Page 311 of 955 FirstFirst ... 211261301307308309310311312313314315321361411811 ... LastLast
Results 4,651 to 4,665 of 14314

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Dude Ive been banned after a mod told me I was being toxic and some other fun words for calling out the toxic people who were infecting this thread and was told I was the problem and not the people posting the garbage and actual name calling. The only way I can have staved off the Perma ban, had been from passive aggressiveness and not quoting people specifically lol.

I’m with you. I disagree. Shouldn’t get banned for that. On SpaceBattles forums they give you warnings and points over pretty much anything. Way too strict.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I know Coogler probably didn't intend for this at all, but it's really weird to think that the only strong male lead left in the franchise is M'Baku of all characters.
    It’s ok, because if rumors are true T’Challas gonna have a son that he won’t even be around to raise! Btw is anyone noticing that a lot of characters in Ryan Coogler films have dead or missing fathers?
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    It’s ok, because if rumors are true T’Challas gonna have a son that he won’t even be around to raise! Btw is anyone noticing that a lot of characters in Ryan Coogler films have dead or missing fathers?

That’s interesting because he said he has a very close relationship with his father. That’s one of the reasons he wanted to make Creed. He should have black fathers around in his movies more because we don’t want to push that absentee father narrative. At least TChalla had a good relationship with his dad, before he died like you said.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Well, I think that we know how these things tend to go and exactly why. In over 8yrs I got warning over just responding to trash trolling.
    Yeah I got bans in rapid succession, I went a couple years fine then all of a sudden trolls came in hard and I took several bans. One more and it's the Perma so I just stopped quoting them, would make in quoted posts and vaguely addressing them and that seems to keep me from getting in trouble. Which is a shame that WE get in trouble for trolls coming in and trash talking

T'Challas case is a lore reason, same for Erik. But yeah I really REALLY hope that they don't go with the T'Challa Jr angle. To me all it does is give an excuse to completely trash a character while giving them the "Same name" as the original. Plus ya know, it's lazy uninspired and send a Terrible message

The conviction, I love it. I'm here for it and I'm right there with you.

I just decided. Best believe, I don't wanna see a Leticia Wright vehicle by any stretch but I have to sit through it, in theaters, just once. I don't 'owe' Coogler **** but dude did get me this far, we are a resourceful people.

Martin Freeman and Winston Duke are pretty much saying "this new one aint' gone be that bro". I get it. I've lost the King in favor of a super-powered 'Girls Trip' movie.

My expectations are so low on the comic side, that only the Blackness of this is gonna carry me through unfortunately. First go round I had both.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    The conviction, I love it. I'm here for it and I'm right there with you.

[font=georgia]I just decided. Best believe, I don't wanna see a Leticia Wright vehicle by any stretch but I have to sit through it, in theaters, just once. I don't 'owe' Coogler **** but dude did get me this far, we are a resourceful people.

No, you should boycott the movie like the rest of us. It’s already proven that a movie like this sells. But not without it’s leading character.

I’m here for it too.

So since it appears the usa is on track for a recession do y’all think that’s gonna affect the films box office performance?
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Ultimate Member

I created one last year and ain’t nobody posted in it. But I’ll do it again once we get closer to release. Even though I know the usual suspects will be in here whining about us not supporting it. Lmao. At least I have the ignore button.
    Let them.....

Shuri has 6 novels out this year-how many of them have bought them? Shuri whose novels are endorsed by teacher associations.

How many are buying X-Men Red?

I can list every single black lead/black created/black written book NOT buy DC or Marvel-how many of them have bought those books?

Where were they for Proud Mary? Or Naomi on the CW? Batwoman?

We get called everything in the book. Yet we have not threaten creators, harass creators, lead movements against certain characters and none of the level of toxic behavior that we have seen here and elsewhere. We have done the one thing every fan has the right to do-NOT buy the book or watch the movie.

Complaints with the book or movie have stayed focused on story content.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    And he really shouldn't be involved if the plot is outside of Wakanda.

Dude's tribe isolated from Wakanda itself... he ain't gonna magically care about MIT and some south american water country lol
    I really enjoyed Shuri having her own lane (although I know it was stealing some away from T'Challa. However, you got a CLEAR sense she could never replace T'Challa) and how M'Baku was no longer "Man Ape"

However, yea. There are things that are off about all this.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Im probably the biggest Coogler fan here (or left...barely). However, yea that's something the media needs to call him out on if this goes down.

Not only dead dads, but disgraced fathers. T'Chaka and Apollo Creed (who was a faithful husband with his own kids)

The movie he wanted to do with Coates (who yall know I like) was about the Atlanta scandal. Its just interesting the stories he's telling or trying to tell. He tells them so well that you can sorta forget the images he's projecting.

Again that's on social media and the media to call out if they do the dead dad stuff.

Mighty Member

Something that often gets overlooked is that T'Challa is (was) one of the very few examples in science fiction and fantasy that was not toxic. He fell into the noble negro role a bit, but is (was, thanks avx and coates) a very positive eexample for young boys. Most other black heroes co.e with some kind of negative baggage. You would think Coogler and Moore would have recognized that or have had it pointed out to them. Chadwick saw it.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

With the lack of T'Challa content this month I began rereading the WitBP novel and there was a line that had me laughing about Shuri not being as smart as T'Challa and how she can't grasp complex scientific concepts like he can. Widely different from her current portrayal. Today Shuri would be lecturing T'Challa on science, tech, etc.

That's a pretty common trope in stories and isn't unique to Coogler. Hell, it applies a large number of Marvel characters.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 05-25-2022 at 03:12 AM.

Word? Maybe his son can spend time with Blade's daughter that he didn't have time to raise.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest