Page 316 of 955 FirstFirst ... 216266306312313314315316317318319320326366416816 ... LastLast
Results 4,726 to 4,740 of 14314
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    The Moon Knight book is fire right now
    I'm behind but I agree. T'Challa's also in it and written well.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I'm behind but I agree. T'Challa's also in it and written well.
    Really? Which issues can I find TChalla in? I’ll grab those.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Tell me again that Ridley has T'Challa's best interests at heart:

Black Panther #6 Preview

The only reason I'm still active in this thread is the number of old friends still floating around. Between the mishandling in the comics and the overall disheartening news from the MCU, I'm not sure what we have left to appreciate.

(I'm sure Storm fans are happy, though...)
    Bruh I'm heated like where is badass Tchalla?
    Why are they nerfing him in his own comic
    What dang Agenda do these recent (Except for redjack)black writers have against Tchalla?

I swear T'Challa is the best thing that ever happened to Storm. I've never seen such a useful prop. Maybe she'll be the lead character in Black Panther 3

They really passed up redjack for this nonsense and expect us to believe that they actually care about the quality of their black books

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    What dang Agenda do these recent (Except for redjack)black writers have against Tchalla?
    It is the concept of "I can do WHATEVER I want to the lead and the SHEEP will continue to buy it."

Because Marvel (and DC) have seen it work with Batman and others. Hate reading and buying and even variants keep those sales up. Along with readers who will try to stay till the end no matter what.

That mess does not WORK on characters of color.

See New 52 Static, DCU/Rebirth Cyborg, Falcon, Storm, Aqualad & Jace Fox. If folks do not like those stories-they won't buy them.
    That is why Miles and Redjack's Green Lantern and even GL Far Sector have done well. As has Boom Studio books with black males as the leads.

What we are seeing is trying to feed a certain segment of folks what YOU want to feed them and support their theology versus what they NEED to see.

Priest, Hudlin, McDuffie, Liss, Redjack and others gave us that. They said this is why he got that billion dollar movie.

What we are seeing now is deconstruction.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    He's just keeping an eye on Marc. He's only kinda around, not really worth buying for that reason

buy because the book is good lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    I swear T'Challa is the best thing that ever happened to Storm. I've never seen such a useful prop. Maybe she'll be the lead character in Black Panther 3

They really passed up redjack for this nonsense and expect us to believe that they actually care about the quality of their black books
    I really can't believe someone wrote T'challa saying "Oh ****, to be honest I was bluffing"

This is where we are at now.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

He's just keeping an eye on Marc. He's only kinda around, not really worth buying for that reason

buy because the book is good lol

Oh okay. Thanks. I was thinking I’d get some scenes with him in it to offset the Ridley BS.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    He's really only in issue #7. He assigns Tigra to spy on Moon Knight:

(scenes in between not posted)

@DigiCom

That’s a nice depiction of TChalla on the last page. He draws Moon Knight really well too. Thanks for the scans.
    Last edited by Vanguard; 05-26-2022 at 12:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Tell me again that Ridley has T'Challa's best interests at heart:

Black Panther #6 Preview

The only reason I'm still active in this thread is the number of old friends still floating around. Between the mishandling in the comics and the overall disheartening news from the MCU, I'm not sure what we have left to appreciate.

(I'm sure Storm fans are happy, though...)

Ridley got him taken off the Avengers and AXE so he can get beaten up by faceless redshirts

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Yeah, this falls on Coogler IMO... right or wrong. I don't think it falls on Kevin here.

Unfortunately... Coogler seemed to be the "closest" to Chadwick and may have been affected the most by it... but he was also the one in control.

IF Coogler said "we recast, we have to recast for XYZ minority reasons," Kevin would have allowed it.

Instead Coogler said, "I can't do this without Chadwick" due to grief id imagine (or you can get sinister with it if you wanted but...) and Kevin wasn't going to be the one to fire Coogler because he wouldn't recast his dead friend. That would be a PR nightmare.

So they pivoted, claimed it was "off the table from the beginning" as a business decision and moved on.

And then you have to add executives who probably don't give a F either way breathing down Kevin's neck that they need a BP movie ASAP for money reasons... especially considering this was near covid when revenue dried up.

What everyone needed to do was pause everything and take 10 steps back and go, "this is too real right now, we are halting production until everyone feels better" and then see where they were at.

I mean, hell, people in this very thread have changed opinions over time based on this tragedy... and none of us are close to these people at all lol.

It is a shitty situation where you could point fingers at probably 10 different people if you wanted and it just sucks this is where we are at.
    The disappointing thing from Ryan is the lack transparency. He's only talked around the decision and not addressed the decision. I wouldnt like it, but I would respect if he just came out and said I couldnt do it without Chadwick.

Of course anyone with sense would follow up with "I get that. However, did you need to kill the character forever? You might not even do the next film."

I hope the rumors are right about Shuri going to the ancestral plane expecting to see T'Challa and finding out he's not there are true.

I really can't believe someone wrote T'challa saying "Oh ****, to be honest I was bluffing"

This is where we are at now.
    How much of T'Challa has Ridley actually read? Like, he has a pretty consistent voice outside, like most of Bendis' writing of him.

Yeeeeah and this is where I stop giving my money to this trash.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"