Page 118 of 955 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118119120121122128168218618 ... LastLast
Results 1,756 to 1,770 of 14314

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I don't get why multiple characters can't have the same thing. If anything T'Challa using claws distinguishes him from all the other martial artists of the Marvel universe, who either use handheld weapons (Hawkeye, Cap, Elektra) or don't use anything at all (Daredevil, Shang-Chi, etc.)

But I do wish we saw the energy daggers more. To me they should be used as T'Challa's equivalent to batarangs. Every now and then they can be used for other things (elongating into weapons, helping him deal with energy-based threats) but I'm fine with T'Challa's bread and butter being claws and martial arts.
    fist and claws= close quarters
    Force push = Close to medium range
    Daggers = Medium to long range

This should be the standard. Of course all of those can be used in the Orthodox and unorthodox ways but they should have roles to fill primarily as well as parameters in which they are used to prevent redundancy, overlap, or overuse ( See Coates Force push usage)

It's really not that hard, I honestly believe writers get lazy when writing action scenes and don't put thought into it

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

John Campea thinks its T'Challa in the DS trailer.

And is it possible that when Nate Moore said "We wont see the 616 T'Challa" again this is what he was talking?

Probably setting myself up though. He's not the only one thinks that

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
    Energy daggers should be his primary weapon. Claws will ALWAYS be wolverine's thing
    A cat themed hero with no claws?!?

Should the cape only be for superman and no other superhero?

Should the blank white eyes be only for The Phantom and no other superhero?

Should Batman have never been invented because Bob Kane borrowed too heavily from The Phantom and Zorro?

Must Batman be the only hero to use a grappling hook and no one hero?

Dude, think it through!!!

Anyways, BP MUST have claws plus energy daggers and kimoyo card (needs SERIOUS super advancement)...EDIT: + Vibranium soled boots... along with kinetic push should be his primary weapons but I want to see the warrior side of Tchalla were he CHOOSES to challenge himself choosing not to use weapons at his disposal until it's NEEDED.

EDIT:

A:EMH used BP energy daggers brilliantly.
    Last edited by Besouro; 02-15-2022 at 12:39 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    it's always amusing to me when a person who didn't make the thing tries to tell the person who did make the thing what the thing is.

and, "backpedaling?" me? are you new?
    Sir, if you supposedly did not want roamnce in the story then u would NOT have used a romance fairytale "frog prince" trope in your story with eye gazing and kissing in it.

U can't put too much sugar in your tea and claim that u wanted it to be very bitter claiming that it was not sweet at all.

EDIT:

Despite our disagreement on this.... Your recent GL #11 is hot fire SUPEEERB!!!. I am loving it.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    it's always amusing to me when a person who didn't make the thing tries to tell the person who did make the thing what the thing is.

and, "backpedaling?" me? are you new?
    I would say that ultimately, the episode didn't play it off as "Romance", it also didn't play it off like she saw him bad a little brother. To me, it played off just as that, playfulness. Yemandi wanted to Adventure and "play" before going back to Wakanda for good to rule. Thus, while Thor was entranced, she thought he was cute albeit annoying too.

So in my mind, she viewed it as, maybe in different life she would explore a relationship with him, but for this life, she took it for what it was, an encounter that she will look back on later in life and chuckle to herself about the time she saved and kissed a literal god, and how hard he was simping for her.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

I mean Ridley Scott says Deckard is a replicant in Blade Runner and people disagree with him, lol.

I do like the way Al Ewing had T'Challa use his claws and daggers on immortal hulk though. That was pretty cool how the daggers mixed with the claws and then he also formed the energy spear ad well

I don't get why multiple characters can't have the same thing. If anything T'Challa using claws distinguishes him from all the other martial artists of the Marvel universe, who either use handheld weapons (Hawkeye, Cap, Elektra) or don't use anything at all (Daredevil, Shang-Chi, etc.)

But I do wish we saw the energy daggers more. To me they should be used as T'Challa's equivalent to batarangs. Every now and then they can be used for other things (elongating into weapons, helping him deal with energy-based threats) but I'm fine with T'Challa's bread and butter being claws and martial arts.
    I'm cool with the claws if it's done like Immortal hulk 47.

But I'll admit I'm biased to how energy powers look in close quarters combat.

Edit -
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I do like the way Al Ewing had T'Challa use his claws and daggers on immortal hulk though. That was pretty cool how the daggers mixed with the claws and then he also formed the energy spear ad well
    You beat me to it.
    Last edited by Pulp Fiction; 02-15-2022 at 12:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    A cat themed hero with no claws?!?

Should the cape only be for superman and no other superhero?

Should the blank white eyes be only for The Phantom and no other superhero?

Should Batman have never been invented because Bob Kane borrowed too heavily from The Phantom and Zorro?

Must Batman be the only hero to use a grappling hook and no one hero?

Dude, think it through!!!

Anyways, BP MUST have claws plus energy daggers and kimoyo card (needs SERIOUS super advancement)...EDIT: + Vibranium soled boots... along with kinetic push should be his primary weapons but I want to see the warrior side of Tchalla were he CHOOSES to challenge himself choosing not to use weapons at his disposal until it's NEEDED.

EDIT:

A:EMH used BP energy daggers brilliantly.
    If he can incorporate the vibranium energy into the claws like in immortal hulk then I'm on #TeamClaws.

He can mold the energy into spears and daggers for mid and long range. Higher power ceiling and versatility than anti metal.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    fist and claws= close quarters
    Force push = Close to medium range
    Daggers = Medium to long range

This should be the standard. Of course all of those can be used in the Orthodox and unorthodox ways but they should have roles to fill primarily as well as parameters in which they are used to prevent redundancy, overlap, or overuse ( See Coates Force push usage)

It's really not that hard, I honestly believe writers get lazy when writing action scenes and don't put thought into it
    It's not hard and I don't think Ridley's handled the arrangement poorly yet. We haven't seen the daggers and stuff yet because they aren't needed. Instead we've gotten well choreographed fights in the first and second issue and his strategic mind in issue 3 by implanting a spy in Krakoa.

Not every threat is gonna require a dagger or kinetic punch and that's ok. T'Challa is a martial artist supergenius who likes to keep things stealthy and small scale, 3 issues without a dagger isn't cause for alarm imo. Now if he goes up against a bigger threat and he's still JUST using the claws then that'd be a valid criticism.

And I agree that Ewing's recent use of the energy daggers/spears with the claws was cool. That's the kind of stuff he should be busting out against the likes of Hulk or Moses Magnum.

Astonishing Member

If he can incorporate the vibranium energy into the claws like in immortal hulk then I'm on #TeamClaws.

He can mold the energy into spears and daggers for mid and long range. Higher power ceiling and versatility than anti metal.
    I feel like the only reason he used the energy with the claws against Hulk is because he needed to increase the size of his attacks. But that's just because the Hulk is so massive T'Challa couldn't hope to do much damage with just his claws, they're way too short to do any serious damage.

But why would T'Challa need to use that against Cap? He doesn't need energy daggers to take down someone like Steve, and if that's the case he definitely doesn't need it against a bunch of (presumably) slightly enhanced humans like the current villain.

I think the claws are a nice compromise between T'Challa having a relatively unique weapon and not busting out his most powerful tech out against enemies who don't require it. But I agree overall that Ewing handled that scene really well.

Also does anyone know if the whole energy spear thing was an EMH thing first? I don't remember Priest ever using the energy daggers in that way, they never extended out into other types of weapons.

I feel like the only reason he used the energy with the claws against Hulk is because he needed to increase the size of his attacks. But that's just because the Hulk is so massive T'Challa couldn't hope to do much damage with just his claws, they're way too short to do any serious damage.

But why would T'Challa need to use that against Cap? He doesn't need energy daggers to take down someone like Steve, and if that's the case he definitely doesn't need it against a bunch of (presumably) slightly enhanced humans like the current villain.

I think the claws are a nice compromise between T'Challa having a relatively unique weapon and not busting out his most powerful tech out against enemies who don't require it. But I agree overall that Ewing handled that scene really well.

Also does anyone know if the whole energy spear thing was an EMH thing first? I don't remember Priest ever using the energy daggers in that way, they never extended out into other types of weapons.
    I hear what your saying but Ridley's got t'challa out here struggling with these ninjas. Tosin and the "other" wakanda use vibranium energy. If t'challa wants to stick to anti metal for whatever reason, then the struggling against street level goons needs to stop.

Well yeah I agree. And I hope that’s the reason he hasn’t broken those weapons out yet. I also like the energy claws, it was a creative application of the daggers.

Also the energy spear from my understanding was his “spear of Bashenga” that he broke out numerous times during Coates run. It may have been an energy spear though, seeing as how TChalla has even whipped out an energy sword.

I hear what your saying but Ridley's got t'challa out here struggling with these ninjas. Tosin and the "other" wakanda use vibranium energy. If t'challa wants to stick to anti metal for whatever reason, then the struggling against street level goons needs to stop.
    Damn straight. I mean he’s supposed to be the star of this thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    I mean Ridley Scott says Deckard is a replicant in Blade Runner and people disagree with him, lol.
    What makes it funnier is that this aligns with the narrative from the source material in the book Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep. Deckard character was an Android.