Page 646 of 955 FirstFirst ... 146546596636642643644645646647648649650656696746 ... LastLast
Results 9,676 to 9,690 of 14314
    Spectacular Member Maine Starfish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by talentedbutnot View Post
    "According to chess rules, the king can’t die, it can be checkmated!" No one is checkmating T'Challa soooo...no excuse they come up with sticks. They want to ignore established canon as well, fine. Until he's treated properly on ALL fronts (comic books, video games, film) Disney/Marvel can spare me with the breadcrumbs they chuck at us. Their "sequel" can kick rocks too.
    the people making the film actually knew Chadwick Boseman, they obviously are trying to make a film that is respectful and honorable of his portrayal of the character, of course eventually they could recast the character but obviously they felt like it was to soon right now

and assuming Shuri is the new Black Panther, that doesn’t break canon at all, so they aren’t ignoring anything

Well we officially have another actor that would love to play T’Challa. But I was told no other actor would want the role because of the pressure.

https://twitter.com/mauricekirya/sta...4TjveIy98yijeA
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Spectacular Member talentedbutnot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maine Starfish View Post
    the people making the film actually knew Chadwick Boseman, they obviously are trying to make a film that is respectful and honorable of his portrayal of the character, of course eventually they could recast the character but obviously they felt like it was to soon right now

and assuming Shuri is the new Black Panther, that doesn’t break canon at all, so they aren’t ignoring anything
    Actually, quite a few things about the character's history/mythology, however you would like to put it, HAVE been ignored. If people choose not to believe that is their prerogative. The information isn't hidden. And frankly, anyone can say they are doing what is right. Literally anyone. Based on the actions and statements of a few during the entire process of this film's production (since we are discussing this version in particular), um yeah, a lot about what is being done is inconsistent and seems to change on a whim. (i.e. Kevin Feige's recent comments). The film adaptation may be someone's favorite take. That's great. That doesn't make it the definitive one for all. Hope you enjoy it.

who said anything about it being definitive?

obviously some people are not going to like it, I was responding to claims about it ignoring canon and the claims that the people making the film are not being respectful of Boseman, the people making the film personally knew Chadwick Boseman so obviously they are trying their best at making a film that would be respectful of him and his portrayal of T’Challa

who said anything about it being definitive?

obviously some people are not going to like it, I was responding to claims about it ignoring canon and the claims that the people making the film are not being respectful of Boseman, the people making the film personally knew Chadwick Boseman so obviously they are trying their best at making a film that would be respectful of him and his portrayal of T’Challa
    https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/...black-panther/

As I said. Intentions may be good. That's one of a few examples of how he actually felt though...versus what is being done. As far as the film-canon being ignored or not based on the leaks that is largely debatable too. Feel however you prefer to feel about it. No one is taking that away from you.

Quote Originally Posted by talentedbutnot View Post
    https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/...black-panther/

As I said. Intentions may be good. That's one of a few examples of how he actually felt though...versus what is being done. As far as the film-canon being ignored or not based on the leaks that is largely debatable too. Feel however you prefer to feel about it. No one is taking that away from you.
    Bro WGTC is a clickbait site. Not a reliable source.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

yeah I don’t know what that website is but I’m not going to it

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Well we officially have another actor that would love to play T’Challa. But I was told no other actor would want the role because of the pressure.

https://twitter.com/mauricekirya/sta...4TjveIy98yijeA
    Someone floated the idea of Keith Robinson, too. He's been in a few things but he's probably best known as the Green Ranger from Power Rangers: Lightspeed Rescue. I can kinda see it.

I mean, recasting would be for the next film, which could totally happen, T’Calla is a great character that deserves more films

But for this present film, I’m not sure how random news of people wanting to play but the character applies?

It was more the point. Looking up this information up is not difficult. For instance. Chad's older brother explaining exactly what he would have wanted to see:

While he was speaking for himself, mainly, I'm not one to accept what anyone says at face value. And I'm more inclined to listen to the people that know him, know him. If the film crew, fellow actors, mean well, like i said, great. I just don't think it's that cut and dry at all.
    Last edited by talentedbutnot; 10-05-2022 at 10:19 AM.

if it’s easy to find information then why link to crap sources?

if it’s easy to find information then why link to crap sources?
    Just gave you one that wasn't "crap". Why argue your point if you're right and I'm not? I only replied to your commenting on my post. Not the other way around.

and I’m just responding to what you post

this is how discussions work

and I’m just responding to what you post

this is how discussions work
    A discussion? Or someone reading something that bothered them so much they felt compelled to "correct" me? This is a T'Challa appreciation forum, I thought. Not a Disney appreciation one. Not a Black Panther: Wakanda Forever one. Maybe I read the title wrong. As I said. Enjoy your movie.

lol

I’m just offering my opinion dude, there’s plenty of things I dislike about plenty of the marvel films as well