Page 654 of 955 FirstFirst ... 154554604644650651652653654655656657658664704754 ... LastLast
Results 9,796 to 9,810 of 14314

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Bendis at least gave us the illuminati scene.

Falling and breaking his neck would be a mercy killing at this point lol
    The only time Bendis felt like he could actually write T'Challa .

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post

What am I missing here and why do people find it funny? Shouldn't T'Challa be able to beat this guy with horrifying speed and efficiency? Is T'Chally depowered significantly here or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The only time Bendis felt like he could actually write T'Challa .
    One more time than ridley
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    What am I missing here and why do people find it funny? Shouldn't T'Challa be able to beat this guy with horrifying speed and efficiency? Is T'Chally depowered significantly here or something?
    Technically we don't know.

For all we know he is Black Superman riding a Bison.

Ridley didn't establish the threat at all. Again.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Technically we don't know.

For all we know he is Black Superman riding a Bison.

Ridley didn't establish the threat at all. Again.
    Huh. I wanted to assume more was going on before declaring this "lazy fanfiction" cause on the surface that's what it looks like. Figured I was missing context, but...guess not.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by talentedbutnot View Post
    Coates and Ridley are tied with writing some of the WORST BP fanfiction I've ever seen in my life. Two sides of the same coin. Somehow though...Coates was the more grating one? Which is nuts when you read some of the tomfoolery in Ridley's stuff.
    quick question I know Coates bona fides, but what are Ridley's?

I mean Coates grew up as a big comic fan, but I don't know much about Ridley.

Can someone illuminate me?

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post

He wrote the 12 Years a Slave film which was a big deal.

He wrote the American Way comic about Superheroes of a bygone era dealing with race issues (I think it was well-received?).

He wrote "The Other History of the DC Universe" which was basically contextualizing the DCU and it's history from the lens of minority characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Huh. I wanted to assume more was going on before declaring this "lazy fanfiction" cause on the surface that's what it looks like. Figured I was missing context, but...guess not.
    This is the same dude that magically had assassins at the same level or better that hand picked and trained spies of T'challa.... that ended up just being HZ.

And Akili magically knew about a program that not even Shuri knew about because... I still don't know how.

The dude just can't write at all. I would give him the benefit of the doubt thta he is going to explain somethign about these people but... he hasn't earned that lol

Spectacular Member talentedbutnot's Avatar

To be fair I only read maybe the first couple of issues from Ridley's run. It was all I could stomach. The panels posted earlier are a good example of his "bona fides". Kidding. But his other work I have not bothered with...and won't.
    Last edited by talentedbutnot; 10-06-2022 at 11:50 AM.

Incredible Member

I’m hoping this run ends by issue 10 or 12. Let them get their fill for a trade, and just END this run. Relaunch next year with a new issue 1 and new writer. Surely from fan dissent, they would make sone changes?

Ahhh, who the #%ck am I kidding?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    He wrote the 12 Years a Slave film which was a big deal.

He wrote the American Way comic about Superheroes of a bygone era dealing with race issues (I think it was well-received?).

He wrote "The Other History of the DC Universe" which was basically contextualizing the DCU and it's history from the lens of minority characters.
    I know his DC work like Next Batman, but it's kinda wild how the big two are hiring people to write comics with little to no experience - especially A-list tentpole characters.

To be fair I only read maybe the first couple of issues from Ridley's run. It was all I could stomach. The panels posted earlier are a good example of his "bona fides". Kidding. But his other work I have not bothered with...and won't.
    fair enough, I've only read the first trade because I enjoy Cabal's art.

Quote Originally Posted by Blanks View Post
    I’m hoping this run ends by issue 10 or 12. Let them get their fill for a trade, and just END this run. Relaunch next year with a new issue 1 and new writer. Surely from fan dissent, they would make sone changes?

Ahhh, who the #%ck am I kidding?
    I’m not sure what individual thought Ridley’s vision would be a fruitful addition to this franchise. But they didn’t do their homework and Ridley didn’t either. He doesn’t incorporate any backstory from other runs in his work except for the obvious.

Spectacular Member talentedbutnot's Avatar

I know his DC work like Next Batman, but it's kinda wild how the big two are hiring people to write comics with little to no experience - especially A-list tentpole characters.

fair enough, I've only read the first trade because I enjoy Cabal's art.
    I hear you. The theme with recent Panther stories seems to be nice visuals with little substance. In terms of the writing. Like you said Cabal's art was decent though.

I hear you. The theme with recent Panther stories seems to be nice visuals with little substance. In terms of the writing. Like you said Cabal's art was decent though.
    Yeah I really fell in love with Cabal during All New Wolverine his digital artistry is really spectacular

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I hate the fact I chuckled at this lol.
    Buffalo Soldier actually looks really cool, I think I know the inspiration for him which I approve of. It’s too bad I’m just not digging the direction of the run overall.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/