Page 298 of 955 FirstFirst ... 198248288294295296297298299300301302308348398798 ... LastLast
Results 4,456 to 4,470 of 14314

The movie I’m talking about was the 355. It was lead by Lupita Nyongo and four other women. It made 27 million at the box office. It doesn’t always work.

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    After another Disney subsidiary, LucasFilms, said about not recasting actors of original characters anymore I think the petition is pointless now, don't you think?
    It's a little different when Marvel has already done it multiple times, and I'd also point out that T'Challa isn't an OC. He has existed long before marvel studios and before Chadwick was even born, no dig at Chad at all. And it's a LEAD franchise character trying to play it off like the supporting cast can carry the movie will only lead to failure
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 05-18-2022 at 12:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    I don't think Disney will take the petition seriously unless it gets hundreds of thousands of signatures or more. That and the movie would have to under perform which I doubt. Marvel is banking on black girl magic to help the BO which it will. Plus the cast and crew keeps talking about the movie honors Chad, so plenty of people will see it because of that similar to what happened with Paul Walker.

I don't see it passing 700 million at the domestic BO but it'll likely make more than enough to be a success. The same goes for reviews. The cast and crew makes the movie sound like it'll be a 2hr+ eulogy for Chad and the character plus you have the heavy female representation you'd be hard pressed to find legitimate criticism. A while after the release people might start properly judging the movie.
    Here's the problem with what they are banking on. Black girl magic will help some. However, you going to see a very real void left as Martin Freeman said. Yea it can be this eulogy for Chad and T'Challa but stuff like that doesn't have rewatching power.

You don't go to see 12 years a slave, or boyz n the hood multiple times because depressing isht like that isn't enjoyable to watch constantly. That and IF Chad's family comes out and speaks against how they don't feel this is honoring Chad and is instead reopening a wound, that will hit hard. I think the movie will be successful for a couple weeks then fall off as movies rarely are successful when they remove their leads, especially when they are not set up as ensembles.

Black girl magic doesn't stack up against BLACK EXCELLENCE. The difference between the two is Black excellence isn't specific to a gender. BOTH shine. And that's where WF will fall short, because they are basically telling Black men and boys to go away and banking on Black girls to show up like they did for the first.

After another Disney subsidiary, LucasFilms, said about not recasting actors of original characters anymore I think the petition is pointless now, don't you think?
    Lol, everyone knows the real reason why Solo performed poorly was due to it not being marketed that well, not because of recasting. People thought that the guy that played young Han along with Donald Glover as young Lando were great in their roles and let’s not forget that Ewan McGregors Obi Wan is a recast as well. This is more of a case of a studio throwing people under the bus in order to cover their ass. Plus a lot of Star Wars fans are becoming ok with the idea of recasting characters due to growing tired of deep faking actors faces to make them look younger. You know how many people I’ve seen say that Sebastian Stan should play young Luke?
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

First poster and trailer will be a determining factor for some. Especially those not current on forums and social media, thus oblivious to the possibility that Marvel's going to kill off their favorite superhero.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Here's the problem with what they are banking on. Black girl magic will help some. However, you going to see a very real void left as Martin Freeman said. Yea it can be this eulogy for Chad and T'Challa but stuff like that doesn't have rewatching power.

You don't go to see 12 years a slave, or boyz n the hood multiple times because depressing isht like that isn't enjoyable to watch constantly. That and IF Chad's family comes out and speaks against how they don't feel this is honoring Chad and is instead reopening a wound, that will hit hard. I think the movie will be successful for a couple weeks then fall off as movies rarely are successful when they remove their leads, especially when they are not set up as ensembles.

Black girl magic doesn't stack up against BLACK EXCELLENCE. The difference between the two is Black excellence isn't specific to a gender. BOTH shine. And that's where WF will fall short, because they are basically telling Black men and boys to go away and banking on Black girls to show up like they did for the first.
    Once again, I need to stress that the reason why people will see this movie is to see what T’Challas fate will be. As I said before, the first BP was like one big party while this one sounds like it’s gonna be a funeral. Which one of those two things would you want to go to repeatedly? Let’s not forget that the reason the first film became a huge hit because of repeat viewings.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Ultimate Member

You mean the company that has a show called the House of Boba Fett??? That is NOT the original actor nor his stand in (Dak from Empire Strikes Back) in that costume.

Solo's casting was not the issue with that movie nor having 2 Star Wars film out so close to each other.
    That was dubebros already drinking in replacement theory with their hate for Finn and Rey. Notice outside of one IDW comic-NOTHING has been done with Rey or Finn since the last movie.

Disney pandering to Dubebros by acting like Stars Wars ended with Return of the Jedi.

I can think of female lead films that tanked. The one with Lupita and the other two women where they were spies or assassins or whatever. Nobody talked about that movie being successful. It doesn’t always work. There are a lot of people that will stick to not seeing the film.
    This one has a built in excuse with Boseman's death to Jedi hand wave any flopping or underforming.

Fantastic Member TrooperCameron's Avatar

https://www.gamesradar.com/black-pan...ave-the-world/

T'Challa back on the Avengers fellas. Wonder whats gonna have to Nighthawk.

Quote Originally Posted by TrooperCameron View Post

Hallelujah

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    I’m more skeptical about black girl magic and female representation than most. I think characters should just stay true to who they are. I can think of female lead films that tanked. The one with Lupita and the other two women where they were spies or assassins or whatever. Nobody talked about that movie being successful. It doesn’t always work. There are a lot of people that will stick to not seeing the film.
    Lupita wouldn't be the first MCU actor who starred in a film outside the MCU thst flopped. It doesn't mean people have an issue with her specifically. It's just a sign that the days of actors being box office draws are largely over.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Now that new rumor, if you can even call it that, is dumb as hell. However, Im telling yall they are trying to merge Riri and Queen Divine Justice.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Denzel status AND WF has to under perform.

They won't care if they can still make money without him.

Marvel is kicking themselves they dind't keep Shuri alive for IW. Killed her off for no real good reason, she could have easily been in the "genius group" building the new gauntlet. You telling me that gauntlet had no Vibranium?

Easy 5 year age up for her, easy 5 years being queen + training for BP... they would have half the problems they have now making it make sense. You can even say no one challenged her seat to the throne and BP powers due to the chaos after the snap.

Now they have the double problem of no real lead AND they have to retcon their own mythos to make Shuri make sense. Ooops

All because they were cool with Wakandan canon fodder in IW but dont you dare use them in End Game because... errrrr... "oh yeah we didn't know BP would be a good movie! We have Rhodey there as the token, that is good enough!"
    Worst part of IW was realizing the BP movie was nothing more than setup for a 3rd act devastation site. I really believed (foolishly) T'Challa would be more involved in IW and Endgame. Would have been cool seeing T'Challa building with Cap and Tony. Never really got an interaction with Thor either (kings).

Nate pushover Moore didnt fight hard enough to keep him alive then and certainly didnt now.

he needs to be back on JAs Avengers as well otherwise we can get more frakkery going on

"After everything that just happened in Wakanda, Captain America isn't convinced T'Challa's got his head on straight, which will make it difficult for him to contribute to the Avengers in a useful way. Things get even worse when a new galactic threat arrives: the Colonialist, who's determined to take over Earth itself."

So, Cap throws shade at T'Challa because reasons. How much do you want to bet that this new "colonizer" will take out the IGEW on his way here?

I’m counting this as a win. Good news.