Page 304 of 955 FirstFirst ... 204254294300301302303304305306307308314354404804 ... LastLast
Results 4,546 to 4,560 of 14314

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    And yet with Coates we have "Democracy is the greatest most bestest thing ever and we should totally throw away a 10k monarch that has progressed us further than the rest of the world for a government system that is ripe with corruption!!! Because it's the bestest and most awesome thing Ever! Plus No One Man!!!"

My favorite part is when he points to America now as a sign of the flaws in democracy. I legit can't blame him .

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    My favorite part is when he points to America now as a sign of the flaws in democracy. I legit can't blame him .
    It's like people smarter and wiser than me have said, the problem with democracy is the same problem with any other political system --- people. Because people are ultimately small and weak and cheap and easily swayed, whether it's by fear or anger or hate or some combination of all those things.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Anyone think that the colonialist will just end up being Klaw?
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Yup, its never been more obvious that they are really vetting these "writers" for Black Panther and they are making sure there's a slow walk away from it being T'Challa centric. I feel this is coming more from the death of Chadwick as T'Challa than Coates writing. His death had serious ripple effect on the position and portrayal of Black Panther. He was set to be a main focus point in Marvel. I see Chadwick using the influence of the movie to further lift T'Challa's profile and that is going to show in other properties. Now, girl power agenda is sweeping this character and his whole verse into something not that many fans are asking for.
    What's the average age of the established readership here/elsewhere...somewhere around 30?
    Have we considered that perhaps a newer, younger, wider demographic might want, need and/or appreciate something other (not necessarily different) than what we've been fortunate to have prior to Coates?

I'm a firm believer in "if it's not broken..." (Unfortunately Coates didn't) but that doesn't mean new writers, good writers can't add to the mythos (without taking away/devaluating/invalidating what came before) in significant ways that speak to and resonate with younger readers. (''Agendas'' and "Faukeness" and all the other pervasive social rubbish constructs, aside)

Just offering a different perspective.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    What's the average age of the established readership here/elsewhere...somewhere around 30?
    Have we considered that perhaps a newer, younger, wider demographic might want, need and/or appreciate something other (not necessarily different) than what we've been fortunate to have prior to Coates?

I'm a firm believer in "if it's not broken..." (Unfortunately Coates didn't) but that doesn't mean new writers, good writers can't add to the mythos (without taking away/devaluating/invalidating what came before) in significant ways that speak to and resonate with younger readers. (''Agendas'' and "Faukeness" and all the other pervasive social rubbish constructs, aside)

If they wanted to bring in a fresh, younger perspective, why do they keep hiring BP writers in their 40-50s? Ridley is actually 10 years OLDER than Coates.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Anyone think that the colonialist will just end up being Klaw?
    Dude that would be so incredibly lazy and annoying. On one hand it would be good in the sense that Klaw would finally be given the threat level he deserves as a avengers level threat, so he isnt used as fodder for Z listers to beat on, but on the other hand, it would be so uninspired and lame.

Klaw can make a come back (have him look like he does in War for Wakanda, basically an Evil Nathan Drake) at some point, maybe he could even work with this new group, but don't make him the big bad. Big enough to get a power boost and be a threat, but not THE big bad

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Emmanuel "E-Man" Noisette - #RecastTChalla
    @EmansReviews
    My heart goes out to
    @Winston_Duke
    & the cast/crew. I stand by #RecastTChalla to better honor Chadwick. Hopefully
    @MarvelStudios
    sets #BlackPanther2 before the Blip so Wakanda doesn't have to mourn T'Challa a 3rd time. Boseman's real death shouldn't be a plot device for T'Challa.
    https://twitter.com/EmansReviews/sta...35987976708097

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Emmanuel "E-Man" Noisette - #RecastTChalla
    @EmansReviews
    My heart goes out to
    @Winston_Duke
    & the cast/crew. I stand by #RecastTChalla to better honor Chadwick. Hopefully
    @MarvelStudios
    sets #BlackPanther2 before the Blip so Wakanda doesn't have to mourn T'Challa a 3rd time. Boseman's real death shouldn't be a plot device for T'Challa.
    https://twitter.com/EmansReviews/sta...35987976708097
    If they were smart this would be the perfect way to get arothis. But I’m not holding my breath.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    If they wanted to bring in a fresh, younger perspective, why do they keep hiring BP writers in their 40-50s? Ridley is actually 10 years OLDER than Coates.
    I wasn't thinking specifically younger or even fresher...just other. (Priest and Hudlin's perspective were anything but "younger" yet still appealed to a far younger and newer demographic at the time.)

And as very recently proven, it's not guaranteed that a younger writer would even be able to give that younger, fresher direction...
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I wasn't thinking specifically younger or even fresher...just other. (Priest and Hudlin's perspective were anything but "younger" yet still appealed to a far younger and newer demographic at the time.)

And as very recently proven, it's not guaranteed that a younger writer would even be able to give that younger, fresher direction...
    Priest was 37 when he started writing Panther. Hudlin 42. The writers have been getting older, not younger.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Because they are more focus on a NAME versus content.

We saw this with Al Ewing and Tynion. What books were they getting for so long that mainstream ignored?

While we saw NAMES like Johns, Lodbell, Bendis and others get books to varying levels of success?

Meanwhile Ewing and Tynion were building up solid work.

Now those two have done some of the best received books.

Ultimate Member

That is the issue right there. They have not READ anything except the mess Coates has tossed.

So now we got folks who don't want Redjack near Black Panther (or John Stewart or Vixen) and loving this deconstruction of Black Panther while the females of Wakanda get propped up at his expense.

Which is funny since he's treated all three with way more RESPECT than others. Especially Vixen.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Dude that would be so incredibly lazy and annoying. On one hand it would be good in the sense that Klaw would finally be given the threat level he deserves as a avengers level threat, so he isnt used as fodder for Z listers to beat on, but on the other hand, it would be so uninspired and lame.

Klaw can make a come back (have him look like he does in War for Wakanda, basically an Evil Nathan Drake) at some point, maybe he could even work with this new group, but don't make him the big bad. Big enough to get a power boost and be a threat, but not THE big bad
    What exactly is the issue with him being the big bad? He's been a BP villain for a long time now.

What young kid wants to see a character who looks like them getting constantly talked down to and disrespected, looking humdrum all the time with head hung low, not able to wipe his own ass without asking for advice from his sister or the female cast, not being shown as the brilliant warrior king he is, and constantly having his run hijacked?

Build off this

Old, young, it doesn’t matter. Just tell cool stories