Page 50 of 955 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100150550 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    You’ve been banned before? Lol. I can respect that though, some of the best posters get banned. I’ve been banned on some other sites. Never permanently banned though.
    I was perma banned actually

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Just about anyone who posts regularly in the BP thread has been banned.
    the years have extracted a heavy toll lol

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I got the hammer for celebrating too much when he left.
    "attacking creators" was my second? ban I think.

Which is why I never say anything about authors anymore, just what is on page.

Live and Learn

I don't think it's that much different, if it is at all. There are many, many problems in how black characters are handled in superhero comics, but this isn't one of them. Even Coates's T'Challa didn't have it as bad as Batman under Tom King.

Iron Man's current series has calling in War Machine, Misty Knight, Hellcat, Ben Reilly and a bunch of others. In the movies, he never defeats the villain by himself.

In the films, Captain America needs help from no less than 3 people in each of his solo movies.

Green Arrow and Flash need entire superhero teams on their solo shows.
    The fact that T'challa actually defeated his villain in his movie SOLO is actually quite rare in the MCU.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    MOS, was banned Maj got Perma banned, I am 1 away from a perma ban, you gotta be very careful about what you say and to whom. Coates era saw a mass migration from CBR to a different forum because so many trolls were coming in here attacking BP fans and got away with it while we ate bans. That's why I never say anything directly to people and when talking about writers I am very specific about talking about their work and what they did and not personal insults
    Exactly.

I actually mentioned to a mod that a lot of BP-related posters got banned.

I got banned because of one particularly problematic individual (that keeps getting banned and coming back here under different) names when we were arguing about the BP movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I don't think it's that much different, if it is at all. There are many, many problems in how black characters are handled in superhero comics, but this isn't one of them. Even Coates's T'Challa didn't have it as bad as Batman under Tom King.

Iron Man's current series has calling in War Machine, Misty Knight, Hellcat, Ben Reilly and a bunch of others. In the movies, he never defeats the villain by himself.

In the films, Captain America needs help from no less than 3 people in each of his solo movies.

Green Arrow and Flash need entire superhero teams on their solo shows.
    The difference between Batman and T'Challa is Batman has so many other books coming out or running at the same time you can ignore that and he will recover easily from those setbacks given how much consistency is given to his general portrayal that any outlier can be written off. T'Challa doesn't have that luxury. Really we were very fortunate that during Coates era the rest of the 616 wrote him in character and not chump mode like Coates. That could of EASILY ruined the character if other writer's followed suit behind Coates and his cabal.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Exactly.

I actually mentioned to a mod that a lot of BP-related posters got banned.

I got banned because of one particularly problematic individual (that keeps getting banned and coming back here under different) names when we were arguing about the BP movie.
    I will admit my second ban could of been avoided had in it been a smart@ss, but to be fair, it was a bit ironic that the mod was threatening me with a ban for throwing out personal insults (I wasn't I was very careful about address what they were saying) yet they were personally insulting me, and felt like a power trip. But that's why it's best to bot engage and just use facts and leave it at that

I feel somewhat left out... I've never been banned.

I will admit my second ban could of been avoided had in it been a smart@ss, but to be fair, it was a bit ironic that the mod was threatening me with a ban for throwing out personal insults (I wasn't I was very careful about address what they were saying) yet they were personally insulting me, and felt like a power trip. But that's why it's best to bot engage and just use facts and leave it at that
    No lie, it was a vibe to look at my friends list under my profile and see them get knocked off. Mr. Majestik o.g. soldier, Silverzeal, some good peoples man! Most of them could run the business on BP debates. Back when this thread was the G.O.A.T.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

MyTimeToShineHello
    @MyTimeToShineH
    Lake Bell is playing someone called Doctor Graham and she and her team are using a device made by Riri Williams to find Vibranium in the ocean. It makes Namor mad and what starts the conflict in Black Panther 2.

Atlanta Filming confirmed it.

The whole Riri Williams aspect is so forced and I like the character. If she's really getting more screen time cause of no T'Challa smh. Originally, I heard it was just a cameo and now she's supposedly the lynchpin

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    MyTimeToShineHello
    @MyTimeToShineH
    Lake Bell is playing someone called Doctor Graham and she and her team are using a device made by Riri Williams to find Vibranium in the ocean. It makes Namor mad and what starts the conflict in Black Panther 2.

The whole Riri Williams aspect is so forced and I like the character. If she's really getting more screen time cause of no T'Challa smh. Originally, I heard it was just a cameo and now she's supposedly the lynchpin
    it Tchadwick was in this movie and they were wasting time on RiRi, I would be pissed.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    I feel somewhat left out... I've never been banned.
    Consider yourself lucky, I Know that for my bans it was complete BS and compared to what the mods were Letting the trolls who came in here get away with, wildly unfounded and seemed targeted at BP fans specifically

Clear your privates messages my man

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    MyTimeToShineHello
    @MyTimeToShineH

They are likely going to dive and bet heavily on black girl magic to make up the hole left by Chad. Seems a bit ridiculous though to have Riri have a role like that but whatever this is really a Wakanda film anyways so /shrug

They are likely going to dive and bet heavily on black girl magic to make up the hole left by Chad. Seems a bit ridiculous though to have Riri have a role like that but whatever this is really a Wakanda film anyways so /shrug
    This and likely building the movie around "honoring" Chad/T'Challa. You probably be hard pressed to find reviewers criticizing the movie if they do they're likely to get labeled racist and misogynist/sexist and somehow disrespecting Chadwick. Once the marketing campaign I expect Feige to repeat the that the franchise was never about T'Challa narrative and that the sequel was always going to focus on the other characters of Wakanda.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    This and likely building the movie around "honoring" Chad/T'Challa. You probably be hard pressed to find reviewers criticizing the movie if they do they're likely to get labeled racist and misogynist/sexist and somehow disrespecting Chadwick. Once the marketing campaign I expect Feige to repeat the that the franchise was never about T'Challa narrative and that the sequel was always going to focus on the other characters of Wakanda.
    Never about T'challa = recast him already then. Can't have it both ways but oh they'll try.

most likely, which I truly wouldnhave to scratch my head over because what person on their right mind would believe that a movie centered around T'Challa and given the massive success, risk that by trying to focus on side characters. Movies based on specific characters rarely do well when they start to focus on side characters and not on the title.

This is why what E-Man had been doing is so Important and why the people involved need to hot the E brake before they do irrecoverable damage to the franchise

So it’ll essentially be a repeat of the last Jedi where critics praise it but fans see through the facade. Ok then.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"