Page 414 of 955 FirstFirst ... 314364404410411412413414415416417418424464514914 ... LastLast
Results 6,196 to 6,210 of 14314
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Okay just saying, anytime someone says they fight for the "true country" and what not, that almost never means anything good.

That is the strongest indication they are a zealot of some kind.
    Tosin is the Wakandan equivalent to the politically obsessed gen-Xer. He somehow got elected to the Wakandan Parliament as a teenager and is gonna step into the spotlight as the poster child for the democracy. I used to think Ridley would use the character as a subversion. He comes into government thinking the newly elected rulers have Wakanda’s best interests at heart and T’Challa is a bad king, but the story evolves to show the system is flawed and T’Challa has merit as a leader. Sure, they have their disagreements but he comes to realize T’Challa is a man worth following and Wakanda being a soft democracy isn’t an automatic fix, it takes more than political idealism and slogans like “No one man” to make a government work for everybody. Even if they wouldn’t restore the monarchy I thought Tosin would come to embrace T’Challa as a mentor and friend supporting Wakanda in the best way they can.

If that happens, great. But I don’t expect it. If anything, he’ll **** talk T’Challa the entire way through the the garbage ass Midnight Angels do but somehow I bet he’ll get along great with Shuri. He’a also likely gonna take the mantle of Shuri doesn’t get it when the inevitable movie synergy kicks into high gear a year or two from now.

Folasade continues to confuse me. She’s clearly as authoritarian as Akili, but she’s out of her depth and wish washy. She was all about strong arming Wakandans a few issues ago now she’s willing to die for the kingdom? Is the story gonna comment on how she inadvertently brought the Hatut Zeraze to power by antagonizing T’Challa and forcing him out the kingdom after first demanding he focus on Wakanda then somehow mind his own business. She’s just a new version of the Midnight Angels, but I guess she didn’t work with terrorists and Nazi’s to get her way.

PS: what does Tosin even want? He says urban Wakandans are greedy and self-absorbed but how’s that any different than what his tribe does? What policies does he want to implement? Unilaterally force everyone to give up their Kimoyo beads? Force people out of cities? How does that make him any different than M’Baku other than the fact he’s not willing to kill people to take power? It seems like he’s complaining just to complain. Ridley can’t say his people are poor and exploited (because they’re not) but they have this petty hatred of urbanites with no real alternative other than presumably forcing everyone to live like them.
    Last edited by chief12d; 06-30-2022 at 12:12 PM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    so they are trying to phase tchalla out of the bo role??? am I reading this correctly? thats awful sorry guys.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Since #1 I predicted something like this would happen. If Ridley intends on having Tosin replace the Black Panther's role as the protector of Wakanda then T'Challa really has no reason to stay in Wakanda anymore. The monarchy been abolished and Tosin looks to be taking over the protector role. The last 6 years killed my interest in Wakanda. Let him rule the empire and give us the cosmic that we should've gotten or send him on a globe trotting adventure.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Since #1 I predicted something like this would happen. If Ridley intends on having Tosin replace the Black Panther's role as the protector of Wakanda then T'Challa really has no reason to stay in Wakanda anymore. The monarchy been abolished and Tosin looks to be taking over the protector role. The last 6 years killed my interest in Wakanda. Let him rule the empire and give us the cosmic that we should've gotten or send him on a globe trotting adventure.
    Pretty much. This first arc is basically designed to **** all over the idea of Priest/Hudlin era “flawed, but well meaning and competent” T’Challa. He’s been thoroughly villainized and has had most of his relationships (be they romantic in the case of Storm or professional with the Dora and HZ) heavily damaged.

With Wakanda a young democracy and a new defender in Ridley’s OC, T’Challa can be free to leave Wakanda on a more permanent basis until Marvel decides to either kill him off or write him out of the core of their universe to build up the secondary Wakandans. The consequences T’Challa will likely face is self-imposed exile or something to that effect, leading to him being on the margins of the MU while we get a new title focusing on Wakanda without T’Challa, in a direct reflection of the MCU.

So T'challa isn't king, isn't emperor, isn't an avenger and won't be the protector of wakanda anymore? Got it

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
    So T'challa isn't king, isn't emperor, isn't an avenger and won't be the protector of wakanda anymore? Got it
    then he shouldn't have the habit then.

This whole thing is a disaster.

I think someone caught wind of the WF script and are puting stufff in place ahead of time.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Has there ever been a solo comic that exists solely to purposely ruin a character? This might be unprecedented

Has there ever been a solo comic that exists solely to purposely ruin a character? This might be unprecedented
    Thor fans are gonna rush in and go "jane thor" but it wasn't nearly this bad and at least JaneThor sold comics.

Marvel doing all this for 20K sales for bast sake.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    then he shouldn't have the habit then.

This whole thing is a disaster.

I think someone caught wind of the WF script and are puting stufff in place ahead of time.
    I’m not sure editorial has contact with the movie people. Ridley does have big connections in Hollywood though so it wouldn’t surprise me. What’s more likely is that they wanna emulate what they think the MCU might do by putting all the elements in place now. Removing T’Challa’s throne, his Avengers membership, and responsibility to protect Wakanda is basically killing the character and his relationship to his status quo, just like the movies are set to do. This could be Marvel’s way of best reflecting what the MCU is doing with the franchise, with the possible caveat they don’t kill T’Challa (and even that’s not entirely off the board at this rate.)

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I’m not sure editorial has contact with the movie people. Ridley does have big connections in Hollywood though so it wouldn’t surprise me. What’s more likely is that they wanna emulate what they think the MCU might do by putting all the elements in place now. Removing T’Challa’s throne, his Avengers membership, and responsibility to protect Wakanda is basically killing the character and his relationship to his status quo, just like the movies are set to do. This could be Marvel’s way of best reflecting what the MCU is doing with the franchise, with the possible caveat they don’t kill T’Challa (and even that’s not entirely off the board at this rate.)
    Oh they'll kill T'challa. Marvel comics has done nothing to deserve even a modicum of the benefit of the doubt that they won't.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    with the possible caveat they don’t kill T’Challa (and even that’s not entirely off the board at this rate.)
    I mean... could you not see this story ending with T'challa "triumphant return" to Wakanda to save them and he has to sacrifice himself to do it.

Get a big ol funeral issue out of it and everything.

The characters... lets say Shuri, Okoye, Tosin, SpaceBaku give rousing speeches to "honor him"

hmmmmmmmmmm sounds kinda familiar eh?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Oh they'll kill T'challa. Marvel comics has done nothing to deserve even a modicum of the benefit of the doubt that they won't.
    At this point, they’ve done so much to marginalize the character in less than 12 issues it wouldn’t surprise me. Ridley’s put a lot of blame and stupidity on T’Challa so he may just have the character sacrifice himself in a future arc to atone for his actions. A piece of me wants to think Marvel won’t do that because of backlash to blatant synergy and the imagery of killing the first black hero after dragging his name through the mud. But frankly I’m not sure T’Challa’s that high value a property for them to care. And if the MCU really is gonna commit to a decade without T’Challa the comics might just take the short term hit and do something similar to completely focus on side characters.

Quote Originally Posted by BPStorm2 View Post
    Smh horrible writing at best lol

It’s not gonna work. People aren’t excited to read about Tosin.

Incredible Member

Damn it’s sad how they’re doing tchalla like this. So no more black panther I’m confused. Tosin is just going to take over no more battles on who gets to become rule of wakanda.

Maybe tchalla will just stay in space and rule out there. X-men book said he was transitioning. Something not adding up.