Page 4 of 955 FirstFirst 123456781454104504 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Hickman reveals that an initial plan for Storm in "Giant-Size X-Men" was gonna be that she's pregnant with T'Challa's baby and said baby was gonna be raised in The World. An heir of 2 Kingdoms who would unify them. Start around the 1h38 mark to listen:

https://www.xplainthexmen.com/2022/0...ze-special-10/

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    What book has T'Challa guest-appeared the most?

Would you say FF?
    It seems like FF is the most guest appearances he has had.

Another question. What stories do y'all want Ridley to explore? Assuming he sticks the landing on this story and tells a compelling T'Challa centric story?

Coates has kinda ruined all the stories I wanted him to tell, so maybe a story might be something involving bringing back W'kabi, Zuri, and S'Yan?

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Hickman reveals that an initial plan for Storm in "Giant-Size X-Men" was gonna be that she's pregnant with T'Challa's baby and said baby was gonna be raised in The World. An heir of 2 Kingdoms who would unify them. Start around the 1h38 mark to listen:

Thank Bast that Marvel cancelled that isht. Seriously anything BP related on an x book is just more ishtting on T'Challa. Good thing marvel pulled that off the table. Unfortunately they still let Coates and his cabal run roughshod over the mythos but atleast we didn't get Storm tied EVER HEAVIER onto the mythos

Whew! We dodged that one!

The last thing we need is T'Challa with baby mama drama. Child support, visitation, custody...it would have gotten ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    It seems like FF is the most guest appearances he has had.

Another question. What stories do y'all want Ridley to explore? Assuming he sticks the landing on this story and tells a compelling T'Challa centric story?

Coates has kinda ruined all the stories I wanted him to tell, so maybe a story might be something involving bringing back W'kabi, Zuri, and S'Yan?
    Keep T'Challa on the international scene with the political intrigue. Now that Wakanda has become a democracy, how does that affect his status around the world?

If the villain for the current arc is someone knew, then I want to see the T'Challa's rogues revamped/updated. Kiber, Venomm, Madam Slay, Six Mil Year Old Man etc.

Keep T'Challa on the international scene with the political intrigue. Now that Wakanda has become a democracy, how does that affect his status around the world?

If the villain for the current arc is someone knew, then I want to see the T'Challa's rogues revamped/updated. Kiber, Venomm, Madam Slay, Six Mil Year Old Man etc.
    I don't mind the international scale, but to be completely honest. Democratic Wakanda is so frakking boring and generic. What makes Wakanda Cool is that it has had a monarch since it's inception with a leader who defends their nation while sporting a cat suit and is blessed by a god. So I guess I would actually have Ridley spend as a secondary plot throughout his run, the issues Wakanda faces as a democracy and the issues with it. Coates asked the question why Wakanda was a Monarch even though being centuries ahead of the world, then didn't bother to answer and Instead pretended that a Western democracy was the greatest thing ever whole shitting in the Monarch. Ridley should do the reverse, ultimately ending with a Monarch again since ya know, Wakanda was successful for 10k+ years without issue with a monarch

I don't mind the international scale, but to be completely honest. Democratic Wakanda is so frakking boring and generic. What makes Wakanda Cool is that it has had a monarch since it's inception with a leader who defends their nation while sporting a cat suit and is blessed by a god. So I guess I would actually have Ridley spend as a secondary plot throughout his run, the issues Wakanda faces as a democracy and the issues with it. Coates asked the question why Wakanda was a Monarch even though being centuries ahead of the world, then didn't bother to answer and Instead pretended that a Western democracy was the greatest thing ever whole shitting in the Monarch. Ridley should do the reverse, ultimately ending with a Monarch again since ya know, Wakanda was successful for 10k+ years without issue with a monarch
    I think this is probably editorial at this point. They didn't change it back to the monarchy at the end of Coates run so it has to be higher up.

What's funny is that they want Wakanda to be a democracy and no longer a monarchy but they don't have a problem with the Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda.

He said we were going to get Azari. That would have been sooo awesome! Hate marvel's editors man. The fact that Hickman said that is the FIRST time they told him no is BS! But they are probably about to make Storm BP if that's the case would kind of explain why they can't have a kid.

Astonishing Member

That whole exchange is so damn weird. Y’all were halfway through the damn book before you decided to run this by the BP office/the rest of editorial? A child is a product of two characters, instituting such a major status quo shift to a headlining Avenger and essentially pushing him to be a legacy is something that requires that character’s writer to approve.

Maybe this was a matter of Coates approving early on then Ridley letting Marvel know his plans for his run then the thing getting scrapped. But I can’t imagine that the heir to Wakanda would get revealed in anything other than a BP book. The fact that was even considered is disrespectful.

The X-Office’s writers have been trying to have the mutants colonize Wakanda via Storm ever since this era began and I’m happy to hear someone at editorial had enough sense to say “That makes no sense for T’Challa, take that **** somewhere else”. We dodged probably the worst story beat that could’ve occurred to T’Challa lol.
    Last edited by chief12d; 01-03-2022 at 09:58 AM.

I think this is probably editorial at this point. They didn't change it back to the monarchy at the end of Coates run so it has to be higher up.

What's funny is that they want Wakanda to be a democracy and no longer a monarchy but they don't have a problem with the Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda.
    Was it really editorial? I mean sure there were obvious things, the return of Okoye and Nakia, the new look of the DM, the Wakanda forever salute appearing, M'Baku as an Ally. Erik looking strikingly similar to MCU version, Shuris sudden development to polymath genius. But the Monarch thing seemed entirely Coates. He spent an entire season on it so I doubt that was editorial and just the story he wanted to tell and marvel said frak it. Just like the entirety of his run. There are things that seem editor driven and I don't feel that was one of them honestly. Hence why I feel Ridley is going to pick apart at it. He had to address it because that's where the last series left thing's, bit I hope he is going to reverse it
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 01-03-2022 at 09:57 AM.

And just FYI if timeless is any indication of the future of the Marvel Universe it looks like to coincide with T'challa dying in the movie Marvel is about to kill him in the comics, which is disgusting.

Was it really editorial? I mean sure there were obvious things, the return of Okoye and Nakia, the new look of the DM, the Wakanda forever salute appearing, M'Baku as an Ally. Erik looking strikingly similar to MCU version, Shuris sudden development to polymath genius. But the Monarch thing seemed entirely Coates. He spent an entire season on it so I doubt that was editorial and just the story he wanted to tell and marvel said frak it. Just like the entirety of his run. There are things that seem editor driven and I don't feel that was one of them honestly
    I don't think editorial told him to work with that premise, that was totally Coates. But they got on board and they didn't tell him to set things back in place when he got finished. Ridley's run is beginning with democratic Wakanda.

So while it wasn't editorial's idea, they don't seem in a hurry to put things back like they were. Maybe at the end of Ridley's run, we could see it happening. But then again, if they kill of T'Challa in the comics, it won't matter what kind of gov't they have.

Quote Originally Posted by mbeezy561 View Post
    And just FYI if timeless is any indication of the future of the Marvel Universe it looks like to coincide with T'challa dying in the movie Marvel is about to kill him in the comics, which is disgusting.
    I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by mbeezy561 View Post
    Yeah, it really makes no sense for them to kill him in the MU. It's two different universes, they haven't been exactly the same and they don't need to be.

We've already seen Shuri become Black Panther and ruler of Wakanda while T'Challa was alive so what is the point of killing him. For movie synergy? Frakking stupid.