Page 6 of 955 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106506 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    No one outside the BP books references much of anything from the solo.

But like Ezyo mentioned, we've had decades of stories with Black Panther as king without being Wakandaa democracy. Heck we've had stories that have shown the Wakandan Council and Tribal leaders etc. So why now all of a sudden is it a problem?

Is it a way for them to introduce new characters, a new set of issues. We start doing stories of democratic Wakanda then we get into the weeds. If T'Challa is still an authoritarian character then why even bother having a democratic Wakanda?

This is comic books. We have alien empires, Mars is colonized, a purple giant goes around eating planets and Aunt May is still alive. I think we can get by with Wakanda being a monarchy.
    Yeah it was only a problem when Coates had to literally force isht into the mythos and ignore/ retcon continuity to make it work. That is proof enough that it should be reverted. Though I guess for marvel they are being consistent given that all Marvel monarchs are in shambles right now and Wakanda seems to be the best off (not saying much)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Unlikely. One or makes zero sense for Storm to be BP because she doesn't even belong to the franchise. Shuri already had stories where they made it clear she doesn't want to be BP anymore so that makes no sense either. Also killing T'Challa off in the comics to "honor Chad" will had such a huge shitstorm especially with the Recast movement growing stronger and support for this family that Marvel will CATCH MORE heat and bad press than any monicrum of gains Killings him for MCU synergy. Of Ridleys run is successful than I don't think marvel will try it. If it crashes and burns like Coates?... Maybe. Being in JA avengers though as the chairman also gives him some security too.
    Not to mention killing him anywhere out side of the MCU will make it blatantly clear that Marvel is trying to profit off of the real life death of a Black man. Which is absolutely freaking disgusting not matter how much Nate Moore runs his mouth about it not being exploitative.

Deadass, I’ve always wanted to see T’Challa be a dad, but not with Ororo as the mom. Hell we still might not be out of the woods with this issue if that rumor of T’Challa having a son with Nakia in the sequel is true, but Bast it could’ve been so much worse. Lmao.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Still though. Marvel's Timeless #1 which is supposed to showcase future events of the Marvel U Showed a picture of a Female Black Panther with White Hair If you look at the picture it looks like white hair and not apart of Shuri's Habit, which is often depicted with white fur and the caption is "The Barve Honor the Sacrifices of those in their hearts." There is also a picture of a Woman with LONG RED HAIR donning Spider-Mans classic Habit. But if Storm isn't taking the habit, then they could be giving it back to Shuri.
    Last edited by mbeezy561; 01-03-2022 at 10:47 AM.
    After reading Priest's run on Black Panther, I can truly said I've learned nothing, but I remember everything!
    I'm back from the Djailia!
    Since D9 exists in the MU, T'challa is definitely an Alpha! (Don't Debate me)

Astonishing Member

Not only that, but who would this be for? The handful of Storm fans? BP fans don't want this and it's only Storm fans who seem to benefit from this, but it would even be. Good thing. In that podcast what Hickman was saying about the story unfolding doesn't even SOUND good. It makes T'Challa and Storm look bad BUT we know because it's the x office, they would find a way to exonerate Storm of any blame and somehow put it all on T'Challa " He told me he had vibranium laced rubbers on, he lied to me!"

Or some dumb ****. Also like you said before, the fact that they went ahead with it and were already halfway through the book before deciding to run it B editorial is Super disrespectful to the BP franchise. HE DON'T NEED HER or the x office. He is literally the biggest Solo hero of all time. There's nothing to gain from that. Good thing editorial **** that isht down
    Let’s not be dishonest, there are PLENTY of BP fans that prefer T’Challa with Storm lol. They may not post here but there’d be a lot of BP fans who like the direction if Hickman got approval. So it’s not even a matter of whether it’d be popular, more a matter of story and respect. The fact Storm would save her child with T’Challa by herself is wrong. It tells me this was about pushing her and Krakoa forward by using T’Challa’s name and Wakanda’s influence to inflate the importance of the story.

It also makes them look terrible, Marvel surely must’ve been thinking of the optics of having their two most prominent black characters have a child out of wedlock, especially with all the toxicity that had been built up. It’s nasty but it’s not surprising Hickman didn’t think about that before he presented the idea. And it would really mess up Ridley’s story because you can’t ignore T’Challa having a son the way you can ignore a democracy or a space empire. Thank Bast editorial vetoed that whole story lol.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    We’ve gotten references to the IGEW and T’Challa’s romance with Storm has been touched on repeatedly. I think it’s very purposeful that books like Avengers, SWORD, and Invaders will note major developments like those but not the new democracy. Wakanda being a democracy doesn’t fundamentally change the way a BP story operates if a writer just ignores it. The main way T’Challa’s “kingly” aspects are explored is when he does foreign policy (conversing with other nations, giving support to the Avengers, etc.) and mobilizes the military. Nothing about Wakanda being a democracy changes his ability to do those things. T’Challa became the main political backer of Aaron’s Avengers and Agents of Wakanda without a single reference to the Parliament. He’s fought off like 4 alien invasions since 2017 without having to debate with any elected officials and the list goes on.

I’m not saying the democracy is a good idea or that I want it to stick around (I would’ve torched it and mocked it on panel before going back to T’Challa being the only authority). But I don’t see Marvel saying “democracy doesn’t work, one man should have all the power and the lesbians that fought T’Challa were wrong”. Once you open that can of worms, short of a reboot I don’t see then turning back on A Nation Under Our Feet. What I can see is it being ignored. That’s how Coates did it and how I expect Ridley to approach it when it’s no longer needed as a framing device.
    The irony though, is how Coates portrayed it (with thanks to Gay) they MA WERE wrong. Not only were they the cause of the issues, they exacerbated the situation by not reporting it AND taking matters onto their own hands, then went on to make an aggressive act on the jabari, start executing people, sided with KNOWN terrorists and only backed down when threatened that of they kept working with their known terrorist rapist allies that. T'Challa and co would of ENSURED no matter what they're complete destruction.

And we are supposed to see them as the anti heroes because... What? They are lesbian and female? That's such a gross and insulting representation of lesbians, and women in general. Made even worse that Coates tried to also play it off that the MA were supposed to represent police using excessive force. Which is a problem as well yet he tried to spin it in a bit so bad light that they are somehow justified for their actions.

And all of this in order to make the contrived plan work (which it didn't and had Swiss cheese like holes) he had to do Olympics level gold medalist gymnastics PIS and CIS to make it try to make sense. Which he failed miserably but his default was to just have T'Challa take the blame without any reason.

This is why we need to Monarch because otherwise we get characters like the MA. Completely stupid and T'Challa gets blamed

Let’s not be dishonest, there are PLENTY of BP fans that prefer T’Challa with Storm lol. They may not post here but there’d be a lot of BP fans who like the direction if Hickman got approval. So it’s not even a matter of whether it’d be popular, more a matter of story and respect. The fact Storm would save her child with T’Challa by herself is wrong. It tells me this was about pushing her and Krakoa forward by using T’Challa’s name and Wakanda’s influence to inflate the importance of the story.

It also makes them look terrible, Marvel surely must’ve been thinking of the optics of having their two most prominent black characters have a child out of wedlock, especially with all the toxicity that had been built up. It’s nasty but it’s not surprising Hickman didn’t think about that before he presented the idea. And it would really mess up Ridley’s story because you can’t ignore T’Challa having a son the way you can ignore a democracy or a space empire. Thank Bast editorial vetoed that whole story lol.
    I wouldn't mind them having a child, I think it's a great idea that would make for interesting stories. Plenty of mainstream heroes had children that went on to have very successful stories and be very successful characters Damian Wayne, Skaar, Jonathan Kent, Mayday , Franklin , Valeria, the list goes on and the fact that T'challa doesn't have a heir and a spare is a bit of a problem for a reigning King. But i do agree the execution of the story needs to be good, like it shouldn't be an ass pull.

I dunno man, I have seen these people posting on other platforms and bone of the y come off as BP fans. They come off as Storm fans who want to use BP as a stepping stool to get Storm more exposure. Usually it goes "Storm and T'Challa should be together as rulers of Wakanda and then on future stories storm could take over when T'Challa gets injured by Doom" or some dumb isht lol.

Again none of this is for T'Challas benefit at all. Literally nothing, it's Storm gets this And Storm gets that and T'Challa gets... To be with Storm? Woohoo?

Hickman might maybe do slightly better than other x folks but it would still be isht.its engraved on their DNA. If they are an x fan and they Are writing anything Remotely related to BP, they are REQUIRED by NATURE to isht on it on some manner.

I dunno man, I have seen these people posting on other platforms and bone of the y come off as BP fans. They come off as Storm fans who want to use BP as a stepping stool to get Storm more exposure. Usually it goes "Storm and T'Challa should be together as rulers of Wakanda and then on future stories storm could take over when T'Challa gets injured by Doom" or some dumb isht lol.

Again none of this is for T'Challas benefit at all. Literally nothing, it's Storm gets this And Storm gets that and T'Challa gets... To be with Storm? Woohoo?

Hickman might maybe do slightly better than other x folks but it would still be isht.its engraved on their DNA. If they are an x fan and they Are writing anything Remotely related to BP, they are REQUIRED by NATURE to isht on it on some manner.
    They’re all a bunch of opportunists. This is why I’m cautiously optimistic for Black Panther #200 because there’s a possibility Ridley might put this relationship out to pasture for good.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think people expect BP to have more political weight and clout as a true monarch though.
    Absolutely. We would/should expect him to be much more than a figurehead...while still listening to council from the Representatives of the People. Regardless of what the History books have taught us...the two don't have to be opposingly exclusive of each other.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Being a king doesn't seem to be a problem in any other franchise except for this one. Someone high up at Marvel has an issue with TChalla ruling wakanda and that's probably the reason we got coats to begin with. Now there seems to be a desire to turn wakanda into a hero unto itself remodel can funnel all of their diversity driven projects and talk.. Wauconda has never been the hero of this story and has to be dragged along screaming and kicking by t'challa. Trying to make it a heroic place is only going to open it up like Disneyland for the rest of the Marvel Universe

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Being a king doesn't seem to be a problem in any other franchise except for this one. Someone high up at Marvel has an issue with TChalla ruling wakanda and that's probably the reason we got coats to begin with. Now there seems to be a desire to turn wakanda into a hero unto itself remodel can funnel all of their diversity driven projects and talk.. Wauconda has never been the hero of this story and has to be dragged along screaming and kicking by t'challa. Trying to make it a heroic place is only going to open it up like Disneyland for the rest of the Marvel Universe
    “They don’t want to see a Black man being a king because it doesn’t fit the narrative.”
    - Derrick Boseman
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

As a fan of both T'Challa and Storm...I would have absolutely HATED the "Storm is pregnant for T'Challa" plot. So...Bright Lady be praised! that HiX-Man couldn't go through with it. The last thing these two characters need right now when both their trajectories are facing Up! is tacky Young and Restless baby drama. That **** might have been interesting in the 80's and 90's but not in 2022.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    As a fan of both T'Challa and Storm...I would have absolutely HATED the "Storm is pregnant for T'Challa" plot. So...Bright Lady be praised! that HiX-Man couldn't go through with it. The last thing these two characters need right now when both their trajectories are facing Up! is tacky Young and Restless baby drama. That **** might have been interesting in the 80's and 90's but not in 2022.
    Storms? Yes. T’Challas? Doubtful considering what’s happening later on this year. I can only hope Ridley continues to bring the heat.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Absolutely. We would/should expect him to be much more than a figurehead...while still listening to council from the Representatives of the People. Regardless of what the History books have taught us...the two don't have to be opposingly exclusive of each other.
    Isn't that what the Tribal Council was for?

I don’t doubt that marvel plans to kill T’Challa but I think they’ll change their minds by the end of the year