Page 558 of 955 FirstFirst ... 58458508548554555556557558559560561562568608658 ... LastLast
Results 8,356 to 8,370 of 14314

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    It's weird because in the case of the Avengers game. He didn't Completely shut down T'Challas super genius in favor of Shuri be THE ONLY super genius z and T'Challa was actually portrayed fairly well. Ur then we get things like that M'Baku one shot we're he completely takes the piss at T'Challa, as well as that dumbass podcast he was on a while back.

He's way too finicky and seems to take marching orders and completely changes his tune on the drop of a hat. We need Redjack to be the point man as he seems to actually push for T'Challas sake
    That podcast is what did it for me. It shows that he really doesn't care what happens so long as he's getting work. Making the statement that Stan lee and Jack Kirby created Black Panther with the whole purpose of passing the mantle down to other characters more than anything else makes me want him off of everything Black Panther.

He has a fundamental misunderstanding of the property and be more than happy to write a game about t'challa dying and a brand new character taking up the mantle and then claiming that Stan Lee and Jack Kirby wouldn't have it any other way
    Last edited by Ekie; 08-17-2022 at 01:54 PM.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

At this point they should bite the bullet and kill off T'Challa and replace him with whoever.

Might as well go through with it and experience the monumental backlash that will result from it. If anything Marvel will most likely listen to the articles that inevitably spring about calling the decision racist and tone-death as Hell considering its clear they only really care about impressing the people who create articles and essays.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    That podcast is what did it for me. It shows that he really doesn't care what happens so long as he's getting work. Making the statement that Stan lee and Jack Kirby created Black Panther with the whole purpose of passing the mantle down to other characters more than anything else makes me want him off of everything Black Panther.

He has a fundamental misunderstanding of the property and be more than happy to write a game about t'challa dying and a brand new character taking up the mantle and then claiming that Stan Lee and Jack Kirby wouldn't have it any other way
    Honestly, that podcast did a lot of damage, imo to alot of writers in my eyes, including Hudlin. There was so much revisionist history, and fanfiction being thrown around that just simply is flat out wrong it was astounding. Everyone had completely fabricated this stuff on their heads and spouted it as though it were true and to me just signified how small the list of trusted writers are around to scribe BP

Honestly, that podcast did a lot of damage, imo to alot of writers in my eyes, including Hudlin. There was so much revisionist history, and fanfiction being thrown around that just simply is flat out wrong it was astounding. Everyone had completely fabricated this stuff on their heads and spouted it as though it were true and to me just signified how small the list of trusted writers are around to scribe BP
    Part of me is hoping that some of the writers on there were ordered by Marvel to say that as a subtle way to promote the movie and the upcoming Wakanda series. But other than that it seems the only writers we can trust are Priest, Ewing, Hickman, and Redjack. Sucks that it’s come to this.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Part of me is hoping that some of the writers on there were ordered by Marvel to say that as a subtle way to promote the movie and the upcoming Wakanda series. But other than that it seems the only writers we can trust are Priest, Ewing, Hickman, and Redjack. Sucks that it’s come to this.
    Honesty, that's worse than them just saying it because they believe it. As the former means they are mouthpieces for Marvel and when asked to jump they will respond with how high

Incredible Member

I like the new version of Mbaku.
    OG Man Ape was never interesting imo.. I
    don't have an issue with This Wakanda Mini.
    Last edited by Dariel81; 08-17-2022 at 04:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    I don't have an issue with This Wakanda Mini.
    Well I won’t bother buying it unless TChalla makes an appearance.

I like the new version of Mbaku.
    OG Man Ape was never interesting imo.. I
    don't have an issue with This Wakanda Mini.
    I like how Priest wrote him.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I think consensus is that Priest was the best. That’s what I think also. A lot of people like Hudlin too. Ewing and Aaron write him well too.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    I think consensus is that Priest was the best. That’s what I think also. A lot of people like Hudlin too. Ewing and Aaron write him well too.
    If we are talking about T'Challa? Then Priest Hudlin and Redjack are all equal imo maybe Priest>Redjack>Hudlin but it's close. If we are talking about M'Baku than Priest, and then Redjack as Hudlin didn't really use him, and I am undecided on if I liked Panther quest tech suit M'Baku. Though it did make sense to why he was more threatening

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Same lol I guess it's The woke part of Me I'm Just not into a black character being called Man Ape..It's Just a personal thing for me that's all.

Same lol I guess it's The woke part of Me I'm Just not into a black character being called Man Ape..It's Just a personal thing for me that's all.
    Well, if the MCU proved anything it's that you can have him still basically be the same character without calling him that.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

I feel like yeah you can prolly still have M'Baku in an antagonist role, just get rid of the Man-Ape suit and name

Like its one of those really old things that just does not work now

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    I feel like yeah you can prolly still have M'Baku in an antagonist role, just get rid of the Man-Ape suit and name

Like its one of those really old things that just does not work now
    Eh, it really didn't work then.

I still remember Thunderbolts 25, when Charcoal was complaining about having to wear the monkey suit, when the 'Bolts swapped costumes with a few villains

If we are talking about T'Challa? Then Priest Hudlin and Redjack are all equal imo maybe Priest>Redjack>Hudlin but it's close. If we are talking about M'Baku than Priest, and then Redjack as Hudlin didn't really use him, and I am undecided on if I liked Panther quest tech suit M'Baku. Though it did make sense to why he was more threatening
    I wanted the tech suit to be entirely holographic in the form of a stylized gorilla but was told it was too expensive.