Page 317 of 955 FirstFirst ... 217267307313314315316317318319320321327367417817 ... LastLast
Results 4,741 to 4,755 of 14314
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I really can't believe someone wrote T'challa saying "Oh ****, to be honest I was bluffing"

This is where we are at now.
    Yea that's just not how T'Challa talks. I get things are open to interpretation but you wouldn't feel T'Challa is a king at all based on dialogue, even though he's supposed to have a Shakespearan tone to his voice. He doesn't need to be super serious all the time but this is just poorly executed comedy to the point of feeling out of character. I don't understand the desire to Americanize T'Challa but then again it's probably a symptom of trying to Americanize Wakanda as a whole. Everything black needing to be filtered through the American lens is tragic for black storytelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    How much of T'Challa has Ridley actually read? Like, he has a pretty consistent voice outside, like most of Bendis' writing of him.
    Yup, even little kid cartoons get it right.

Like chief said, maybe this is hte last pages of the book and Tc'halla has been beating back HZ for 20 pages and finally falters but yeesh... advertise that part of the book then, not this trash. This being used to advertise the book does not bode well unless they really wanted that Storm fan 100 buys boost lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Yea that's just not how T'Challa talks. I get things are open to interpretation but you wouldn't feel T'Challa is a king at all based on dialogue, even though he's supposed to have a Shakespearan tone to his voice. He doesn't need to be super serious all the time but this is just poorly executed comedy to the point of feeling out of character. I don't understand the desire to Americanize T'Challa but then again it's probably a symptom of trying to Americanize Wakanda as a whole. Everything black needing to be filtered through the American lens is tragic for black storytelling.

Like chief said, maybe this is hte last pages of the book and Tc'halla has been beating back HZ for 20 pages and finally falters but yeesh... advertise that part of the book then, not this trash. This being used to advertise the book does not bode well unless they really wanted that Storm fan 100 buys boost lol
    If it doesn't sound right in James C. Mathis III's voice then it's not something T'Challa would actually say.

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
    Man that preview is awful. Some of those Storm fans have to be scratching their heads thinking "Why does she keep saving him, what does she see in this loser? They weren't even together that long!"

PHYSICIAN/PSYCHIATRIST WAKANDA FOREVER!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Tell me again that Ridley has T'Challa's best interests at heart:

Black Panther #6 Preview

The only reason I'm still active in this thread is the number of old friends still floating around. Between the mishandling in the comics and the overall disheartening news from the MCU, I'm not sure what we have left to appreciate.

(I'm sure Storm fans are happy, though...)
    Phew! Almost ordered that yesterday. I was already on the fence about this book. It wasn't feelin' right

Astonishing Member

That's the only way I see this making sense given past history. If dude's been on the run a few days in the jungle fighting off hordes of HZ then I can buy this happening. And imma need to see him giving the HZ that work ON PANEL, not relegated to a throwaway line.

But T'Challa's looking mighty fresh faced in the preview and Ridley's not exactly written T'Challa as a top tier fighter so far. I fully expect this to be T'Challa a few hours after he escapes Wakanda.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I'm not even going to give it that much effort to rationalise. Whether it's a few days or a few hours of running Storm showing up to save him, again, is bollocks!
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    Bruh I'm heated like where is badass Tchalla?
    Why are they nerfing him in his own comic
    What dang Agenda do these recent (Except for redjack)black writers have against Tchalla?
    That’s what I’m saying. You mean that ain’t none of these writers are embarrassed that white writers are running circles around them in terms of showing T’Challa being competent?
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I'm not even going to give it that much effort to rationalise. Whether it's a few days or a few hours of running Storm showing up to save him, again, is bollocks!
    This right here. In fact I don’t even think the HZ should have even been able to catch him at all. TChalla should be on his Rambo ****, where the HZ is doing their best to catch him but he’s too resourceful and always a few steps ahead. Then if he gets caught it’s because he gives himself up, but that’s a part of his plan.
    Last edited by Vanguard; 05-26-2022 at 03:36 PM.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Tell me again that Ridley has T'Challa's best interests at heart:

Black Panther #6 Preview

The only reason I'm still active in this thread is the number of old friends still floating around. Between the mishandling in the comics and the overall disheartening news from the MCU, I'm not sure what we have left to appreciate.

(I'm sure Storm fans are happy, though...)
    Storm fans are ecstatic except for the fact that she doesn't reference herself as a wakandan god, which they believe thanks to coats

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    How does she even show up in wakanda unannounced? Last time she was there she was stealing stuff

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    How does she even show up in wakanda unannounced? Last time she was there she was stealing stuff
    Didn't you check out issue #3 where T'Challa went to Mars to visit his "beloved" and his mole? If the "King" is fine with our beloved thief then why should Wakanda or Wakandan have an issue with Storm?
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

**** this book. I'm sorry, no need to try and sugar coat this. That is the dumbest most in T'Challa like behavior o have ever seen in my life. Dude is worse than Coates. I can't believe I would actually be saying those words. Atleast when Coates punked T'Challa to elevate storm he had the decency to make the threat atleast something that was powerful in the past. Not fucking HZ who T'Challa had been smacking around since 98. Like dammit man this is such a 180 from a few years back. Who is this book for? The 5 Shuri fans? The 10 Storm fans? The Omolola who gives a frak fans??? Certainly not BP fans, I hope thod book craters HARD now

He doesn't have a crown that means anything.

He is seemingly powerless.

His sister took his super smarts.

He doesn't talk like T'challa at all.

Bast abandons him or chastises me.

He isn't even 1 step ahead of anyone, let alone 10 steps.

I mean... is this even T'challa at this point?

and then top it off as the story is boring and stupid... ain't like he is writing T'challa like a chump to tell a great story or anything.
    Ridley made his intentions clear with that B
    Podcast he did recently, when he Narcisse and all those snakes banded together to talking about how the Franchise is beyond T'Challa and that it can stand on its own and Shuri would be better than him and all that bullshit. There's nothing left. Ridley somehow had the swing to take tchalla off the Avengers book, where he was punching out gods and vampires and Batman, flash and Superman analogues among other Cool **** just to... Get beat up by the honestly weakest of BP redshirts? Couple with isht cringey dialogue and Storm saving him?? After at the end of the last issue Shuri was telling Omolola how T'Challa is extraordinary? What a joke