Page 560 of 955 FirstFirst ... 60460510550556557558559560561562563564570610660 ... LastLast
Results 8,386 to 8,400 of 14314
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Cool cover art. But didn't the last arc just shatter everything T'Challa came to understand and trust? Does Ridley have serious trust issues or something? I agree with those who see "Tower of Babel" here, or in this case "Tower of Babble." I guess now it's time for the Avengers to dump on him (excuse me, "hold him accountable") like Wakanda has so he can truly have no friends or allies.

They might as well just stop the pretense and make T'Challa an outright villain. Perhaps this "Colonialist" will be a version of T'Challa, or him from the future? When I consider all the deconstruction it feels more like a villain origin story than a hero one.
    Last edited by Emperorjones; 08-18-2022 at 10:32 AM.

Incredible Member

From what Im getting from Nate Moore is Tchalla Story is finished on this timeline. Now it’s up to the people if they buy into the idea they’re trying to sale.

Moore, Feige, and everyone involved are going to spend the next year pushing the mantle narrative. Feige had already started falsely claiming that the comics had always been about Wakanda and not T'Challa. People against the recast have already been using the mantle excuse and treats Shuri taking over as a much bigger deal than it ever was in the comics. It will only get worse after the movie.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

I will find it hilarious that if Shuri does get to be the new BP....... only to be barely used in future movies going forward and is just deemphasized from prominence.

Would make this whole thing feel like the biggest waste of time possible.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Im so frustrated by Nate Moore man. You have more than a year to get ready to answer a tough question and thats what he comes up with.
    Proof not all skin folk are kin folk. Wtf was this guy doing prior to 2014? How did he get this job?

Quote Originally Posted by BPStorm2 View Post
    From what Im getting from Nate Moore is Tchalla Story is finished on this timeline. Now it’s up to the people if they buy into the idea they’re trying to sale.
    Best to hope for a variant (preferably by Secret Wars). Until then prepare for the worst.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Silverback?
    Could work. It’s not like DC uses their version anyway.

Assuming of course White Gorilla can’t be used for the same reason as Man-Ape?

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    I will find it hilarious that if Shuri does get to be the new BP....... only to be barely used in future movies going forward and is just deemphasized from prominence.

Would make this whole thing feel like the biggest waste of time possible.

I suspect Disney would probably be willing to stand over recasting Shuri if Wright continues to cause problems, but compared to say.. Ezra Miller over at DC she’s kept her powder dry so they might have worked things out.

Still, if it’s a choice between Shuri and an OC, stick with Shuri for the time being

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by BPStorm2 View Post
    My fear is that little will be learned from what's about to happen. Make no mistake, this film will hit a $Billion and will bag more Oscars, I can see it happening which will only cement Feige's dumb narrative about mantles and blah blah blah.

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    My fear is that little will be learned from what's about to happen. Make no mistake, this film will hit a $Billion and will bag more Oscars, I can see it happening which will only cement Feige's dumb narrative about mantles and blah blah blah.
    It’ll make money but a billion? I have big doubts about that. And I find it great that journalists are having the balls to ask Marvel about this directly. Heck Nate seemed a bit less confident this time around compared to his Ringerverse podcast interview.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post

I don’t believe that will happen. I truly believe this movie is a hot mess lol. also the shuri fans will be disappointed. The actor doesn’t want to be the BP, she not about to carry the franchise. You’re also forgetting the power of Disney plus lol

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    I just wish Ridley would get the hell away from this franchise so we can get someone competent. Guessing somehow Jhai is alive and going to be behind this latest trainwreck

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    I just wish Ridley would get the hell away from this franchise so we can get someone competent. Guessing somehow Jhai is alive and going to be behind this latest trainwreck
    I would not be the least bit surprised if it was Jhai.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Fantastic Member

With all the rumors floating around, the idea of the mantle makes Black Panther less important, because Disney can just put anyone in the suit. It reminds me of what Val Kilmer felt about playing Batman in Batman Forever, that the suit was more important than what he brought to the role (paraphrasing). Black Panther's suit is iconic, but the person inside it also makes the suit, as we've already seen from T'Chaka, T'Challa, and Killmonger, in the MCU already. However, if Disney can just pull off making the suit alone the star, the character inside being secondary if that it will do a disservice to the history T'Challa has made in comics.

At Comic Con, I got the vibe that Letitia Wright wasn't that enthused, and if there are more controversies in the future, I could see Disney replacing her (assuming Shuri will become BP in Wakanda Forever). It will be interesting to see the anti-recast crowd largely have no problem with recasting then. Or Disney would just put another character like Ayo, Aneka, Nakia, or Okoye in the suit and with the precedent already established, Shuri BP fans wouldn't have much of a leg to stand on.

As for Wakanda Forever's box office, right now I do think it will make a billion. I don't think it will overtake the first film's box office though. Hollywood needs this film to succeed and they will pull out all the stops to make it a hit. The problem for them is going to be repeat business. Also, there's less of a unified good feeling about this film than there was about the 2018 film. Buzz, word of mouth is going to be huge. What I could see happening is that Wakanda Forever makes a billion like The Last Jedi or Rise of Skywalker and is still considered a disappointment.

A Tower of Babel story for T’Challa is the kind of concept I love, but I don’t trust the execution at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post

Okoye?

Silverback?
    I like Silverback!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    A Tower of Babel story for T’Challa is the kind of concept I love, but I don’t trust the execution at this point.

I like Silverback!
    Silverback seems like a nice name change for M’Baku as well.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda