Page 557 of 955 FirstFirst ... 57457507547553554555556557558559560561567607657 ... LastLast
Results 8,341 to 8,355 of 14314
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    As I think about it, I feel like writers have forgotten the difference between patriotism and outright nationalism.

Like Cap has a flag on his head but he's alright because he's self-aware that America isn't a perfect place. He has no issue admitting it has flaws, and if a problem is pointed out to him he will do something about it. He has no problem going against America itself like the government if something wrong is afoot because he believes in the ideals of what America should be. Like his famous "America is trash" speech, the flag and the country itself is meaningless if it doesn't protect the people it inhabits.

But everyone here just comes across as an ultra-nationalist. And thats not good, nationalism to any degree for any country is not good at all but it feels like people are falling way too into the Wakanda hype.

Like anyone read or watched Attack on Titan? Everything here comes across as a Jeagerist which if you are familiar with the series and the fandom, its not a good comparison to make.
    It makes sense for Wakandans to be pro-nationalist given their xenophobic history however what is idiotic is that a nationalist should also be able to easily notice patriotism.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    writers of late have a hard on for showing how hypocritical their OCs can be, how much gaslighting they can do to T'Challa, and then use some bullisht excuse to pin it on T'Challa and get away with it and seeing if fans will eat this isht up.

The difference between Coates and Ridley is that Coates somehow gets away with way more bullisht because he mixes flowery prose into the dialogue whole Ridley gives everyone a more American dialogue. Had he don the same I'm sure people would eat it upeypo
    What is "hypocritical" about Tchalla in Ridley's and TNCs BP?

All i see is nothing but ENDLESS degrading debasing disregarding abusive, demoralizing and perpetual disapproval of Tchalla as weak, incompetent crybaby which is ***LITERALLY*** the exact opposite of who and what Tchalla is.

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    What is "hypocritical" about Tchalla in Ridley's and TNCs BP?

All i see is nothing but ENDLESS degrading debasing disregarding abusive, demoralizing and perpetual disapproval of Tchalla as weak, incompetent crybaby which is ***LITERALLY*** the exact opposite of who and what Tchalla is.
    I wasn't saying T'Challa is hypocritical in their runs I was saying TNC and Ridleys OCs are all hypocrites in their runs yet T'Challa is the only one who catches blame. Even for isht he had no hand or action on at all.

Their poor treatment of T'Challa and their obviously biased admiration for their OC characters is what is hampering the franchise and stunting it's growth.

Courtesy of cvillewakandan from the HEF... No real surprise but spoilers anyway for 1mil avengers

Quote Originally Posted by CvilleWakandan
    spoilers:
    The Panther was named Mosi. After he died the Panther tribes starts isolation. Rest of the issue just wraps the Phoenix being Thor's mom plot.
    end of spoilers
    So basically what we expected and nothing else. Kinda a waste and an insult to how JA started this and what Odin had to say about him to start in regards to his capabilities. Of course it was all tell not show, but still a huge waste of time

Fantastic Member TrooperCameron's Avatar

https://www.cbr.com/black-panther-mb...series-marvel/
    M'Baku and and the space empire, getting a revisit.
    Last edited by TrooperCameron; 08-17-2022 at 07:57 AM.

Ultimate Member

I preferred M'Baku when he was the Man-Ape.

And died.

Quote Originally Posted by TrooperCameron View Post

Bleh. Wake me up when something interesting happens with T’Challa.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

"Look at how awesome our franchise and cast is outside T'Challa!"

EDIT: And I see Narcisse is now writing the main story as well as the backups. Dude really wants to be the "Panther czar", doesn't he...
    Last edited by DigiCom; 08-17-2022 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post

EDIT: And I see Narcisse is now writing the main story as well as the backups. Dude really wants to be the "Panther czar", doesn't he...
    Don’t be surprised if he’s writing the alleged video game. It really seems he wants to be the point man of this franchise. But given his latest exploits I have doubts he’ll be one for T’Challa.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Trying to be.

He better not be writing the video game

Well they got him doing a Wakanda atlas out in September. Marvel seems to be making him their point man on all things BP related outside the movies and animation (for now)

Newly commissioned, intricate maps, artwork, and essays bringing the world of Wakanda to life as never seen before.

Uncover the mysteries of Black Panther’s Wakanda.

Explore Wakanda like never before and see key locations from Black Panther comics, such as Birnin Zana, the Golden City, the Great Mound and the Necropolis. Detailed maps and captivating imagery reveal everything from the breathtaking waterfalls and jungles to technologically advanced laboratories, royal palaces, and the meteorite site that became the nation’s secret source of Vibranium. Read key insights about the importance of these locations for T’Challa, Shuri, the Dora Milaje, the Avengers, and beyond.

With detailed maps, including key battlegrounds and timelines, this collection of intricate artworks and authoritative essays, produced in full collaboration with Marvel, is a book to treasure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Trying to be.

He better not be writing the video game
    Assuming that the game is real and after how well received WFW was he's definitely going to have some creative involvement

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Don’t be surprised if he’s writing the alleged video game. It really seems he wants to be the point man of this franchise. But given his latest exploits I have doubts he’ll be one for T’Challa.
    It's weird because in the case of the Avengers game. He didn't Completely shut down T'Challas super genius in favor of Shuri be THE ONLY super genius z and T'Challa was actually portrayed fairly well. Ur then we get things like that M'Baku one shot we're he completely takes the piss at T'Challa, as well as that dumbass podcast he was on a while back.

He's way too finicky and seems to take marching orders and completely changes his tune on the drop of a hat. We need Redjack to be the point man as he seems to actually push for T'Challas sake

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    It's weird because in the case of the Avengers game. He didn't Completely shut down T'Challas super genius in favor of Shuri be THE ONLY super genius z and T'Challa was actually portrayed fairly well. Ur then we get things like that M'Baku one shot we're he completely takes the piss at T'Challa, as well as that dumbass podcast he was on a while back.

He's way too finicky and seems to take marching orders and completely changes his tune on the drop of a hat. We need Redjack to be the point man as he seems to actually push for T'Challas sake
    He can write a good T’Challa. And Rise is still the best thing to come out of the Coates era, but it’s like you said he seems all to willing to go with marching orders. If he is writing the game hopefully he’ll be aware that he doesn’t have to be beholden to whatever Coogler is doing since it’s an entirely separate medium.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda