Page 300 of 955 FirstFirst ... 200250290296297298299300301302303304310350400800 ... LastLast
Results 4,486 to 4,500 of 14314

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    EMH was the best version of T'challa on the Avengers imho.

Loyal to the team, willing to sacrifice himself... but not afraid at all to just F off and do what he wants if he thinks its best... without telling anyone lol
    I miss EMH. I really wish they’d revive that show.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Here's the problem with what they are banking on. Black girl magic will help some. However, you going to see a very real void left as Martin Freeman said. Yea it can be this eulogy for Chad and T'Challa but stuff like that doesn't have rewatching power.

You don't go to see 12 years a slave, or boyz n the hood multiple times because depressing isht like that isn't enjoyable to watch constantly. That and IF Chad's family comes out and speaks against how they don't feel this is honoring Chad and is instead reopening a wound, that will hit hard. I think the movie will be successful for a couple weeks then fall off as movies rarely are successful when they remove their leads, especially when they are not set up as ensembles.

Black girl magic doesn't stack up against BLACK EXCELLENCE. The difference between the two is Black excellence isn't specific to a gender. BOTH shine. And that's where WF will fall short, because they are basically telling Black men and boys to go away and banking on Black girls to show up like they did for the first.
    I think an underrated issue is that the MCU is already becoming more female centric/dominant. So it loses a bit of uniqueness as well. We've seen strong female leads emerge in TV and film.

Removing the black male aspect (Not just Chad/TChalla, Kaluuya seems to be cannon fodder and MBJ is in just one scene if rumors are true) loses the black excellence to help make it stand out more.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    I think an underrated issue is that the MCU is already becoming more female centric/dominant. So it loses a bit of uniqueness as well. We've seen strong female leads emerge in TV and film.
    I’m not sure why they are overreaching with the female dominant casts. Has there been a lot of evidence that this works? I’ve seen it do pretty good, but I’ve also seen it flop. Are women going to see comic movies like men? I’m just sticking to what I said that characters should stay true to who they are. If it’s a female character then great. But don’t try to force feed me something.

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
    I don’t care if he’s the leader anymore. If he’s written as the "the most dangerous man alive" he doesn’t need to be.

Igew is a big feat. It’s like the cosmic version of Microsoft buying activision blizzard. It just needs work.
    Nah man it's tainted. No matter how cool it ever became no matter what feats he got out of it. Writers would ALWAYS go back to how it was built on slavery for 2000 years and throw it back in T'Challas fave as his fault. Better to raze it to the ground and start fresh from where Hickman started. He doesn't needs 5 galaxies. It's not like it's ever going to be used to full capacity anyways at that size and would only serve to get mega jobbed to show how dangerous the new villain was.

EMH was the best version of T'challa on the Avengers imho.

Loyal to the team, willing to sacrifice himself... but not afraid at all to just F off and do what he wants if he thinks its best... without telling anyone lol
    I'm torn between EMH version and AA when Redjack wrote him/ Pantherjack. Him soloing leader and his cabal, taking on Ares, and all of PQ... I dunno

I wasn’t aware Ridley was writing the reintroduction of TChalla to the Avengers because I hadn’t read the article until now. I’d much rather Aaron was writing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    I wasn’t aware Ridley was writing the reintroduction of TChalla to the Avengers because I hadn’t read the article until now. I’d much rather Aaron was writing it.
    It is kinda odd.

Like is Ridley stealth writing a second Avengers book?

Is this tieing into Aaron?

Mildly odd
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

It is kinda odd.

Like is Ridley stealth writing a second Avengers book?

Is this tieing into Aaron?

Mildly odd

I’m almost tired of taking shots at Ridley, but I’d rather not see him write anything Avengers related. The artist slated to take over German Peralta does some nice work though. We’ll see if he can deliver on TChalla’s look. I don’t think I’ve seen a lot of his work before.

Rob on reddit black panther brought up the point that the pink elephant on the cover SCREAMS Klaw.

It could just be Ross doing Ross things and drawing what he wants or it could be relevant.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    After another Disney subsidiary, LucasFilms, said about not recasting actors of original characters anymore I think the petition is pointless now, don't you think?
    The point of a petition like this isn't to Spur immediate action. It's to spark a conversation. And the more signatures it has the less that conversation can be ignored.

The Amber Heard petition has about 4 million signatures. They've responded to that by cutting down her screen time to 10 minutes in the next movie

Read the summary to the new arc. So is this the 3rd or 4th volume to Ridely story? And what happen to the hyped up Tosin character?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Lol, everyone knows the real reason why Solo performed poorly was due to it not being marketed that well, not because of recasting. People thought that the guy that played young Han along with Donald Glover as young Lando were great in their roles and let’s not forget that Ewan McGregors Obi Wan is a recast as well. This is more of a case of a studio throwing people under the bus in order to cover their ass. Plus a lot of Star Wars fans are becoming ok with the idea of recasting characters due to growing tired of deep faking actors faces to make them look younger. You know how many people I’ve seen say that Sebastian Stan should play young Luke?
    The guy who played Young Han was about as blatantly miscast as Glover's Young Lando casting was on point. I saw media flak about that up to the point of the movie's release. Just as I saw comments about Lando's revolutionary droid partner/possible lover being the most interesting thing in the movie.

There's no way they didn't hear that criticism.

So either they (somehow) didn't have audience feedback, didn't listen to the audience feedback because it didn't tell them what they wanted to hear, or just said "screw it" since the movie was 90 percent done. Most likely the latter with a bit of #2 thrown in.

They just made a bad movie and they want to blame it on something, anything else other than that.

Also, it sounds like it just occurred to the Star Wars office that when Mark Hamill passes, no matter what the community says NOW, there are going to be a whole generation of fans who are going to throw a fit about the recasting no matter who they get or how well it's done. So they are officially throwing up thier hands now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    The point of a petition like this isn't to Spur immediate action. It's to spark a conversation. And the more signatures it has the less that conversation can be ignored.

The Amber Heard petition has about 4 million signatures. They've responded to that by cutting down her screen time to 10 minutes in the next movie
    Lol. Damn. But the thing is it’s had an affect on both of their careers. Both Johnny and Amber. Disney said they’re replacing Depp for Pirates of the Caribbean from here on out.

Quote Originally Posted by TrooperCameron View Post
    https://www.gamesradar.com/black-pan...ave-the-world/

T'Challa back on the Avengers fellas. Wonder whats gonna have to Nighthawk.

Some good news! But LOL did they really just call Black Panther and storm and "entanglement"

My only concern about this is that they are removing him from wakanda just in time for the movie to come out and then Ridley might focus on Side characters and his brand new original creation while t'challa is mostly limited to The Avengers book
    Last edited by Ekie; 05-19-2022 at 10:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    They've responded to that by cutting down her screen time to 10 minutes in the next movie

Black Manta licking his chops and sharpening his blades as we speak lol