Page 649 of 955 FirstFirst ... 149549599639645646647648649650651652653659699749 ... LastLast
Results 9,721 to 9,735 of 14314

Until Feige, Nate, or Ryan come out and say "Yes we're introducing a new T'Challa" I'm not wasting any hope on a maybe.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    What do they expect to be done at this point? That Disney will stop the film release, recast T'Challa and reshoot the entire movie from scratch?

And if the aim is to have a recast...I'm almost 90% sure that the executives and writers involved would have already discussed plans for recasting BP at some point going forward for the third (next) movie. Recasting either T'Challa or another male BP is inevitable.
    For common sense to kick in and at least consider a recast in a third movie.

What's interesting to me is wondering where the MCU will be 5h10 years from now. Let's say for arguments sake that they maintain their momentum,. They're already introducing the Next Gen characters like America, RiRi and Patriot. Once those characters become the "Old Guard," who do they pivot to? Is Marvel going to have to create new legacies, do they repurpose old characters as new entries or rehash the old faves (i.e. teen Tony, T'challa Jr, etc?)
    Since we have a multiverse there is nothing stopping them from doing all of the above.

Nothing says you can't do Ultimate Marvel Fantastic Four and Young Avengers and a universe where T'Challa was there with his son.

You have more to play with now.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    What's interesting to me is wondering where the MCU will be 5h10 years from now. Let's say for arguments sake that they maintain their momentum,. They're already introducing the Next Gen characters like America, RiRi and Patriot. Once those characters become the "Old Guard," who do they pivot to? Is Marvel going to have to create new legacies, do they repurpose old characters as new entries or rehash the old faves (i.e. teen Tony, T'challa Jr, etc?)
    Truth to tell...with the current state of the world, I cannot be bothered to think beyond next month far less for 5-10 years from now. If anything Chadwick's passing should teach us is that nothing is certain. So...Let me enjoy the upcoming movie, (it could be the last BP film made, for all we know) and let the future sort itself out. Life is way too short to be mired in angst and misery over things far out of my control.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 10-04-2022 at 06:45 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    For common sense to kick in and at least consider a recast in a third movie.
    As that seemed to have been an early topic after Chadwick's passing (how could it not be?), I'm willing to bet good money that that would have been brought up and seriously considered in later conversations (how could it not be?)...if they're already planning for the next phases.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 10-04-2022 at 06:48 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

What do they expect to be done at this point? That Disney will stop the film release, recast T'Challa and reshoot the entire movie from scratch?

And if the aim is to have a recast...I'm almost 90% sure that the executives and writers involved would have already discussed plans for recasting BP at some point going forward for the third (next) movie. Recasting either T'Challa or another male BP is inevitable.
    Not kill the character. He doesn't have to be in this Movie, just show he isn't dead in a post credit, itms what people have been saying. Have the movie take place during the Blip

Truth to tell...with the current state of the world, I cannot be bothered to think beyond next month far less for 5-10 years from now. If anything Chadwick's passing should teach us is that nothing is certain. So...Let me enjoy the upcoming movie, (it could be the last BP film made, for all we know) and let the future sort itself out. Life is way too short to be mired in angst and misery over things far out of my control.
    Oh, I wasn't being negative. My post was supposed to be hopeful and spark imaging of the future.

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Oh, I wasn't being negative. My post was supposed to be hopeful and spark imaging of the future.
    I totally understood where you were going. And I admire that stance but...I've always been pragmatic about living in/for the moment and not being overly concerned with when tomorrow's bridge might show up.

Spectacular Member talentedbutnot's Avatar

Something similar to this theme would have been great for the first movie's teaser and official trailers. It's a shame they went with more of a hip-hop angle back then.

Both versions are dope. Best thing about the WF trailer, imo.
    Last edited by talentedbutnot; 10-05-2022 at 10:18 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Until Feige, Nate, or Ryan come out and say "Yes we're introducing a new T'Challa" I'm not wasting any hope on a maybe.
    Exactly this.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

So in a fun bit

Finally got the Panther's Prey book. My first reading of the character pre-Priest and by McGregor who I hear was very influential on the character.

T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

LOVE that cover!!!

Gonna take us awhile to type it all out on reddit but

Hickman New Avengers 2nd

Priest ended up being tied for 23rd

Ewing Ultimates tied 39th

Coates tied for 45th

SWAD tied for 58th
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Gonna take us awhile to type it all out on reddit but

Hickman New Avengers 2nd

Priest ended up being tied for 23rd

Ewing Ultimates tied 39th

Coates tied for 45th

SWAD tied for 58th
    That's criminal that Swad was beaten out by Coates run and Hudlins not even on the list barely.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Coates seems low. But the rest is fine.