Page 61 of 955 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111161561 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    T'Challa did something in Avengers?
    Man, has ANY of the avengers done anything in Avengers lately lol?

I guess Shulk did her thing but I swear the run hit a weird point where nothing is happening with the cast at all.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Man, has ANY of the avengers done anything in Avengers lately lol?

I guess Shulk did her thing but I swear the run hit a weird point where nothing is happening with the cast at all.
    Yeah the last 6-7 issues have been a really slow burn for everybody. Aaron has a Phoenix and a Starbrand hanging with the team. They should be crushing everybody.

T'Challa did something in Avengers?
    Recently? No. He wasn't in the latest issue but the next issue will be about him and Namor.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    If I was a billionaire, I would bribe whoever was writing BP at the time to put Barri and Garri tag team in canon lol
    Gimme a chance at BPS book and I'll throw them in. I have wanted an elite HZ group on the book for a long time now (and no they would not be saving T'Challa or bashing him. They would be written as a group who respects him the most and are inspired by what he has done

Vibraxis, Tatu, Wakandan Science Team, etc. Lot's of characters to use and develop.
    Madame Slay, Kiber the Cruel, Sombre, Baron Macabre. Plenty of old school villains that desperately need a revamp as well.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Every writer does it though.

Priest created Doras, Hunter and Kasper Kole.
    Hudlin created Shuri and new Doras.
    Liss created Sofija.
    Maberry created Midnight Angels.
    Coates created a mess.

I agree that some of the older characters need to be brought back and revamped but nowadays, every writer wants to leave their own mark.
    Doras and Hunter (by extension the HZ) were needed. Kasper was forced on him. Shuri made sense logistically for royalty but could of been handled better. S'Yan was a great addition, the new Doras just didn't have names
    Liss had a bad premise but made it work
    Frak Mayberrys MA nonsense
    Frak Coates nonsense except for Akili

You leave a mark by what you do for the TITLE character, not for your pet OC. No one talks about Priest and Hudlins runs in reverence for what they did for OKOYE or SHURI. It's about what they did for T'CHALLA

A preview of a book about a younger T’Challa.

It has Achebe as the main villain, so it has my interest off that alone.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Doras and Hunter (by extension the HZ) were needed. Kasper was forced on him. Shuri made sense logistically for royalty but could of been handled better. S'Yan was a great addition, the new Doras just didn't have names
    Liss had a bad premise but made it work
    Frak Mayberrys MA nonsense
    Frak Coates nonsense except for Akili

You leave a mark by what you do for the TITLE character, not for your pet OC. No one talks about Priest and Hudlins runs in reverence for what they did for OKOYE or SHURI. It's about what they did for T'CHALLA
    No one is putting high marks on the new character by Ridley either. We barely know anything about the character. And we are definitely talking about Shuri and her role in BP years after her intro.

Again, writers want to make a mark on a title and I agree the most important thing is title character. But they also want add their own layers. Not saying it's right or wrong, it's just what they do.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post

I read that. It's set in Alabama.

Again, too many projects focused on young T'Challa. I get they're trying to hit the kids market but can they mix in some other time periods as well? Like maybe the present and a couple of future stories?

Astonishing Member

Aaron does get props for his T'Challa in Avengers despite a lot of people not like his run in general.

Plus when he does appear in other titles outside of an X-book, writers usually give him some pretty good feats.
    The only place we get a poorly written T’Challa is in the BP books and whenever he’s handled by X-writers (like Vita Ayala). Other than that most writers at Marvel like the character well enough and handle the mythos fine. Most of the spin-offs are bad but they tend not to focus on T’Challa. When they do and Coates isn’t main writer, we get solid stuff like Rise, BP vs. Deadpool, and AOW (two of which weren’t tied to the Coates era).

Most of T’Challa’s guest appearances are actually done pretty good outside the usual PIS that comes with getting written in other characters’ titles. Immortal Hulk, Conan, Fantastic Four, etc. Most of the issues people in this thread seem to have with how BP is handled is based on treatment within his own solo.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post

So this book is set in... 2016 ish? They are talking about tablet's and he's supposed to be 13 on the book

No one is putting high marks on the new character by Ridley either. We barely know anything about the character. And we are definitely talking about Shuri and her role in BP years after her intro.

Again, writers want to make a mark on a title and I agree the most important thing is title character. But they also want add their own layers. Not saying it's right or wrong, it's just what they do.
    I know WE aren't, I'm just saying it doesn't make sense to add these characters when they never last past the series they were created unless the MCU grabs hold of them or something like what Hudlin did for Shuri happens.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

I feel for DBoi and Chesterfield.

Seeing all these The Batman previews. Movie is gonna be 3 hours of Batman square in the lead kicking ass. Only made for 100 million so its allowed to look real and show how brutal Batman can be. Primarily mentioned them cause it filmed in Glasglow and Liverpool. Locations that would be good for an Enemy of the State kind of movie (I know there's an irony to that, but still)

One day we'll get 3 hour T'Challa epic. One day.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    I feel for DBoi and Chesterfield.

Seeing all these The Batman previews. Movie is gonna be 3 hours of Batman square in the lead kicking ass. Only made for 100 million so its allowed to look real and show how brutal Batman can be. Primarily mentioned them cause it filmed in Glasglow and Liverpool. Locations that would be good for an Enemy of the State kind of movie (I know there's an irony to that, but still)

One day we'll get 3 hour T'Challa epic. One day.
    I'm not feeling this Batman movie. It's like they want Goth Batman. And these 3 hr movies are getting ridiculous. It's not going to be 3 hours of ass-kicking, more like 45 mins of feats and a lot of talky-talk.

That isht gets boring after a while.

I'm not feeling this Batman movie. It's like they want Goth Batman. And these 3 hr movies are getting ridiculous. It's not going to be 3 hours of ass-kicking, more like 45 mins of feats and a lot of talky-talk.

That isht gets boring after a while.
    Yeah some movies simply don't need to be that long. The only time I watched Endgame from start to finish was in theaters. Now I just skip through the boring parts whenever I watch it again. Snyder's JL sure as hell didn't need to be 4hrs long. There was a large chunk that could've been left out that would've made it better.