Page 57 of 955 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107157557 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Nighthawk should really become T'Challa's #1 rogue. He's evil Black Batman, a perfect fit.
    Yeah Nighthawk should definitely transition to a full on Black Panther rogue. Their interactions in Aarons avengers were definitely a highlight for me.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I'm a little confused though.

Omolola and Tosin are Yoruba names. The Yoruba people are situated largely in West Africa but Wakanda is lodged somewhere in East Africa.

It's a little nitpicky (because Wakanda is fictional) but it strikes me as extremely strange considering that Wakanda isn't exactly "open" to the rest of the world.

I think Ridley would be better served to use the names of people that are located around the region that Wakanda is supposed to exist in.
    Marvel's presented Wakanda as a hodgepodge of African cultures for a while, especially since the Priest run. I've never been a fan tbh, I prefer the ambiguous, shadowy Panther God to Egyptian Bast. And I've always thought it made more sense for Wakandans to exclusively use their own naming conventions. I could buy that in the decade since opening Wakanda more people use foreign names or even worship other gods, but not many given how slow culture often changes.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Shocking another character unhappy with how T'Challa been handling things. We certainly never seen this before.

I like the design and he at least is unhappy with the parliament too but is it too crazy an idea for writers to have Wakandans that actually like and look up to T'Challa? I would've found his character more interesting if that was the case.
    Last edited by KingNomarch; 01-20-2022 at 12:46 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Shocking another character unhappy with how T'Challa been handling things. We certainly never seen this before.

I like the design and he at least is unhappy with the parliament too but is it too crazy an idea for writers to have Wakandans that actually like and look up to T'Challa? I would've found his character more interesting if that was the case.
    Exactly my thoughts.

A Wakandan youth who is deeply skeptical of the approach that his elders and T’Challa have taken in running the country and protecting its people. Hailing from a village whose people shun the advanced technology for which Wakanda is otherwise known for, Tosin offers a new perspective on the nation’s present state and its future.
    I hope this character isn't going to be some sort of "self-insert" for the writer.

Red Flag for me. Maybe the execution will surprise me but man how many times are we gonna go through this song and dance of characters hating T’Challa?
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Red Flag for me. Maybe the execution will surprise me but man how many times are we gonna go through this song and dance of characters hating T’Challa?
    Yea, I think part of the trouble is we've entered this binary where if Wakanda's not getting invaded/destroyed it's going through civil war, both of which aren't interesting anymore unless there's a real good hook. We did the whole Wakandan Game of Thrones thing with A Nation Under Our Feet, which wasn't that long ago. Is another political crisis for the soul of Wakanda really needed so soon? There's so many elements of BP that are part of his character which have fallen to the wayside that I'd rather see explored.

As a design though the character seems cool. If he's not powered by vibranium or technology he's either a magic-user or a mutant/mutate. I noticed he seems to cover himself with skintight black armor and glowing marks, eerily reminiscent of T'Challa. Might be a strong indication he's gonna become BP or somehow inspired by his king.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Yea, I think part of the trouble is we've entered this binary where if Wakanda's not getting invaded/destroyed it's going through civil war, both of which aren't interesting anymore unless there's a real good hook. We did the whole Wakandan Game of Thrones thing with A Nation Under Our Feet, which wasn't that long ago. Is another political crisis for the soul of Wakanda really needed so soon? There's so many elements of BP that are part of his character which have fallen to the wayside that I'd rather see explored.

As a design though the character seems cool. If he's not powered by vibranium or technology he's either a magic-user or a mutant/mutate. I noticed he seems to cover himself with skintight black armor and glowing marks, eerily reminiscent of T'Challa. Might be a strong indication he's gonna become BP or somehow inspired by his king.
    Or he could end up turning to the dark side, T’Challa whoops that ass in the end and reminds everyone why he’s THE Black Panther.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Who needs T'Challa when we got TOSIN DRIPPIN

Hailing from a village whose people shun the advanced technology for which Wakanda is otherwise known for, Tosin offers a new perspective on the nation’s present state and its future.
    Bruh, how many bast damn village shun the technology now lol

Classic Jabari, the "mute zone" in the Long Live the King book, and now whereever this dude is from.

Right on cue with chief saying none of these writers even go back and read any of the runs. dude be thinking about a 'village that shuns technology" is some unique concept to the mythos.

Oh and this design is just taken from alchemy powered T'challa and Gentle anyway.

F'ing hell man.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Incredible Member

He will eventually look up to Tchalla we all know this

Incredible Member

Y'all complain about everything the character looks cool.
    Coates really did a number on people in This thread

hey, remember when The Hand attacked Wakanda and ordinary Wakanda citizens pulled out their straps and took care of the problem?

Why does Wakanda need a protector around 24/7 anyway? WAKANDANS themselves are elite. They are warriors. They don't need babied. This ain't Kansas.

This franchise man...

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

TBH, i'd rather the character be a government stooge ala John Walker. Then at least you have an interesting antagonist for T'challa.

This is just a kid doing what he thinks his right. Not nearly as entertaining. Especially considering Shuri act slike a Teenager now too.

This is pure future MCU bait only.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Bruh, how many bast damn village shun the technology now lol

Classic Jabari, the "mute zone" in the Long Live the King book, and now whereever this dude is from.

Right on cue with chief saying none of these writers even go back and read any of the runs. dude be thinking about a 'village that shuns technology" is some unique concept to the mythos.

Oh and this design is just taken from alchemy powered T'challa and Gentle anyway.

F'ing hell man.
    I assume that Tosin's from a mute zone, he doesn't look Jabari but then again I doubt Ridley read the Long Live the King book that the concept debuted in lol.

That said, the Jabari seem anti-tech period where the mute zones seem more anti-government tech in favor of community-based science. I think they co-exist nicely as two subcultures with similar views but different approaches. If Tosin's village isn't a mute zone/Jabari and instead uses magic or alchemy, I think that'd be interesting.

I think all in all I'm not upset at the character but Tosin doesn't have that spark to me just yet going off look and description. How Ridley handles his interactions with T'Challa and explores his personality/arc will decide if he's a character I want to see more of. The design is nice though, I wonder if those symbols mean anything.
    Last edited by chief12d; 01-20-2022 at 02:02 PM.