Page 101 of 955 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201601 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 14314
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

After issue 03's snore-fest "romantic interlude" I really hope we get back to resolving the main plot.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Ridley has a problem with pacing. Issue 2 and 3 felt like nothing happened and the next issue is shuri focused. I’m barely hanging on.
    Last edited by Pulp Fiction; 02-08-2022 at 01:30 PM.

Redjack had 1 issue for a king and black tie in and he delivered. We didn’t they give him the book?

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
    Redjack had 1 issue for a king and black tie in and he delivered. We didn’t they give him the book?
    Politics likely.

I'm going to reserve harsh judgment until Issue 4 and 5. If the story still is crawling and I have to read half an issue about brand new OC wakandans then im peacing out.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I didn't mind the slow build of 01 and 02 but I expected much more of 03 which really derailed my excitement. A "double-sized" book with two tacked-on stories and we still learned nothing more regarding the main plot. I'm going to give it until issue 04, hopefully Shuri makes a break through.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Maybe the editors lack vision. Maybe Redjack's Panther is too black, too strong.
    His Jon Stewart certainly is. DC was smart to let him do it. Marvel is still going to be Marvel though

The pace doesn't bother me.

Walt Simonson's Thor Surtur Saga ran from #337 to #382.
    Roger Stern's ASM Hobgoblin Arc ran from #238 to 283(iirc).

I don't mind a slow build up as long as new information is being discovered and the plot moves forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    His Jon Stewart certainly is. DC was smart to let him do it. Marvel is still going to be Marvel though
    Yeah, Redjack has definitely elevated John. I think he has something planned with Vixen too.

He also said he has a Hobie Brown(Hornet) project he's working on.

He's a busy dude.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I don't mind a slow build up as long as new information is being discovered and the plot moves forward.
    This. Even if we go off on tangents, you can always drop subplots in issues to help deliver the finale.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Yeah, but in the first three issues of Walt's run we had:

1. Thor is recruited by Fury, battles Beta Ray Bill, and loses his hammer.
    2. Thor is summoned back to Asgard, learns Bill's history, and loses the challenge for Mjolnir.
    3. Bill tries to refuse the hammer, and ends up getting one of his own (after Sif defeats a freakishly large dwarf).

In the first three issues of this BP run, we get:

1. T'Challa discovers his sleepers are being killed off. He catches up with the killers, but they escape.
    2. T'Challa discovers his sleepers are being killed off. He catches up with the killers, but they escape.
    3. T'Challa discovers his sleepers are being killed off. He catches up with the killers, but they escape.

See the problem?

Not really the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Yeah, but in the first three issues of Walt's run we had:

1. Thor is recruited by Fury, battles Beta Ray Bill, and loses his hammer.
    2. Thor is summoned back to Asgard, learns Bill's history, and loses the challenge for Mjolnir.
    3. Bill tries to refuse the hammer, and ends up getting one of his own (after Sif defeats a freakishly large dwarf).

In the first three issues of this BP run, we get:

1. T'Challa discovers his sleepers are being killed off. He catches up with the killers, but they escape.
    2. T'Challa discovers his sleepers are being killed off. He catches up with the killers, but they escape.
    3. T'Challa discovers his sleepers are being killed off. He catches up with the killers, but they escape.

See the problem?

Not really the same thing.
    Yeah, T'Challa doesn't have a hammer!

Seriously tho' remember too that the ultimate villain wasn't revealed in those three issues either.

I look at it this way:

1st issue: We see friction in this new Wakandan gov't. We see insight into T'Challa's sleeper cell program.
    2nd issue: T'Challa has his first confrontation with the assassins targeting his sleepers.
    3rd issue: T'Challa figures this is a feint by his opponent to draw him out. He removes himself off the grid to Arrakoa where we meet the much-maligned Gentle who is a part of the
    Wakandan sleeper program.

If we go back and look at Frank Miller's seminal run on Daredevil, Born Again (#227-#233), Matt got his ass-kicked in 5 of the seven issues and never once beat Kingpin. But people love it.

So far, other than characters talking smack to T'Challa, Ridley's run is nothing like Coates He isn't running around like an idiot simp.

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
    Ridley has a problem with pacing. Issue 2 and 3 felt like nothing happened and the next issue is shuri focused. I’m barely hanging on.
    Funny you should mention this because this week’s issue of IAB #6 finally felt like Ridley found a good pace. Quickly set up the new status quo for Jace, established a cool new villain, and really hit the ground running. I hope that means he’s found his groove with BP as well.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I’m willing to give it the first arc before I decide to jump ship.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

I’m waiting for the reveal about who is behind the secret agents. That’s what will make or break the arc for me. So far I’m still digging the book.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

How many people were dissing David Liss when he started his run? Heck, I was one of them.

Some of the things said about Ridley were saying the same things about Liss.

Bad premise.
    T'Challa not king.
    Slow story.

About halfway through his run I sent a letter to Liss that got printed and gave him credit for the work he was putting in.

In the end, Liss performed the landing and we loved it.