Page 546 of 955 FirstFirst ... 46446496536542543544545546547548549550556596646 ... LastLast
Results 8,176 to 8,190 of 14314
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by king kazma View Post
    You mean these two guys, right? I think I watched some of the pilot years ago, I couldn't buy any scene where he was cowering or getting beat up by that dude.

Attachment 123735Attachment 123736
    Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

Fantastic Member

Thanks Ezyo.

Fantastic Member

Definitely Superman will be treated with kid gloves now from what I take from the new Warner Brothers Discovery. They aren't going to do anything they think tarnishes the brand. Or dilutes it, so I see Black Superman not happening.

I've heard rumors that they are canceling the Latina Supergirl movie/project and I could see them not putting a movie out because the focus will be on rebuilding Clark Kent Superman. I also wonder if they will hasten the end of the Superman & Lois series as well, to clear the way for the theatrical Superman, whether it's Cavill or another actor. The bones tossed could be a more diverse cast and perhaps even a race bent Lois and Lex. Coates would have a ball writing a black Lex Luthor.

Please I hope the comics' gods keep Coates away from Icon. A black man and a black conservative to boot, Coates would go nuts writing him.

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    Well, at least it looks like Tchalla is returning to the next Avengers series called ALL OUT AVENGERS releasing in September 2022. Hopefully the writer will give Tchalla as much love as Jason Aaron did so that we can have some relief away from the puke inducing tragedy of Ridley's BP comic.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...engers-trailer

Don’t forget about the one shot he’s got coming in November too. He’ll be forming some new bond with the Panther goddess in it.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    I disagree regarding the Supremacists.... If Red Skull, Modok and their Hydra can exist in MCU then so can the Supremacists.

I will only say they should perhaps racebend one or two of them as black(suffering Uncle Ruckus syndrome, LMAO) so that it doesn't look too jarring as a blacks vs whites type of thing.
    They should race bend racists?

Quote Originally Posted by Emperorjones View Post
    Definitely Superman will be treated with kid gloves now from what I take from the new Warner Brothers Discovery. They aren't going to do anything they think tarnishes the brand. Or dilutes it, so I see Black Superman not happening.

I've heard rumors that they are canceling the Latina Supergirl movie/project and I could see them not putting a movie out because the focus will be on rebuilding Clark Kent Superman. I also wonder if they will hasten the end of the Superman & Lois series as well, to clear the way for the theatrical Superman, whether it's Cavill or another actor. The bones tossed could be a more diverse cast and perhaps even a race bent Lois and Lex. Coates would have a ball writing a black Lex Luthor.

Please I hope the comics' gods keep Coates away from Icon. A black man and a black conservative to boot, Coates would go nuts writing him.
    The worst part is that people will defend it to death talking about how it's just too deep for them and this is a huge think piece. But that's DC now so whatever

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

I'm remined that Icon is like old-school conservative, like Uncle Phil from Fresh Prince

Obviously Icon would be disgusted with the Republican Party now but I'm not sure Coates would get that

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the new comics somewhat change Icon's political leanings?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the new comics somewhat change Icon's political leanings?
    Icon’s thing was that he wasn’t really a “true” conservative.

He was positioning himself in a certain way to draw the least attention to himself because his whole thing was he wanted to get back to his planet. That whole thing simply meant him “moving under the radar” to avoid suspicion. Inadvertently, he found his way in political conservatism while also performing acts of charity (I believe the character’s ideology was something that even Dwayne McDuffie struggled with because Clarence Thomas was a fan and he didn’t want provide ammunition to black conservative thought).

In the original series and the new one, his interaction with Rocket (who was really the driving force of the title) made him change his approach.

Edit: when I say “true conservative” he wasn’t one of those modern day anti-black reactionary types like Candace Owens,
    Last edited by Username taken; 08-10-2022 at 05:35 AM.

Fantastic Member

When it comes to Icon's conservatism, in the original series, I see it more of a traditional kind of conservatism and not the Goldwater-Reagan variety, at that time. With Icon fighting for the Union in the Civil War, it made sense that he would join the Republican party afterward, and I see it as him just sticking with the party. If anything, I could see him being more like a Colin Powell Republican, or Edward Brooke.

Today, perhaps I could see him still being a Republican, but more like Michael Steele. I haven't really read the new Icon & Rocket run deeply, but he doesn't seem a hardcore contemporary conservative. I didn't get that vibe. To me he's there to juxtapose with Raquel's youthful progressivism with Raquel winning out (and I imagine that goes even more for Hudlin's take on the characters), and I give McDuffie credit for even making the attempt to begin with.

Ultimate Member

When it comes to Icon's conservatism, in the original series, I see it more of a traditional kind of conservatism and not the Goldwater-Reagan variety, at that time. With Icon fighting for the Union in the Civil War, it made sense that he would join the Republican party afterward, and I see it as him just sticking with the party. If anything, I could see him being more like a Colin Powell Republican, or Edward Brooke.

Today, perhaps I could see him still being a Republican, but more like Michael Steele. I haven't really read the new Icon & Rocket run deeply, but he doesn't seem a hardcore contemporary conservative. I didn't get that vibe. To me he's there to juxtapose with Raquel's youthful progressivism with Raquel winning out (and I imagine that goes even more for Hudlin's take on the characters), and I give McDuffie credit for even making the attempt to begin with.
    Yeah, Icon was more of the traditional conservative.

The original Milestone was a VERY,VERY diverse and well ahead of its time. A lot of people catching up on it are surprised about how ahead of the game they were.

This is the way the arc ends.

Not with a bang, but a whiner.

Definitely top 5 worse arcs. No explanation as to who was behind the deaths of the sleeper agents or how they knew. Are we supposed to believe Akili was behind everything without giving us a motive? I thought I hated the MA but my disdain for Tosin is another level if Ridley wants Tosin to be hated then he's doing a fantastic job.

Was the big payoff of this abysmal arc that T'Challa beats up Akili? At least looks like the Storm relationship is done for for the time being.
    Last edited by KingNomarch; 08-10-2022 at 07:55 AM.

I'm sorry but.. what the f*** kinda of s***** a** writing was that? Like. Who TF is he writing? The most convoluted, dumbass listless story. Literally a continuation of Coates dumpster fire, yet almost worse because Ridley should be more talented that this can't fall on lack of experience.

The whole thing was just dumb and so out of character for everyone. No one in Wakanda talks like that. Shuri fawning over Folasade was the top cringe moments, as well as tosins comments, Storms, T'Challas... Hell the entire story was one cringe moment to the next. And in the end, NOTHING is even resolved. This was literally a hit job to get tchalla out of Wakanda, plot, logic, and effort be damned. They literally treated this like getting from point A to point B with a IDGAFF how you get there mindset.

Lazy, uninspired, lack of coherent story, ishtty characters, dumbed down and weak ass T'Challa.. of this is how T'Challa is supposed to be from now on, or if this somehow transferred to the greater MU... I could not be a fan anymore. This is an embarrassment and an insult to T'Challa

Well that was anticlimactic. Hot damn I hope Ridley leaves after issue 10. Oh and Tosin can burn already.
    Last edited by BlackClaw; 08-10-2022 at 08:21 AM.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"