Page 11 of 955 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111511 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    "[Killmonger] He’s such a good villain, in fact, that he effortlessly steals every scene he appears in, and highlights how fundamentally boring T’Challa actually is."

"But this film feels less like T’Challa’s story, and more like Killmonger’s."

"The story really picks up when he acquires the throne, and his final act, choosing a noble death rather than living in chains, is deeply poignant. Unfortunatly, T’Challa doesn’t come anywhere close to leaving such an impression".

https://www.forbes.com/sites/danidip...h=7200b57d36d8
    Meh, the fact that the dude uses trumpian to describe Wakanda and credits Letitia and MBJ to making T'Challa interesting clearly shows how much people are used to characters who are, Essentially, one trick ponies. T'Challa was so many hats transitioned between them so well that people wouldn't pick up just how developed and crafted T'Challa was. He wasn't just Black captain America in terms of personality who was on the straight and narrow. Dude almost murdered klaue, in full view of the people in Korea with phone's out. Hardly straight arrow Cap.

These reviewers also gush over how "Right" Kilmonger was yet ignore the glaring issues what literally everything he says.

It also wasn't a Kilmonger story. It's just what you get when marvel actually develops their villains, they said they same about Loki and vulture, as well as Thanos. When they actually develop villains past "I'm bad for the sake of being evil" all of a sudden it becomes "their movie".

I will agree that we should of seen more of T'Challa in the 3rd act and he should not of been gone for 15-20 min.

That and due to the fact that no one seems to remember Nakia was saying the same thing Erik was saying, it should of been left to T'Challa being the one pushing it and not her

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wouldn't mind T'Challa having a child but incorporating a kid with an established character, let alone a character like T'Challa, is incredibly difficult to stick the landing on. Moreso because, especially with Storm, it's hard to give T'Challa a proper leading lady or queen without any baggage.
    This is why I don't want him to have a kid. Batman having a kid makes sense because he has SOOO many stories of him going through different things and so many great and memorable stories that when asked "where to go next' that's the logical direction. We can't even get a LI into T'Challas book or get consistent showings of his characteristics and gear and folks want to add a child into the mix? No thanks. Get me atleast 5-10 year's of consistent black panther stories that aren't complete ass thanks to marvel giving the book to people like Coates and his pals then we can talk about a child. After T'Challa has been established and is solid, and has a established LI

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    If T’Challa had a kid I think Princess Zanda would be interesting. She’s probably hated in Wakanda after the whole threatening to nuke the entire country into oblivion situation from the Kirby run and she’s an international criminal lol. If Narobia is still a war torn nation I could see some corrupt, expansionist factions within Wakanda’s government wanting to position the child as ruler. And a part of me feels T’Challa would have trouble relating to the kid if he was raised outside Wakanda. Trying to teach the kid Wakandan customs and the kid’s saying that those traditions suck lol. What would be really interesting is if the kid doesn’t even want to be king. Under Zanda he would’ve been raised on the run, constantly traveling, no real place to call home. There’d be no sense of connection to Wakanda and maybe he’s more interested in archaeology than ruling.

A child with Monica Lynne would be interesting if they had gotten married and had the kid in Wakanda. I imagine most Wakandans would reject the kid outright and he’d only find comfort within the palace walls. Monica’s family would probably be concerned and constantly complaining about the kid’s safety in Wakanda. If the kid is born with some kind of health issues that require tech/magic to address maybe the life T’Challa imagined with his son looks nothing like the one he had with his dad. Lots of potential there.

The main thing would be giving T’Challa a relationship with his child that shows both the positives and negatives of T’Challa’s own upbringing. Regardless of who the mother is there’d need to be this tension between T’Challa’s attempts to uphold tradition while giving his kid the space to be their own person. While also shielding them from the complications that come with being such a public figure and the trouble that can create. I’m not sure I want T’Challa to have a kid yet but there are a lot of interesting stories opened by going that route. I’m surprised more AUs don’t play with the idea.
    If Marvel wanted a kid, they would have done it with the IGEW story. Time shennanigans with the worm hole would have allowed them to age him up to "teenage" levels aka being actually useful for a comic. Any kid under fighting age is just useless. He needs to be old enough to realistically kick ass.

Damien is what... 10? But he was raised to kill by assassins lol. So he is a bit different there. But even then... i've met a lot of 10 years old and it is ridiculous what Damien does.

I've fan fic'd that Monica had T'challa's kid and hid it from him, grew him in the states, and then didn't reveal it until she had to (lets say dying of cancer or something) and an america raised Prince has to go to Wakanda at say... 15 and learn King **** while being woefully behind. Easy drama to manufacture, easy "american kid earns respect form his piers" type underdog story. But, then you have sliding timescale shennanigans as well along with... how would Monica actually hide a kid from tchalla of all people? Unles it just hurts T'challa too much to keep an eye on her.

Having an AU kid get stuck in the 616 would be the easiest fix to everything.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    If Marvel wanted a kid, they would have done it with the IGEW story. Time shennanigans with the worm hole would have allowed them to age him up to "teenage" levels aka being actually useful for a comic. Any kid under fighting age is just useless. He needs to be old enough to realistically kick ass.

Damien is what... 10? But he was raised to kill by assassins lol. So he is a bit different there. But even then... i've met a lot of 10 years old and it is ridiculous what Damien does.

I've fan fic'd that Monica had T'challa's kid and hid it from him, grew him in the states, and then didn't reveal it until she had to (lets say dying of cancer or something) and an america raised Prince has to go to Wakanda at say... 15 and learn King **** while being woefully behind. Easy drama to manufacture, easy "american kid earns respect form his piers" type underdog story. But, then you have sliding timescale shennanigans as well along with... how would Monica actually hide a kid from tchalla of all people? Unles it just hurts T'challa too much to keep an eye on her.

Yep. Just have the villain from the kids universe blow up his earth but the kid escapes to 616 in the nick of time. Lol.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Wow. That person totally changed my opinion on this subject.

If I post people raving about Coates Black Panther I guess that means you'll change yours huh?
    It's my opinion that the movie was good with my love of the character and knowledge of the character filling in the flaws that the movie clearly had.

It's your opinion that the movie was perfect and above critique.

It's a FACT however that far far too many people came away with the opinion that that reviewer posted about every character you can name stealing the show.

You can disagree with their opinion but it's still a fact that they came away with it from watching that movie and it's their honest opinion of it.

So if some casuals and professional movie reviewers alike came away with impression that the main character was somewhat boring compared to the rest of the cast and not even the hero of his own story ( a fact that Michael B Jordan is publicly confused about as well)... how can we say that the director did a good job with that particular character? Or do we just blame the audience for reacting to what they were shown in an honest manner. The Fallout over this depiction is playing a huge part the decision not to continue the character going forward by MCU fans and probably Feigie who shifted to the setting being the true hero. Ppl saying everyone from Nakia to w'kabi is capable of taking over the franchise while some just want them to make it official and bring back killmonger as the hero.
    Last edited by Ekie; 01-04-2022 at 07:47 AM.

They basically did this already with N'Jadakas daughter. I just don't think the franchise can handle trying to do a kid angle when we can barely get focus on T'Challa himself

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    This is why I don't want him to have a kid. Batman having a kid makes sense because he has SOOO many stories of him going through different things and so many great and memorable stories that when asked "where to go next' that's the logical direction. We can't even get a LI into T'Challas book or get consistent showings of his characteristics and gear and folks want to add a child into the mix? No thanks. Get me atleast 5-10 year's of consistent black panther stories that aren't complete ass thanks to marvel giving the book to people like Coates and his pals then we can talk about a child. After T'Challa has been established and is solid, and has a established LI
    I want him to have a kid *eventually not now* for the sole fact that at some point they will try to get rid of him for good and he needs a real Legacy character rather than Shuri who isn't even fully related. Gotta keep his bloodline going strong. Reed has a kid and is still allowed to operate

I want him to have a kid *eventually not now* for the sole fact that at some point they will try to get rid of him for good and he needs a real Legacy character rather than Shuri who isn't even fully related. Gotta keep his bloodline going strong. Reed has a kid and is still allowed to operate
    Or just not allow them to get rid of T'Challa. Right now the mythos is heavily entrenched in T'Challa and it's impossible for him to be permanently removed (as it should be) for reasons such as there being no legacy characters of Worth and the only one is Shuri who can't sell to save her life (which leads to the second reason). All the support cast are widly underdeveloped. For how long the franchise has been around there isn't much in development and the ones who had the most are dead (Wkabi, Zuri) and the rest are blank sheets.

Just keep pumping out T'Challa stories and naturally develop his cast instead of trying to reinvent the wheel and he will be fine

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    If T’Challa had a kid I think Princess Zanda would be interesting. She’s probably hated in Wakanda after the whole threatening to nuke the entire country into oblivion situation from the Kirby run and she’s an international criminal lol. If Narobia is still a war torn nation I could see some corrupt, expansionist factions within Wakanda’s government wanting to position the child as ruler. And a part of me feels T’Challa would have trouble relating to the kid if he was raised outside Wakanda. Trying to teach the kid Wakandan customs and the kid’s saying that those traditions suck lol. What would be really interesting is if the kid doesn’t even want to be king. Under Zanda he would’ve been raised on the run, constantly traveling, no real place to call home. There’d be no sense of connection to Wakanda and maybe he’s more interested in archaeology than ruling.

A child with Monica Lynne would be interesting if they had gotten married and had the kid in Wakanda. I imagine most Wakandans would reject the kid outright and he’d only find comfort within the palace walls. Monica’s family would probably be concerned and constantly complaining about the kid’s safety in Wakanda. If the kid is born with some kind of health issues that require tech/magic to address maybe the life T’Challa imagined with his son looks nothing like the one he had with his dad. Lots of potential there.

The main thing would be giving T’Challa a relationship with his child that shows both the positives and negatives of T’Challa’s own upbringing. Regardless of who the mother is there’d need to be this tension between T’Challa’s attempts to uphold tradition while giving his kid the space to be their own person. While also shielding them from the complications that come with being such a public figure and the trouble that can create. I’m not sure I want T’Challa to have a kid yet but there are a lot of interesting stories opened by going that route. I’m surprised more AUs don’t play with the idea.
    I wouldn't mind seeing something like this.

Incredible Member

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Morph View Post
    It's actually telling that even non-hardcore BP fans are puzzled at Marvel proceeding with BP2 without the main character.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Morph View Post
    “I’d make Godfather part 2”. I have a better idea, do the intelligent thing and set the movie during the blip if it’s too soon for you to recast and then recast T’Challa for Black Panther 3. Oh that’s right, it only took them minutes to make a billion dollar decision and not even bother to consult with the man’s family if Derrick Boseman coming forward is any indication.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

"[Killmonger] He’s such a good villain, in fact, that he effortlessly steals every scene he appears in, and highlights how fundamentally boring T’Challa actually is."

"But this film feels less like T’Challa’s story, and more like Killmonger’s."

"The story really picks up when he acquires the throne, and his final act, choosing a noble death rather than living in chains, is deeply poignant. Unfortunatly, T’Challa doesn’t come anywhere close to leaving such an impression".

https://www.forbes.com/sites/danidip...h=7200b57d36d8
    Kilmonger’s character was brash and bold, which appeals to many. He was also immature, irrational and destined to fail.

It’s very similar to how people like Scarface (Tony Montana) and conveniently leave out that he too was immature, irrational and destined to fail.

In the end, sometimes when people view art, what they get from it, speaks to their own growth and perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Gessela View Post
    Kilmonger’s character was brash and bold, which appeals to many. He was also immature, irrational and destined to fail.

It’s very similar to how people like Scarface (Tony Montana) and conveniently leave out that he too was immature, irrational and destined to fail.

In the end, sometimes when people view art, what they get from it, speaks to their own growth and perspective.
    Killmongers music SLAPPED too lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Killmongers music SLAPPED too lol
    lol, very true.