Page 51 of 955 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151551 ... LastLast

But for possibly more positive news, does anyone know when we’ll get a preview of the next issue?
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

BTW

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    But for possibly more positive news, does anyone know when we’ll get a preview of the next issue?
    I think Thursday

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    MyTimeToShineHello
    @MyTimeToShineH
    Lake Bell is playing someone called Doctor Graham and she and her team are using a device made by Riri Williams to find Vibranium in the ocean. It makes Namor mad and what starts the conflict in Black Panther 2.

Atlanta Filming confirmed it.

The whole Riri Williams aspect is so forced and I like the character. If she's really getting more screen time cause of no T'Challa smh. Originally, I heard it was just a cameo and now she's supposedly the lynchpin
    It's not forced when she has a tv show coming out. Now that the movie has been pushed back-I SUSPECT we will hear her show is airing around the time it comes out.

Every hero has been getting help from others. This is not unique to black heroes.

And a hero needing help is not any less for it.
    It's an issue when you start taking stuff from them to build up others or to show them as not smart enough.

Lt Uhura knows more about languages than anyone. Yet we never saw it-especially in Star Trek 6. Even Nichelle Nichols took issue with it.

Cyborg-is more than Batman's bus and internet yet under DC's Golden boy writer-that what he was and under others he was forever hacked into or torn up by folks including Black Panther's cousin Red Lion.

Static did everything by himself. Then suddenly he wasn't smart enough to build his own stuff-Hardware and Richie had to do it.

Duke Thomas in Outsiders was some wimp that needed to be held. In other books he is not that.

The problem is unlike our white counterparts-we don't get the ton of stories and VARIETY to show off what one can do by one's self.

Especially in top selling books. While it's bad for the brothers-think about how the women are done-Vixen & STORM says HI.

I hate that they're skipping a month.

Hit the nail on the head.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

In the words of DJ Khalid.

Another one

Emmanuel Noisette I think has the right kind of character to lead this movement.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    This and likely building the movie around "honoring" Chad/T'Challa. You probably be hard pressed to find reviewers criticizing the movie if they do they're likely to get labeled racist and misogynist/sexist and somehow disrespecting Chadwick. Once the marketing campaign I expect Feige to repeat the that the franchise was never about T'Challa narrative and that the sequel was always going to focus on the other characters of Wakanda.
    So it’ll essentially be a repeat of the last Jedi where critics praise it but fans see through the facade. Ok then.
    this might need to be the meme/go to reaction to every bit of news that relates to the film.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    it Tchadwick was in this movie and they were wasting time on RiRi, I would be pissed.
    My thing is why are we doing all this non Wakanda stuff. If the movie is about "exploring Wakanda and all of its subcultures" etc. Do you really have time for that?

I remember when Coogler said he wanted to film Boseman/T'Challa going on a Ali like run to different parts of Wakanda. They didnt have the time/money for it.

Spider-Man No Way Home was trying to squeeze in America Chavez. No Way Home is better for not having her cause they could spend more time with Spider Man(men).

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    My thing is why are we doing all this non Wakanda stuff. If the movie is about "exploring Wakanda and all of its subcultures" etc. Do you really have time for that?

I remember when Coogler said he wanted to film Boseman/T'Challa going on a Ali like run to different parts of Wakanda. They didnt have the time/money for it.

Spider-Man No Way Home was trying to squeeze in America Chavez. No Way Home is better for not having her cause they could spend more time with Spider Man(men).
    A tour of Wakanda (with T’Challa starring) wouldve made for a much better D+ series than a movie.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I hope this is in regards to the Okoye show and not something else they're giving us as non Tchalla material.

KC Walsh
    @TheComixKid
    Clock face twelve oclock Smiling face with halo

FWIW this scooper retweeted E-Man. So at least the scoopers are showing support for the recast TChalla movement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    A tour of Wakanda (with T’Challa starring) wouldve made for a much better D+ series than a movie.
    Well considering how T'Challa is really fast.lol I assumed the run/jog scene would have been a montage.
    Last edited by Klaue's Mixtape; 01-18-2022 at 09:18 PM.

Seeing people on twitter/reddit hoping we see a live action Doomwar soon. Yikes

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    It's not forced when she has a tv show coming out. Now that the movie has been pushed back-I SUSPECT we will hear her show is airing around the time it comes out.

It's an issue when you start taking stuff from them to build up others or to show them as not smart enough.

Lt Uhura knows more about languages than anyone. Yet we never saw it-especially in Star Trek 6. Even Nichelle Nichols took issue with it.

Cyborg-is more than Batman's bus and internet yet under DC's Golden boy writer-that what he was and under others he was forever hacked into or torn up by folks including Black Panther's cousin Red Lion.

Static did everything by himself. Then suddenly he wasn't smart enough to build his own stuff-Hardware and Richie had to do it.

Duke Thomas in Outsiders was some wimp that needed to be held. In other books he is not that.

The problem is unlike our white counterparts-we don't get the ton of stories and VARIETY to show off what one can do by one's self.

Especially in top selling books. While it's bad for the brothers-think about how the women are done-Vixen & STORM says HI.
    I'd like to point out that Cyborg getting hacked and maimed by Red Lion happened under a black writer.

Static never struck me as much of an inventor and seemed like he leaned towards physics instead. And even in the original series, he didn't do everything himself. Remember when Richie killed Hot Streak?

If they're being depicted as useless in team books, that's one thing. But I'm not bothered by heroes needing help if they are the main star.

Never read Ridley's Superman stuff. Decided to check twitter and man. People hate his Superman more than people here who hate Coates.