Page 426 of 955 FirstFirst ... 326376416422423424425426427428429430436476526926 ... LastLast
Results 6,376 to 6,390 of 14314

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    So he is going to explain to Mickey Mouse why his business sense said do not recast.

Folks are NOT liking what they see with Namor. Are they trying for their version of Justice League trainwreck? Is it too late to get Ray Fisher in a cameo?
    I have a feeling that WF is going to follow the same trend the phase 4 movies have been facing of being divisive amongst critics and the general audience. Surprised to see people disliking the way Namor looks. It seems like not only are they alienating some T'Challa fans but they're also alienating some Namor fans.

Tough spot to be in if you ask me.

I have never posted in a Black Panther thread before this. I have always been a fan of the character in the comics and on film. Always watched these threads as just a viewer.

I will say I am seeing all the twitter stuff. Recast, dont recast. The part that is worry some is that the movie has already been made. It is going to make some people happy and it is going to piss some off. I am down the middle about how I feel about recasting. I mean Chadwick was perfect. How do you top that? You cant in my opinion. Black Panther/T'Challa is a HUGE character though. Do we really want to see the mantle passed on so quickly? I am not sure that is why I am typing here for the first time.

I really love Black Panther and I know so many of you do as well. I hope the movie give "most of us" a great bit of relief for what the plan is now and the plan going forward with the character.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    I have never posted in a Black Panther thread before this. I have always been a fan of the character in the comics and on film. Always watched these threads as just a viewer.

I will say I am seeing all the twitter stuff. Recast, dont recast. The part that is worry some is that the movie has already been made. It is going to make some people happy and it is going to piss some off. I am down the middle about how I feel about recasting. I mean Chadwick was perfect. How do you top that? You cant in my opinion. Black Panther/T'Challa is a HUGE character though. Do we really want to see the mantle passed on so quickly? I am not sure that is why I am typing here for the first time.

I really love Black Panther and I know so many of you do as well. I hope the movie give "most of us" a great bit of relief for what the plan is now and the plan going forward with the character.
    I can't speak for anyone else here. Only myself. When Chadwick passed, it was devastating, the thought of recasting back then was highly disrespectful...but that was two years ago. Time heals and all that. The arguments against recasting were born of shock, reverence for Chadwick, and legitimate grief. If it were up to me, I would have waited a year, then recast. There are not a lot of black heroes in the MCU, even fewer with actual, legit, full blown superpowers, T'challa was one of them. Little black boys deserve to see themselves in T'challa, not cling to a ghost.

M'baku can't be BP because he would have to change religion and he wouldn't do that. MCU Shuri is not interested in being a queen or a superhero, Chadwick's own brother wants the role recast.

T'challa deserves to be on the big screen. Black Panther is not the highlander.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    M’Baku being the Black Panther wouldn’t work because he worships an entirely different god. So if he were to become BP he’d have to forsake the god he already worships. This is the equivalent of someone in the military who’s Muslim and his friend is Christain, his friend dies in the line of duty and so the former decides in order to honor his friend he'll convert to Christianity.
    Huh I never realized that. That is a good point.

So either Nakia or Okoye is left I guess.

Ultimate Member

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/blac...racy-in-peril/

Preview is up......

Black male bashing preview is up that is.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

So when do the Wakandans elect a populist leader who will either make the country isolationist again, cancelling all international outreach programs or a war hawk bent on spreading Wakandan imperialism in the world, starting with conquering their neighbors?

Cause I feel like logically thats the first kind of person they would elect.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    …or a war hawk bent on spreading Wakandan imperialism in the world, starting with conquering their neighbors?
    The next time someone wants to use Killmonger?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    The next time someone wants to use Killmonger?
    Again? So, next arc. Ssdd
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

Incredible Member

I know this has been said before but Disney version of a recast is tchalla having a son and giving him the tchalla comic book version. There will be no BP in BP 2 Maybe bast age his son a little bit,

but I truly believe that’s what about to happen. With nakia being the mom she can train her son, shuri will make him a super genius dora protects him until he’s ready. Also Namor kill his father and that’s Tchalla jr goal like what they did with claw ( comic version) I believe they will time just he will be 10 in BP 2. For the casuals they will be 100% satisfied and there will be no need for a recast that’s basically nice way to recast.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    I hate saying it, but I think its more that Coogler is one of those loyal to a fault guys. He passed up using his Creed cinematographer, whose excellent work got him the BP job because his Fruitivale Cinematographer missed out on the Creed job due to pregnancy, couldnt do BP unless he got some of his guys/girls (which did work out), the MBJ thing, and now probably just felt he couldnt do it without Boseman. Life he'd let his homeboy down by letting someone else take his place.

There are people who mindset can be very rigid. Especially if they've had previous success with that.

Throw in Non Controversial Nate errr Nate Moore. He probably wanted no smoke from recasting T'Challa when social media was loudest about not recasting.

Feige is a businessman. Whatever brings in the money he's good with. Things will only change on his end if they dont see the numbers they like. Coogler needs to get past his grief and Nate needs to wake the hell up.
    Nah that's BS. They had a built in excuse. They could of waited, just announced that BP two is on hold due to the passing of Chadwick to give the family and Crew time to grieve. FF delayed 9 months when Paul died and most of his scenes were done. AND they didnt kill him off despite being a OC. Yet T'Challa, who's a fictional character who's existed for 55+ years, and before Chad was even born, must die alongside Chad because that will somehow be a great Honor? Nah, there's.ore going on and I don't buy this for one bit.

Quote Originally Posted by BPStorm2 View Post
    I know this has been said before but Disney version of a recast is tchalla having a son and giving him the tchalla comic book version. There will be no BP in BP 2 Maybe bast age his son a little bit,

but I truly believe that’s what about to happen. With nakia being the mom she can train her son, shuri will make him a super genius dora protects him until he’s ready. Also Namor kill his father and that’s Tchalla jr goal like what they did with claw ( comic version) I believe they will time just he will be 10 in BP 2. For the casuals they will be 100% satisfied and there will be no need for a recast that’s basically nice way to recast.
    Terrible. Just do a variant.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

...Naw. The "casuals" will see right through Marvel's apparent hatred of, specifically, black men and either call them out on it or just vote with their wallet and not see it if they do your scenario.

Yep this is what I see happening. Reminds me of how they gave Superman’s son Jon a lot of stuff that used to be Clark’s like a career as “Superboy”, being a member of the Legion of Superheroes, etc. They’ll probably do the same with T’Challa’s kid, like pairing him with Storm for example (although that’s one thing I don’t mind off loading on someone else).
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

If this son bs is true then I’m gonna be forever giving Coogler the side eye. And the biggest reason I’m opposed to it is because it’s going to significantly age the other characters by the time the kid is old enough to don the mantle. So Shuri? Middle aged (probably somewhere in her 30’s). Okoye? Old. Doctor Strange? Old. Shang-Chi? Old. Sam Wilson? Old. Reed Richards? Middle aged or old. And we’ll never see the bromance between him and T’Challa because my god, why would a grown ass man be friends with someone who’s young enough to be his own son. Just do a variant if we’re not gonna get an outright recast.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

MCU as a whole will be rebooted by the time he's old enough to do anything. Which is probably the point. It matters that he'll exist not that he'll ever get a chance to do anything. So Marvel can pat themselves on the back and say they "honored" Chadwick Boseman.