Page 430 of 955 FirstFirst ... 330380420426427428429430431432433434440480530930 ... LastLast
Results 6,436 to 6,450 of 14314

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Yep, there were calls from DAY ONE that Shuri should be the next BP.

The "shift the mantle" movement didn't start with Boseman's death.
    Before BP dropped

Fake woke: "There better not be Black dysfunction otherwise I'm boycotting!"

After BP dropped

Fake woke: "You know heat would be really cool for the sequel? If T'Challa and Shuri got in a fight and Shuri challenges T'Challa and wins the mantle" or "It would be do cool if Aneka showed up and her an Ayo became a couple and went against T'Challa and separated the Doras from the royal's because no one man"

Among other variations in which T'Challa was beaten and one of the female supporting cast takes over the franchise and T'Challa is cast aside. Because of course now that the heavy leg work is done and over with, it's time for Black men to sit down and let a Black Queen take charge.

Instead of using BPs success to demand more representation and more female black led films they would rather cannibalize BPs success instead

Edit: Double post
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 07-05-2022 at 12:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    How is that they can have a BLACK CAPTAIN AMERICA and yet I feel nothing about it. Is it cause of how Sam is portrayed?
    Might be because he got his ass beat by the villain and wouldn't kill her because "reasons" and then when someone else took care of the problem, he acted all sad and portrayed her dead body like she was a fallen angel and then gave a lecture lol?

And this is the same dude who straight up murdering fools to start the show with no remorse at all.

He put on the flag and lost 500 points on his testosterone lol

And I like that show better than most but yeha....
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Niffleheim

Nate Moore projects are mostly serious the only one that injected some entertainment was Civil War.

Winter Soldier, Black Panther, The Falcon and the Winter Soldier and Eternals are serious.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Might be because he got his ass beat by the villain and wouldn't kill her because "reasons" and then when someone else took care of the problem, he acted all sad and portrayed her dead body like she was a fallen angel and then gave a lecture lol?

And this is the same dude who straight up murdering fools to start the show with no remorse at all.

Nate Moore's "we're gonna put him through the ringer to earn being Cap" comments didnt help as well, lol. Show was cool, but yea..

Do not get me started...I liked the show better than most too, but that still bugs me to this day.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Recast bugs started day one.

Give you an example-Creed. After that movie was proven to be a HIT-did you know what was the FIRST thing I heard floating around (and it wasn't on Twitter).
    "If Creed 2 gets greenlighted-it NEEDS to be about his WIFE not HIM."
    Creed 2 gets greenlighted.
    "Needs to be about HER not him."

Stranger Things-kill off Lucas and have his sister hang with Eleven and the boys and Max. Yes there were calls for that.

Blade 3 was nothing more than a stealth movie for Ryan Reynolds and the gang.

Some of this mess is NOT done by accident.
    Don't worry, the Mahershala Ali Blade whenever it comes out, will be all about Blade...handing over the mantle to his daughter, probably.

I really think the "casuals" as they're so eloquently called here, will eventually say FU let black men AND black women shine not one over the other, and no support until you (Disney, et al) do just that. But the "casuals" are stupid so I'm told so maybe not.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Gahtdamnit. I've long been against Boyega being T'Challa. However, for the first time I kinda see it.
    https://twitter.com/JohnBoyega/statu...56585836724225

At least maybe Star T'Challa (ironically)
    That because you actually get to see him without a ton of armor or clothes that hide everything.

Half the time I can't tell if he's short and chunky or just chunky due to bad pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Don't worry, the Mahershala Ali Blade whenever it comes out, will be all about Blade...handing over the mantle to his daughter, probably.

I really think the "casuals" as they're so eloquently called here, will eventually say FU let black men AND black women shine not one over the other, and no support until you (Disney, et al) do just that. But the "casuals" are stupid so I'm told so maybe not.
    And when you remember that Mahershala Ali is almost 50 years old…
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    And when you remember that Mahershala Ali is almost 50 years old…
    The cynic in me says they hired him cause Snipes kept asking to come back. Now they'll like "f__k we actually do have to make this movie huh..."

But if they were ever interested in Blade being a viable character going forward rather than Black Man keeping the seat warm till Black Woman can take it [TM] yes they would have hired someone younger.

We'll see what happens when the movie drops in 2026 I guess.

Ultimate Member

LOLOL...exactly.

So if that WASN'T putting Sam through the ringer... Then what is?

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    So if that WASN'T putting Sam through the ringer... Then what is?
    Sam's going to get the McGregor special in Cap 4 lol

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Recast bugs started day one.

Give you an example-Creed. After that movie was proven to be a HIT-did you know what was the FIRST thing I heard floating around (and it wasn't on Twitter).
    "If Creed 2 gets greenlighted-it NEEDS to be about his WIFE not HIM."
    Creed 2 gets greenlighted.
    "Needs to be about HER not him."

Stranger Things-kill off Lucas and have his sister hang with Eleven and the boys and Max. Yes there were calls for that.

Blade 3 was nothing more than a stealth movie for Ryan Reynolds and the gang.

Some of this mess is NOT done by accident.
    Bro please don't forget this humdinger: Finn should have sacrificed himself by flying into the cannon, The Last Jedi. Even though a deliberate decision was made to get him out the paint and put Rey there anyway.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

I'm reminded how Iron Fist season 2 ended with Danny giving Coleen the Iron Fist power and naming her the Iron Fist.

Which doesn't make sense because its not his to give. The Iron Fist is won and earned through training and surpassing trials in Kun'Lun and then finally defeating the dragon. Its a very specific list of stuff that makes Iron Fist what it is. Danny is the Iron Fist regardless of how poorly written he is because he earned the power, not Coleen.

Danny just giving it to Coleen because she's like a "good person" demeans the power and turns it into a generic superhero identity.