Page 431 of 955 FirstFirst ... 331381421427428429430431432433434435441481531931 ... LastLast
Results 6,451 to 6,465 of 14314

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    I'm reminded how Iron Fist season 2 ended with Danny giving Coleen the Iron Fist power and naming her the Iron Fist.

Which doesn't make sense because its not his to give. The Iron Fist is won and earned through training and surpassing trials in Kun'Lun and then finally defeating the dragon. Its a very specific list of stuff that makes Iron Fist what it is. Danny is the Iron Fist regardless of how poorly written he is because he earned the power, not Coleen.

Danny just giving it to Coleen because she's like a "good person" demeans the power and turns it into a generic superhero identity.
    I always thought it was because Danny was the most poorly received of all the defenders.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Mighty Member

I'm reminded how Iron Fist season 2 ended with Danny giving Coleen the Iron Fist power and naming her the Iron Fist.

Which doesn't make sense because its not his to give. The Iron Fist is won and earned through training and surpassing trials in Kun'Lun and then finally defeating the dragon. Its a very specific list of stuff that makes Iron Fist what it is. Danny is the Iron Fist regardless of how poorly written he is because he earned the power, not Coleen.

Danny just giving it to Coleen because she's like a "good person" demeans the power and turns it into a generic superhero identity.
    Don't remind me of that heart-breaking show. The really said part is that Marvel had Danny basically do the same thing in the comics. Most people are speculating that it is because the character was so disliked in the show and wanting an Asian Iron Fist for the Shang Chi sequels.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    I always thought it was because Danny was the most poorly received of all the defenders.
    It is, its just the attempted saving face by making someone else the IF doesn't actually make sense within the lore of the character.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

I feel for Ryan in this sense.

One of my biggest weaknesses is admitting a mistake when making a decision. I can know my decision was emotional and yet want to see it thru. Even if it isnt wise.

He was emotional. They made a decision and they carried full steam ahead even if everything else made no sense.

Even with Nate Moore/Feige selling its "about Wakanda's many subcultures and not about T'Challa" Despite forcing Atlantis, Riri, etc etc. They decided on what they want to do. So decided to just go ahead and commit to it.

Preach! Come on now!

And that was like the least of the problems with IF lol

ooof that show was so bad lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Nate Moore's "we're gonna put him through the ringer to earn being Cap" comments didnt help as well, lol. Show was cool, but yea..
    Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    LOLOL...exactly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Do not get me started...I liked the show better than most too, but that still bugs me to this day.
    Get me drunk and I"ll start ranting about have the de-masculinized him etc etc etc

For another time lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Get me drunk and I"ll start ranting about have the de-masculinized him etc etc etc

For another time lol
    Better hope Misty Knight's not in it .

Saw this on twiter. BlackClaw is this hope or false hope? Greatphase is the dude that has leaked other stuff about the film.

Greatphase
    @greatphase15
    At this moment in time. I do see Coogler returning to direct Black Panther 3. After BP2 he's going to be heavily involved in the Okoye lead Midnight Angels Series. Will likely direct and write multiple eps and then will move onto Bp3.

WelcometoKlutch
    @KlutchWelcometo
    ·
    Jul 4
    Is the successor a "T'Challa" though. Cause someone else carrying the mantle isnt the same.
    Greatphase
    @greatphase15
    ·

*he posted a Simba GIF with Mufasa*

Jul 4
    WelcometoKlutch
    @KlutchWelcometo
    ·
    Jul 4
    If it's "T'Challa JR" then maybe that could work...however, would be a long wait time until he's of age right? Barely a teenager by the time the 3rd film would be ready.

Greatphase
    @greatphase15
    Replying to
    @KlutchWelcometo
    there are great opportunities to tell stories with the son and with tchalla by doing this. God Father II type
    https://twitter.com/greatphase15/sta...32426061713411

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Saw this on twiter. BlackClaw is this hope or false hope? Greatphase is the dude that has leaked other stuff about the film.

https://twitter.com/greatphase15/sta...32426061713411
    What makes this guy any more credible than any other random Twitter user? He seems to be heavily anti-recast (retweeted a guy that compared calls for T’Challa to live to the SnyderCut) then suddenly drops “scoops” validating the current direction of the franchise. Seems like a Disney shill no better at connecting the dots than any other fan but that’s just casually looking at his recent tweets so idk.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    What makes this guy any more credible than any other random Twitter user? He seems to be heavily anti-recast (retweeted a guy that compared calls for T’Challa to live to the SnyderCut) then suddenly drops “scoops” validating the current direction of the franchise. Seems like a Disney shill no better at connecting the dots than any other fan but that’s just casually looking at his recent tweets so idk.
    You might be right. However, Marvel Studios Spoilers use him as a reference for certain things that turned out to be true. We'll see.

Incredible Member

I had to check on y’all. BP 7 is a mess

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Yalls mental health would improve without Twitter lol
    Im off as soon as TChalla gets recast

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I’m not sure how much this was motivated by Twitter versus the cast’s own discomfort at replacing their friend. For fans T’Challa is just an iconic role that we wanna see done justice, but for Coogler and the rest of the crew Boseman was a close co-worker and leader that’s probably difficult to make a movie without.

Based off interviews, it seems the decision to not recast was made almost as soon as they heard Boseman passed, before they looked at the anti-recasting comments online. I’m sure online discussion a couple months after Boseman’s death helped validate that decision but I have a hard time believing it was the main factor.
    I disagree. The timeline wasn't as long as you think it was. It was more like he died, the very next day all the rumors about who would be the New Black Panther and what would they do with black panther started and everyone on Twitter and on Facebook had the same opinion of not recasting the character that was just days after. There are still news articles about 3 to 4 days after he died claiming that Sherry took over in the comics whenever black panther passed away on places like screen rant.and twitter. There's no way in good conscience Kevin feige and Nate Moore got together and asked Ryan coogler how they were going to continue making the movie just a day or two after. I think it took them about three to four weeks to make that announcement publicly in response to the public outcry.