Page 428 of 955 FirstFirst ... 328378418424425426427428429430431432438478528928 ... LastLast
Results 6,406 to 6,420 of 14314

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I’m not sure how much this was motivated by Twitter versus the cast’s own discomfort at replacing their friend. For fans T’Challa is just an iconic role that we wanna see done justice, but for Coogler and the rest of the crew Boseman was a close co-worker and leader that’s probably difficult to make a movie without.

Based off interviews, it seems the decision to not recast was made almost as soon as they heard Boseman passed, before they looked at the anti-recasting comments online. I’m sure online discussion a couple months after Boseman’s death helped validate that decision but I have a hard time believing it was the main factor.
    And that is COMPLETELY on Disney. There's a reason they say wait atleast 6 months if possible before making major decisions. The fact they were talking to him immediately after the news is no surprise they said no Recast. They should of told him to take Their time. Production on hold due to Chad's passing and Covid, and take some time to reflect, heal, talk to his family etc. And they will revisit in 6-9 months or so. Again FF franchise did that for Paul Walker when he passed and most of his scenes were already done and the filming was nearly complete. And Brian was an OC and they didn't kill him. So why is it that T'Challa must die? Why is this the default reaction for Black characters? That's what's so frustrating

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    And that is COMPLETELY on Disney. There's a reason they say wait atleast 6 months if possible before making major decisions. The fact they were talking to him immediately after the news is no surprise they said no Recast. They should of told him to take Their time. Production on hold due to Chad's passing and Covid, and take some time to reflect, heal, talk to his family etc. And they will revisit in 6-9 months or so. Again FF franchise did that for Paul Walker when he passed and most of his scenes were already done and the filming was nearly complete. And Brian was an OC and they didn't kill him. So why is it that T'Challa must die? Why is this the default reaction for Black characters? That's what's so frustrating
    I mean, there's a probably a good reason why they ultimately decided to not recast him despite all the production delays but we'll probably never know the full story unless somebody asks Feige on the press tour for Wakanda Forever. I obviously can't speak for you or anyone else here, but you have to keep in mind that WANTING BP to be recasted in a recent mindset.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

These dudes are mad annoying. Just completely dismiss the nuance of this debate.

TASK the Ol’ Nerdy Bastard
    @UpToTASK
    Folks getting mad at Marvel not recasting T’Challa in a film dedicated to him is crazy. It’s giving “SnyderCult”.

@UpToTASK
    Replying to
    @EscaflowneClown
    No there’s something wrong with dumping on another black man’s art simply because he COULDN’T do what y’all wanted him to do. I’m celebrating black excellence and the life of Chadwick. Y’all can stay mad. I’m old school I ain’t from that. Enjoy yourself but leave others out of it
    https://twitter.com/UpToTASK/status/1543681178892259328

MT
    @MasterTainment
    ·
    34m
    It's the "Replace Ryan Coogler's Dead Friend After the Movie Dedicated to Celebrating His Influence Had Already Been Made Because What I Want Means More Than A Special Artistic Expression of Deep Personal Grief" opinion for me.

**** is wildly ridiculous.

And has gotten toxic.

MT
    @MasterTainment
    Especially knowing that there is an EXTREMELY likely chance that a variant will be introduced to continue the character's story.

Marvel is trying to honor Chadwick by acknowledging his passing in the MCU and not erasing his face from canon.

Variants allow EVERYONE to be happy.
    https://twitter.com/MasterTainment/s...12884790878213

Just nothing but tap dancers for Marvel. Yawn.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Thinking further on the populist leader bit, yeah they should really bring back a real villain, like Killmonger or even Achebe. Achebe could easily get himself elected as prime minister really.

Its how Tosin's elder via his own disconnection from the events has the gall to judge T'Challa and Killmonger as "misguided". Well alright if he's misguided then how about Killmonger and his army marches into your village and raze it to the ground?

With how everyone laser-focuses on T'Challa because of the whole "no one man" slogan, it be good for them to be reminded that real monsters exist and they aren't ones that can be pacified with pretty words and platitudes.

Hell when the Hell is Hunter joining this? I mean say what you will about Hunter but at least that guy is loyal to the throne, he would never have let this mess get as bad as it did unless he's deliberately allowing it just to troll his brother. Definitely would manage the HZ better than Akili at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Thinking further on the populist leader bit, yeah they should really bring back a real villain, like Killmonger or even Achebe. Achebe could easily get himself elected as prime minister really.

Its how Tosin's elder via his own disconnection from the events has the gall to judge T'Challa and Killmonger as "misguided". Well alright if he's misguided then how about Killmonger and his army marches into your village and raze it to the ground?

With how everyone laser-focuses on T'Challa because of the whole "no one man" slogan, it be good for them to be reminded that real monsters exist and they aren't ones that can be pacified with pretty words and platitudes.

Hell when the Hell is Hunter joining this? I mean say what you will about Hunter but at least that guy is loyal to the throne, he would never have let this mess get as bad as it did unless he's deliberately allowing it just to troll his brother. Definitely would manage the HZ better than Akili at least.
    Oh ****, now that you mention this kind of story would be a great way for Achebe to return. But that would require a competent writer. Which we sadly lack at the moment.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post

That would of been a genius way to get him in. Om really sick of this whole double standard nonsense. Folasade issued executive power and tried to execute T'Challa, and then turns around and plays victim to the people and then Ridley seems to be writing her as a good person? T'Challa never issued such method's unless Wakanda was being invaded. This is just a dumb story.

Achebe with Hunter on the mix written by Redjack would of been so much cooler

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I haven't been to a Black Panther thread since Coates' first volume. For my thoughts on this BP2 situation, everyone was up in their feelings when Chadwick Boseman passed and somehow Marvel/Disney thought it was a good idea to take advice from TWITTER of all places and now they're in this situation.
    Because we have seen too much pandering to Twitter.

We didn't see the New Warriors book. Folks wanted that gone before the first preview yet some of those SAME folks are lecturing T'Challa fans to wait and see.

They didn't do that New Warriors.
    They are NOT doing that for Tim Drake's new book.
    They were tossing death threats at Redjack before his Green Lantern run.
    They were READY to boycott Black Panther over whose ever MBJ dates that is not black.
    They were READY to BURY Duke Thomas before a single issue of Batman came out.
    Do we EVEN need to talk Marvel 2013. That started a hate movement.

These same SHRILLS lecturing Recast supporters-I would WONDER would they be doing that if it was Tony Stark being retired after a death for RIRI?
    Or better yet Storm is retired because Halle or Alexis Shipp passed.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I’m not sure how much this was motivated by Twitter versus the cast’s own discomfort at replacing their friend. For fans T’Challa is just an iconic role that we wanna see done justice, but for Coogler and the rest of the crew Boseman was a close co-worker and leader that’s probably difficult to make a movie without.

Based off interviews, it seems the decision to not recast was made almost as soon as they heard Boseman passed, before they looked at the anti-recasting comments online. I’m sure online discussion a couple months after Boseman’s death helped validate that decision but I have a hard time believing it was the main factor.
    This is NOT the first time Disney retired a character due to a death.

For those who follow the Muppets.....

Scooter was retired following the death of Richard Hunt in 1992.

He was unseen for 7 years. It was not until 2002-he was seen and 2008 when he finally started talking again.

Janice also performed by Richard Hunt was retired. 9 years she was silent until Brian Henson did her and Scooter in Muppets Christmas movie.

That would of been a genius way to get him in. Om really sick of this whole double standard nonsense. Folasade issued executive power and tried to execute T'Challa, and then turns around and plays victim to the people and then Ridley seems to be writing her as a good person? T'Challa never issued such method's unless Wakanda was being invaded. This is just a dumb story.

Achebe with Hunter on the mix written by Redjack would of been so much cooler
    Black Panthers rogues gallery has all the potential in the world to be as iconic as Spider-Man or Batman’s. There’s so many older villains that can be revamped.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Black Panthers rogues gallery has all the potential in the world to be as iconic as Spider-Man or Batman’s. There’s so many older villains that can be revamped.
    Yep but no one want to use them they want their new shiny thinly designed villains who are so ishtty that T'Challa has to be weakened inorder for them to seem credible. So we end up with weak villains, dumbed down T'Challa, a dumb contrived plot, and a overall mediocre to utter dog isht story, because these writers can't tell high stakes stories

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Yep but no one want to use them they want their new shiny thinly designed villains who are so ishtty that T'Challa has to be weakened inorder for them to seem credible. So we end up with weak villains, dumbed down T'Challa, a dumb contrived plot, and a overall mediocre to utter dog isht story, because these writers can't tell high stakes stories
    Now that I think about it, we don't really have normal villains now. Everyone antagonist is just kind of a I guess noble sympathetic anti-villain who are just fighting for what they believe is right.

At least with guys like Killmonger and Hunter, you understand their motivations but they aren't right or sympathetic you simply see a logic in their actions that makes them sense. And Achebe is straight up a Joker-level psychopath who just wants to cause chaos and take the piss to T'Challa.

Meanwhile who is the villain here in Ridley's story, Folsade, Akili? Its just kind of milquetoast all around.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    These dudes are mad annoying. Just completely dismiss the nuance of this debate.

@UpToTASK
    Folks getting mad at Marvel not recasting T’Challa in a film dedicated to him is crazy. It’s giving “SnyderCult”.

@UpToTASK
    Replying to
    @EscaflowneClown
    No there’s something wrong with dumping on another black man’s art simply because he COULDN’T do what y’all wanted him to do. I’m celebrating black excellence and the life of Chadwick. Y’all can stay mad. I’m old school I ain’t from that. Enjoy yourself but leave others out of it
    https://twitter.com/UpToTASK/status/1543681178892259328

MT
    @MasterTainment
    ·
    34m
    It's the "Replace Ryan Coogler's Dead Friend After the Movie Dedicated to Celebrating His Influence Had Already Been Made Because What I Want Means More Than A Special Artistic Expression of Deep Personal Grief" opinion for me.

**** is wildly ridiculous.

And has gotten toxic.

MT
    @MasterTainment
    Especially knowing that there is an EXTREMELY likely chance that a variant will be introduced to continue the character's story.

Marvel is trying to honor Chadwick by acknowledging his passing in the MCU and not erasing his face from canon.

Variants allow EVERYONE to be happy.
    https://twitter.com/MasterTainment/s...12884790878213
    And that my friend is why you should stay off Twitter.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Yalls mental health would improve without Twitter lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    I mean, there's a probably a good reason why they ultimately decided to not recast him despite all the production delays but we'll probably never know the full story unless somebody asks Feige on the press tour for Wakanda Forever. I obviously can't speak for you or anyone else here, but you have to keep in mind that WANTING BP to be recasted in a recent mindset.
    The good reason...??? Like they would ever say it out loud. They had a billion plus reasons to recast. Looking through Marvel its easy to see that they want to focus on pushing women heroes, and that's fine. Killing off a legacy character that barely had his time in the sun just to do it? Nope! Thor and to an extent Iron Man had several movies before considering others in their roles. Most black people will tell you the optics of having the only prominent black male hero getting shafted are looking sus!