Page 644 of 955 FirstFirst ... 144544594634640641642643644645646647648654694744 ... LastLast
Results 9,646 to 9,660 of 14314

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Reynolds devotion to the character can be more appreciated when you take into account the infamous Barakapool from Wolverine Oigins came from the fact a Fox executive notoriously hated Deadpool and had them sew his mouth shut. Deadpool as a character wound up butchered.

But it was Reynolds commitment to the character that lead them to eventually make the Deadpool film and give us a truly accurate rendition of the character. You can say that Deadpool and all the success that came with it was the result of Ryan Reynolds genuine love for the character and desire to do him right.
    That's what it takes and it's really as simple as that in order to make these characters truly become legendary and Staples in pop culture. No one involved in the Black Panther franchise currently has that for the franchise. They're in it for the money and the representation. Once the novelty of seeing minorities on screen wears off and their content is truly judged for what it is maybe the franchise will fall back into the proper hands. The person most capable and ready-made to do that with the power to actually get it done is Reginald hudlin but by the time the Marvel Studios crew is done picking the carcass of the franchise apart and interest slips enough for a reboot the damage will likely already be done
    Last edited by Ekie; 10-03-2022 at 04:25 PM.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Static was created in 1993.
    Static's comic ended in 1997.
    Static got his tv show in 2000. Same Tv show that only Digimon beat in the ratings in all 4 years of his run.

That did NOT take 60 years. Static did that in 7 years.

Invincible started in 2003.
    Invincible ended in 2018.
    Invincible the tv show started in 2021 and is going to last at least 3 season.

That did not take 60 years. He did that in 19 years.

Blade had NOTHING yet got 3 movies and 2 tv shows before Hal Jordan, Cap America, Thor, Iron Man, Hulk, Justice League, Avengers and so many others I could list.
    He didn't take 60 years. He did that in 25 years.
    What material did he have to farm???

Paper Girls started in 2015 and ended in 2019. Show came in 2022.
    Only took 7 years.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles started as a comic book in 1984. Tv show came in 1987.
    Men in Black was a comic book in 1990. 7 years later a tv series.
    Spawn and Savage Dragon started in 1992. Both comics are still going. Both saw tv shows. Spawn is looking at 2 movies.

The point of all this? Is to say it does NOT take that long to build up something NEW.

The issue we have is when it POC (mainly black males) everybody and their MOTHER take issue with it. Be it Lucas from Stranger Things to T'challa to Duke Thomas-SOMEBODY got an issue with it.

We are NOT going to excuse Marvel or anyone else for being LAZY.

Yes it's EASY to toss around a mantle until it's no longer EASY. You can BURY Sam Alexander to pander to Rich Ryder fans. But John Stewart, Cassandra Cain, Stephanie Brown, Wally West , Jaime Reyes, Jessica Cruz, Sojourner "Jo" Mullein & Tim Drake fans-don't bow down that easy.
    There is a reason Green Lantern is a mess.

You see what Spiderman is doing. Until Miles arrives live screen-you don't see a war over there like everywhere else.
    Those are good points, lotta examples indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    I'll give yall this little tidbit. In my ENTIRE school district-whose comic related books are the MOST checked out? Out of 300 schools and 200K+ kids?

T'CHALLA. ONLY Batgirl (Babs Gordon) comes close. After that it's John Stewart, Cyborg (Teen Titans Go), Miles Morales, Sam Wilson as Cap America, The Inhumans (Not Kamala or Moon Girl) and Lumberjanes. Let that sink in. FYI it's NOT Coates version they are interested in. It's PRIEST and HUDLIN version and the novels by Ronald Smith-they want.
    Damn thats pretty cool. Gotta give respect to the old school after all.

Spectacular Member talentedbutnot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Well given Feige switched up from “we’ll never recast” to “it was too soon”, I won’t be surprised if T’Challa returns for Secret Wars. But it’s a big maybe.
    I hear you. That it's not a sure thing is so surreal. Like outside of the obvious reasons for that. Bruce Wayne fans. Peter Parker fans. They only ever have to ask when. Not if. I'm being facetious but you get what I mean. There shouldn't be any "maybes" at all, you know? T'Challa makes bank. Worldwide. We've seen that. I'm not saying anything most people on this forum haven't shed a light on already. As a long-time lurker I empathize with the growing sentiment. You're right though. It is up in the air, sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    That's what it takes and it's really as simple as that in order to make these characters truly become legendary and Staples in pop culture. No one involved in the Black Panther franchise currently has that for the franchise. They're in it for the money and the representation. Once the novelty of seeing minorities on screen wears off and their content is truly judged for what it is maybe the franchise will fall back into the proper hands. The person most capable and ready-made to do that with the power to actually get it done is Reginald hudlin but by the time the Marvel Studios crew is done picking the carcass of the franchise apart and interest slips enough for a reboot the damage will likely already be done
    I'd take Hudlin. I'd take Liss. Hell I would even take Peter Gillis at this point. Who wouldn't watch a T'Challa v. The Supremacists movie? With Malaika as an actual spy slash love interest. Maybe those cuts are too deep for Kevin Feige n' Crew.

Quote Originally Posted by talentedbutnot View Post
    I hear you. That it's not a sure thing is so surreal. Like outside of the obvious reasons for that. Bruce Wayne fans. Peter Parker fans. They only ever have to ask when. Not if. I'm being facetious but you get what I mean. There shouldn't be any "maybes" at all, you know? T'Challa makes bank. Worldwide. We've seen that. I'm not saying anything most people on this forum haven't shed a light on already. As a long-time lurker I empathize with the growing sentiment. You're right though. It is up in the air, sadly.
    I’ll say this though. If T’Challa does return in secret wars, that is ALL people will be talking about if done right. And once the new T’Challa leads Black Panther 3? Guaranteed bank.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

I’ll say this though. If T’Challa does return in secret wars, that is ALL people will be talking about if done right. And once the new T’Challa leads Black Panther 3? Guaranteed bank.
    See. Words of wisdom.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    If it helps these things are cyclical.

The Guardians of the Galaxy franchise was in a dork age for the majority of the 2010s as all runs since it was brought back was more or less a straight copy of the movies down to identical unchanging line-ups and some terrible characterizations for the characters like Star-Lord and Drax being braindead morons

But eventually in 2019/2020 the series managed to regain its stride with the Cates and Ewing runs and stopped being a blatant copy of the movie.

So this whole bullshit with T'Challa in the comics will end eventually. When, not sure, but it will eventually. The good thing about comics being status quo heavy, it all eventually snaps back.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/Wakanda-Forever-Challenge

E-Man started a new fundraiser to help children fight cancer.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

If it makes you feel better, Y’lan Noel said he’d be down to play T’Challa in a heartbeat.
    I'd be down with Y'lan. I bet he would KILL it. Him and Sope Dirisu.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/Wakanda-Forever-Challenge

E-Man started a new fundraiser to help children fight cancer.
    Why does it feel like dude's like e-man can show more care to Honor Chad's legacy than the folks at marvel? No using his image to advertise their film, no stopping his legacy in it's tracks and killing him.

No funeral to trick people into feeling like they are getting closure but they are paying for it and lining their pockets. Truly a tribute to him

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Why does it feel like dude's like e-man can show more care to Honor Chad's legacy than the folks at marvel? No using his image to advertise their film, no stopping his legacy in it's tracks and killing him.

No funeral to trick people into feeling like they are getting closure but they are paying for it and lining their pockets. Truly a tribute to him
    Because Disney is a corporation at the end of the day. And corporations don’t care about people, regardless of how much they act like they do.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Because Disney is a corporation at the end of the day. And corporations don’t care about people, regardless of how much they act like they do.
    Always remember this tenant

Corporations are not your friend

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Always remember this tenant

Corporations are not your friend
    Or the BEST of friends to those that take what they give them without question.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Ok I'll let up a tad. Its clear he had no business shooting a sequel. Marvel should have just shut it down for a while.

“I was at a point when I was like, ‘I’m walking away from this business,'” Coogler stated. “I didn’t know if I could make another movie period [or] another ‘Black Panther’ movie, because it hurt a lot. I was like, ‘Man, how could I open myself up to feeling like this again?'”

“I was poring over a lot of conversations that we had, towards what I realized was the end of his life,” Coogler continued. “I decided that it made more sense to keep going.”

Variety
    @Variety
    ‘Black Panther’ Director Ryan Coogler Considered Quitting Filmmaking Because of Chadwick Boseman’s Death: ‘I’m Walking Away’

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Ok I'll let up a tad. Its clear he had no business shooting a sequel. Marvel should have just shut it down for a while.

“I was at a point when I was like, ‘I’m walking away from this business,'” Coogler stated. “I didn’t know if I could make another movie period [or] another ‘Black Panther’ movie, because it hurt a lot. I was like, ‘Man, how could I open myself up to feeling like this again?'”

“I was poring over a lot of conversations that we had, towards what I realized was the end of his life,” Coogler continued. “I decided that it made more sense to keep going.”

Variety
    @Variety
    ‘Black Panther’ Director Ryan Coogler Considered Quitting Filmmaking Because of Chadwick Boseman’s Death: ‘I’m Walking Away’
    Too soon to recast but not too soon to shoot a sequel even when everyone is still grieving and not thinking about the long term effects. *heavy sighs*
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda