in This thread
    Lol, that PTSD hit different! His run was the stuff of abusive relationships.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Bro trust, I do hear you. I would like to believe that they are just breaking the new guy in but then he'll start to see eye to eye with how T'Challa moves and will become a young hero in training (ala) M'Baku MCU version. I don't think we're getting Coates 2.0.
    I hope you’re right man. But bro between Coates and the MCU, the ptsd is real. Lmao.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Shocking another character unhappy with how T'Challa been handling things. We certainly never seen this before.

I like the design and he at least is unhappy with the parliament too but is it too crazy an idea for writers to have Wakandans that actually like and look up to T'Challa? I would've found his character more interesting if that was the case.
    I'll only accept this IF: 1 T'Challa isn't isht talked by this character, 2 the character THINKS they can do a better job and takes it upon themselves to try and do a better job 3 this ties directly to the 2 point. They realize just how HARD it is to try and be a defender and see that T'Challas method is the right one and are this inspired by him and want to protect Wakanda as well. No more MA bullisht, or T'Challa is a bad leader. It's been beaten to death we literally just got out of that muck with Coates, I don't want Ridley to dive face first back into that.

Either that or this dude is a villain who's going to end up taking panther claws to the face.
    T

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    I hope you’re right man. But bro between Coates and the MCU, the ptsd is real. Lmao.
    At least we're honest about it lol. If Boseman were alive and the main book hadn't been dogshit for the last 5 years I bet no one would uneasy at a new character.

Now every new character is the next BP, every event will be T'Challa's last, and every time T'Challa gets featured it's to hype up someone else lol. It'd be nice not to be antsy about Marvel's approach to T'Challa but the stories and creators don't always inspire much confidence. Though Ridley's on a decent path so I'll just wait to see what he does.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    hey, remember when The Hand attacked Wakanda and ordinary Wakanda citizens pulled out their straps and took care of the problem?

Why does Wakanda need a protector around 24/7 anyway? WAKANDANS themselves are elite. They are warriors. They don't need babied. This ain't Kansas.

This franchise man...
    Yep... Home girl pulled that isht out of a scroller lol even the Wakandan babies packing heat lol

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post

I think all in all I'm not upset at the character but Tosin doesn't have that spark to me just yet going off look and description. How Ridley handles his interactions with T'Challa and explores his personality/arc will decide if he's a character I want to see more of. The design is nice though, I wonder if those symbols mean anything.
    It just doesn't really have much potential.

He looks young... so we are introducing a Robin esque future sidekick who can join young avenggers type situation? if so fine, whatever... but the story potential there is limited. Especially since shuri is also de aged.

He's too young to be an antagonist.... T'challa aint' gonna punch of child lol.

A govt lackey is so much more interesting long term.

Or hell... give a champion of another god. Make it a religious thing. Croc god sees an opportunity to gain more power in Wakanda, empowers a champion who starts to gain support with his heroics in wakanda while T'chalal is out dealing with ****.

Shrug, MCU bait gonna MCU bait I guess.

And also... what "threat' to Wakanda could exist that gets past the Doras, the HZ, and Royal guards, and Shuri (actually she might be in a coma lol), MA (if they exist), Vibraxas and more... but some kid from the Wakanda backwoods can take care of lol?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Incredible Member

I'm not saying Ridley's run will be perfect but I trust him with BP..

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I'll only accept this IF: 1 T'Challa isn't isht talked by this character, 2 the character THINKS they can do a better job and takes it upon themselves to try and do a better job 3 this ties directly to the 2 point. They realize just how HARD it is to try and be a defender and see that T'Challas method is the right one and are this inspired by him and want to protect Wakanda as well. No more MA bullisht, or T'Challa is a bad leader. It's been beaten to death we literally just got out of that muck with Coates, I don't want Ridley to dive face first back into that.

Either that or this dude is a villain who's going to end up taking panther claws to the face.
    T
    I honestly don't have an issue with side characters not being 100% on board with T'Challa. It's more the amount of disrespect T'Challa will tolerate and how well-founded the criticism is. If Tosin isn't a dick about what he thinks T'Challa is doing wrong and actually has a good point or two then that'd be far more interesting than T'Challa faltering against whatever the issue is just for Tosin to come in and be the real hero of the story.

I'm kinda over the trend of heroes being completely unaware of the effects their decisions have on people. And them needing to "reconnect" with the people by being dragged by side characters that the author clearly would rather have as the lead. As long as Ridley understands that maybe 5 people in total are picking up this book for Tosin it shouldn't be a big deal.

I'm not gonna complain until I see a reason to. It's not really surprising that people would disagree with how t'challa operates. As long as the story doesn't get black and white about it, I'm fine.

Since he has these disagreements. I hope Ridley doesn't go easy on him either. Put this new character in the similar "rock in a hard place" "lose, lose" scenarios t'challa's been through. Let's see if he keeps that same energy. Between supervillains and marvel writers, it's a jungle out there

I'm not saying Ridley's run will be perfect but I trust him with BP..

I gotta get past this storm issue before I begin to trust anyone lol

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
    I'm not gonna complain until I see a reason to. It's not really surprising that people would disagree with how t'challa operates. As long as the story doesn't get black and white about it, I'm fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
    Since he has these disagreements. I hope Ridley doesn't go easy on him either. Put this new character in the similar "rock in a hard place" "lose, lose" scenarios t'challa's been through. Let's see if he keeps that same energy. Between supervillains and marvel writers, it's a jungle out there
    These are both good points.

If you are gonna make a character, make an actual character. Not a caricature or plot device.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

John Campea just ranted about none of these production halts matter. The fact they didnt recast T'Challa is the biggest issue.

Made a good point about Stargate TV show having the main actor/character rarely in the show and the show was never the same.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    hey, remember when The Hand attacked Wakanda and ordinary Wakanda citizens pulled out their straps and took care of the problem?

Why does Wakanda need a protector around 24/7 anyway? WAKANDANS themselves are elite. They are warriors. They don't need babied. This ain't Kansas.

This franchise man...
    That's what I was saying earlier. This is the new Wakandan gov't's attempt to have their own superhuman. They aren't going to bring in any established characters. They want someone that they can control and dictate.

They already trying to put T'Challa on the sidelines as far as him having any role other than an advisor.

I want to see how this plays out before I pull out the blades.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    At least we're honest about it lol. If Boseman were alive and the main book hadn't been dogshit for the last 5 years I bet no one would uneasy at a new character.

Now every new character is the next BP, every event will be T'Challa's last, and every time T'Challa gets featured it's to hype up someone else lol. It'd be nice not to be antsy about Marvel's approach to T'Challa but the stories and creators don't always inspire much confidence. Though Ridley's on a decent path so I'll just wait to see what he does.
    At this point, I just try to keep it level. Not getting too amped about anything.

As far as MCU BP stuff goes, it's pretty much done for now. I just don't care about anything coming out BP-wise until they say T'Challa is back.