Page 645 of 955 FirstFirst ... 145545595635641642643644645646647648649655695745 ... LastLast
Results 9,661 to 9,675 of 14314
    Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Too soon to recast but not too soon to shoot a sequel even when everyone is still grieving and not thinking about the long term effects. *heavy sighs*
    I dont know if you keep up with the NFL.

Its like the Dolphins sending their QB Tua back in the game and allowing him to play on a short week after a concussion. At what point do you protect the talent from itself?

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Ok I'll let up a tad. Its clear he had no business shooting a sequel. Marvel should have just shut it down for a while.

“I was at a point when I was like, ‘I’m walking away from this business,'” Coogler stated. “I didn’t know if I could make another movie period [or] another ‘Black Panther’ movie, because it hurt a lot. I was like, ‘Man, how could I open myself up to feeling like this again?'”

“I was poring over a lot of conversations that we had, towards what I realized was the end of his life,” Coogler continued. “I decided that it made more sense to keep going.”

Variety
    @Variety
    ‘Black Panther’ Director Ryan Coogler Considered Quitting Filmmaking Because of Chadwick Boseman’s Death: ‘I’m Walking Away’
    I mean... This doesn't help Marvels case at all. It sounds so hypocritical. Sounds so greedy from Marvel, and it is so disrespectful to someone's hard work.ninhad a conversation with someone on Twitter and it's comparable to pouring sleepless nights, foregoing eating and Major stress for MONTHS or years on a project, pouring your heart and soul into it, and when your finally done someone says "thanks for the hard work" and then throws it in the trash. Thats what they are doing

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I mean... This doesn't help Marvels case at all. It sounds so hypocritical. Sounds so greedy from Marvel, and it is so disrespectful to someone's hard work.ninhad a conversation with someone on Twitter and it's comparable to pouring sleepless nights, foregoing eating and Major stress for MONTHS or years on a project, pouring your heart and soul into it, and when your finally done someone says "thanks for the hard work" and then throws it in the trash. Thats what they are doing
    And it’s gonna look even worse if Thunderbolt Ross gets recast but not T’Challa.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

And it’s gonna look even worse if Thunderbolt Ross gets recast but not T’Challa.
    I think I posted about it months ago. These studios are tied to their shareholders. Marvel had to release 3 films this year. They didnt care how the movie got done as long as it got done.

Mighty Member

Well given Feige switched up from “we’ll never recast” to “it was too soon”, I won’t be surprised if T’Challa returns for Secret Wars. But it’s a big maybe.
    Man, new Tchalla had better be the POINT MAN of the entire event after having us wait that long for a recast.

I’ll say this though. If T’Challa does return in secret wars, that is ALL people will be talking about if done right. And once the new T’Challa leads Black Panther 3? Guaranteed bank.
    Absolutely!!!!!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by talentedbutnot View Post
    Yeah he was in the The First Purge right? The guy has the look for sure. Can do action scenes. That's a no-brainer. WE know that. The people that should, don't, or just don't care.
    The irony is certain people think all black people look alike and trivialise their offensive mistake bit somehow now feel they'll be "taken out if the movie" with a recast? Those mfers can MISS ME with that bs.

Spectacular Member talentedbutnot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    The irony is certain people think all black people look alike and trivialise their offensive mistake bit somehow now feel they'll be "taken out if the movie" with a recast? Those mfers can MISS ME with that bs.
    I know right. For some reason, with T'Challa, the exception to the rule, it's blasphemy to speak of or even imagine anyone else playing the role. Y'lan Noel expressed interest and actually could work as a live-action T'Challa. But nope. Chad's the only man on the planet who can do it. The "they all look alike" notion applies to everyone else but T'Challa. It can ONLY be Chad, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by talentedbutnot View Post
    I know right. For some reason, with T'Challa, the exception to the rule, it's blasphemy to speak of or even imagine anyone else playing the role. Y'lan Noel expressed interest and actually could work as a live-action T'Challa. But nope. Chad's the only man on the planet who can do it. The "they all look alike" notion applies to everyone else but T'Challa. It can ONLY be Chad, apparently.
    No the real reason why they’re still opposed to recasting is because Marvel said no recast. They said “recasting would be insensitive to Chadwick’s family”. But uh oh! Here comes Derrick Boseman saying T’Challa must live on and that he believes Chadwick would’ve wanted the same. But then they moved the goalpost to “I don’t care what his family thinks!”

“No actor would want to play T’Challa because of the pressure”. Enter Y’lan Noel who says he’d play T’Challa in a heartbeat.

“Wanting a recast is misogynistic”. Despite people making it clear that they DON’T want an immediate recast nor are they opposed to seeing other characters Don the mantle. They just want the door to be left open for T’Challas return. Not to mention plenty of women support recasting including high profile figures like Jemele Hill, Luvvie Jones and Black Girl Nerds. Oh and Chadwick’s own niece.

Oh and let’s not forget Kevin Feige dropping the gem of “it was much too soon”. Which I can respect, but if reports are to be believed, how come it’s too soon to recast T’Challa but not Thunderbolt Ross. If the latter gets recast you don’t think that would be a little bit hypocritical? I have a feeling Feige’s change in wording means we will see T’Challa again eventually.

But it’s funny how ever since E-Man created the petition things have come out gradually that debunked the anti recast talking points. And if T’Challa does return all these people screaming disrespect and misogyny are gonna eat it up and act like they were never against the idea of recasting. Mark my words.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

The online response to the second trailer is very positive.wilth the general gist being most are there for the emotional beats but also the story of Wakanda fighting and surviving without its King.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

No the real reason why they’re still opposed to recasting is because Marvel said no recast. They said “recasting would be insensitive to Chadwick’s family”. But uh oh! Here comes Derrick Boseman saying T’Challa must live on and that he believes Chadwick would’ve wanted the same. But then they moved the goalpost to “I don’t care what his family thinks!”

“No actor would want to play T’Challa because of the pressure”. Enter Y’lan Noel who says he’d play T’Challa in a heartbeat.

“Wanting a recast is misogynistic”. Despite people making it clear that they DON’T want an immediate recast nor are they opposed to seeing other characters Don the mantle. They just want the door to be left open for T’Challas return. Not to mention plenty of women support recasting including high profile figures like Jemele Hill, Luvvie Jones and Black Girl Nerds. Oh and Chadwick’s own niece.

Oh and let’s not forget Kevin Feige dropping the gem of “it was much too soon”. Which I can respect, but if reports are to be believed, how come it’s too soon to recast T’Challa but not Thunderbolt Ross. If the latter gets recast you don’t think that would be a little bit hypocritical? I have a feeling Feige’s change in wording means we will see T’Challa again eventually.

But it’s funny how ever since E-Man created the petition things have come out gradually that debunked the anti recast talking points. And if T’Challa does return all these people screaming disrespect and misogyny are gonna eat it up and act like they were never against the idea of recasting. Mark my words.
    Derrick Boseman also spoke of the theme Disney DOESN'T want to perpetuate. He was right on the money about that too. The response to the imagery that is T'Challa still irks who it irks. It will always irk who it irks. Any hesitancy boils down to that...regardless of the dollar. And they made plenty of those the first time around.
    Last edited by talentedbutnot; 10-04-2022 at 09:59 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    The online response to the second trailer is very positive.wilth the general gist being most are there for the emotional beats but also the story of Wakanda fighting and surviving without its King.
    It really is.

My wife is uber-excited about the movie.

That's part of the struggle that I am facing.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Cool, I still feel nothing. We already got that in the first movie for 20 min when T'Challa went off the waterfall, and now they are going to do an entire movie of it, and act like they had no other choice. No thanks

Amazing Member

They should be used to surviving without their king by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Cool, I still feel nothing. We already got that in the first movie for 20 min when T'Challa went off the waterfall, and now they are going to do an entire movie of it, and act like they had no other choice. No thanks
    And they already survived without their king for five whole years.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

"According to chess rules, the king can’t die, it can be checkmated!" No one is checkmating T'Challa soooo...no excuse they come up with sticks. They want to ignore established canon as well, fine. Until he's treated properly on ALL fronts (comic books, video games, film) Disney/Marvel can spare me with the breadcrumbs they chuck at us. Their "sequel" can kick rocks too.
    Last edited by talentedbutnot; 10-04-2022 at 11:58 AM.