Page 321 of 955 FirstFirst ... 221271311317318319320321322323324325331371421821 ... LastLast
Results 4,801 to 4,815 of 14314
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    All countries have spies.

Why would T'challa be any different?

But I don't see how this is a "trust issue" thing. He is a king, he absolutely has a "normal" amount of secrets no one else knows. Every person he tells is a chance his spies are compromised.
    I actually agree with all of this. just wanted to see what you guys thoughts were on this.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    It’s Americanizing Wakanda and villainizing T’Challa so he can learn dumbass lessons he never needed to learn. Americans think spies are bad because that’s the history of our CIA, which has been used as a tool of imperialism and racism for decades. Ridley is wholly incapable of thinking that an afrofuturist utopia would need spies, not as weapons, but as shields against those who would oppress them. It’s absolutely idiotic to think having spies is bad in a world where everyone from Atlantis to Latveria to even Krakoa is trying to implement regime change or straight up commit genocide against Wakandans.

The only issue Storm fans have with it is she wasn’t aware because unless T’Challa always worships her and never keeps her out the loop T’Challa is toxic. Or they subscribe to the same dumb notion that all spies are bad. T’Challa exists as a sounding board for lazy, dumbed down American politics as told by Coates, Ridley, Ayala, etc. For example, having him do something like ignore intergalactic slavery so they can bitch about how bad American exceptionalism is. Or revealing that early Wakandans were slavers who owe their prosperity to demons that existed before them to bitch about US history.
    not all storm fans have issue with what T'Challa is doing regarding how chooses to hovern and protect wakanda.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by XJlock View Post
    After his wanted status ushered in last issue, it was time for T'Challa to channel the same energy of his counterpart in Avengers Assemble Black Panther's Quest and use it on the Wakandans who think they know better than him on how to run the country and protecting his subjects. A way to remind us why he is still the man that is needed to lead Wakanda to greater heights. However, judging by the preview for the next issue, Ridley continue to unnecessarily holding back his potential.

Almost every second of this clip is like a personal attack against the writing of current comics T'Challa and I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    You mean Carl Lucas? Marvel having him become Mayor Of New York but still have him go by a superhero alias instead of his real name is messed up and shows a total lack of respect for the character.
    Luke Cage isn't his codename, he legally changed his name by deed poll, so it's actually his real name. His superhero name is Power Man.

Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    Avengers Forever #6 Vibranium Man Preview:
    https://aiptcomics.com/2022/05/26/ma...ers-forever-6/
    Interesting that the solicit calls him the Invincible Vibranium Man, thus evoking Iron Man (Tony of course being Ant-Man instead) but his powers are basically Spider-Man's!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    I like Ewing, Aaron, Hickman, and Redjack right now to write TChalla. Not necessarily in that order. But like you said I really like Ewings work.
    Yes, with Ewing 99% of the time the guy will have actually studied the character enough to know about personal canon for said character. This allows him to develop the whole mythos of a given hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    What's he writing?
    Currently, Moon Knight (which I've obsessed about recently, and even appeared on a podcast for), Strange, and various Black Cat-related minis. I think he's also writing a Magic the Gathering book for Boom. His take on Khonshu is one I would have liked to see for Bast.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Ewing is someone who writes every character well. Much like Hickman he has his favorites but Ewing has a broad appreciation for the Marvel Universe, it’s why he’s such a continuity junky. I don’t know if he’s a really big fan of T’Challa or if he’s just doing his job but there’s an undeniable level of professionalism that goes into how he has the character speak and act in his stories.
    My only real problem with Ewing is he's far too willing to derail a title for crossovers. His volume of S.W.O.R.D. was 11 issues long, and over half were tie-ins, including the first 4 issues.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Luke Cage isn't his codename, he legally changed his name by deed poll, so it's actually his real name. His superhero name is Power Man.

Interesting that the solicit calls him the Invincible Vibranium Man, thus evoking Iron Man (Tony of course being Ant-Man instead) but his powers are basically Spider-Man's!
    Considering that JMS's time on Amazing Spider-Man related (or connected) the story of Anansi in West African mythology and lore to Spider-Man's genesis in the context of the Marvel Universe, and I have honestly been wanting more African deities and their avatars to have a greater role in the Marvel Universe (preferably with T'Challa and Bast leading them), this all looks and sounds very intriguing.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Vibranium Man is the kind of craziness I expect from Jason Aaron and yet it's still better than what's coming out of T'Challa's actual solo book .

I just want Tchalla to be solidly represented in wherever he is Showing up. Why can't we have good showings in the Solo AND team books? Is that too much to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I just want Tchalla to be solidly represented in wherever he is Showing up. Why can't we have good showings in the Solo AND team books? Is that too much to ask?
    Gotta get Ridley to wrap up his mess.

Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    Almost every second of this clip is like a personal attack against the writing of current comics T'Challa and I love it.
    Its beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Vibranium Man is the kind of craziness I expect from Jason Aaron and yet it's still better than what's coming out of T'Challa's actual solo book .
    Thats what is wild.

Tchalla at his core... whether its BP, starlord, vibranium man

Hes a good person who is a hero and a king and struggles with the balance

It isnt hard... lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Thats what is wild.

Tchalla at his core... whether its BP, starlord, vibranium man

Hes a good person who is a hero and a king and struggles with the balance

It isnt hard... lol
    Apparently... It is, when getting into his head they gotta over complicate it for some reason then ultimately miss the mark entirely and prove they have no idea WiTBP so they fail.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
    Did Ridley just forget that T'Challa is Wakanda's greatest combatant and has the heart-shaped herb? Also don't the Hatut Zeraze have vibranium suits that T'Challa made to invulnerable to lightening. Or was that just his habit? I know Ridley's take on T'Challa's combat skill were shaky when in the earlier issue T'Challa was having a difficult time taking out that female Wakandan spy. Wow. How long must we wait before we can get a writer with a great take on T'Challa?

I passed this sign on a road trip and had to stop and snap a pic. Guess I'm in Wakanda now.
    IMG_20220527_144326.jpg