Page 635 of 955 FirstFirst ... 135535585625631632633634635636637638639645685735 ... LastLast
Results 9,511 to 9,525 of 14314
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Personally I think Marvel's play is very basic. Play on tragic black male death, and pump up Namor , and there by getting Latino and O.G. fanboys in a 2 for 1. I don't think they are even hiding this. Like Ezyo 1000, Ekie, and others have pointed out. They're moving from the original IP something almost unheard of in this type of business model. The closest comparison is Sam Wilson Cap America, and look at the process that went through, and the time frame we're talking about. Yes November is coming soon. BP 2 will get its coin, but at what cost to T'Challa, and what comes after? Social media loves pointing out Shuri took the mantle in the comics but you, I and others here know full well how that went. She gonna carry 3 solo films??
    Nope. But I don't think that was ever the intent.

At this point The Marvel executives have to know just how important T'Challa is to the BP comic book franchise (although you wouldn't be able to tell from the recent state of the character) but not so much to the BP movie/Disney franchise, as they tend to just follow where the most money will take them. So yes, Shuri will be BP for this interim film but chances are they will use all their hype and power to bring back a male BP, if not T'Challa himself, for the third film. The Press for which will be galactic.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Personally I think Marvel's play is very basic. Play on tragic black male death, and pump up Namor , and there by getting Latino and O.G. fanboys in a 2 for 1. I don't think they are even hiding this. Like Ezyo 1000, Ekie, and others have pointed out. They're moving from the original IP something almost unheard of in this type of business model. The closest comparison is Sam Wilson Cap America, and look at the process that went through, and the time frame we're talking about. Yes November is coming soon. BP 2 will get its coin, but at what cost to T'Challa, and what comes after? Social media loves pointing out Shuri took the mantle in the comics but you, I and others here know full well how that went. She gonna carry 3 solo films??
    Of course she won't, I have a feeling they are going to transition the movie into a ensemble film, because they know none of these characters have the history to pull from, they are basically just going to going the FF route.

They are definitely going with the playing on the tragedy under the guise of honoring Chad. It doesn't feel genuine because it's being advertised instead of it being a thought on their mind. Anything we heard about WF to start was always the same. And it feels exploitive now, especially Given the timeframe of the movie release.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Of course she won't, I have a feeling they are going to transition the movie into a ensemble film, because they know none of these characters have the history to pull from, they are basically just going to going the FF route.

They are definitely going with the playing on the tragedy under the guise of honoring Chad. It doesn't feel genuine because it's being advertised instead of it being a thought on their mind. Anything we heard about WF to start was always the same. And it feels exploitive now, especially Given the timeframe of the movie release.

And speaking of Box Office here’s the prediction of it domestic gross via variety:
    https://thedirect.com/article/black-...ver-box-office

Again it’s just a prediction. But if it comes true then it’ll prove what we’ve all been saying ever since they announced T’Challa wouldn’t be recast.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Niffleheim

I think the article from Variety just wants to control the narrative should it underperform they can say they expected it and should It be successful they can claim that they made the right decision by not recasting. Either way it is a win because they can say it was beyond their control. However, I don't see it underperforming.
    Last edited by Tofali; 10-01-2022 at 07:07 PM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Yeah it’ll definitely make its money back well enough but I still have my doubts it’ll cross a billion like the first. I’m predicting somewhere within the $700-$800 million range total.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Yeah it’ll definitely make its money back well enough but I still have my doubts it’ll cross a billion like the first. I’m predicting somewhere within the $700-$800 million range total.
    The tough spot they''re in (or put themselves in) is that the first movie was one of the rare movie to make more domestically than international. So its so reliant on people in the states to show up.

You're gonna have some people out because of Marvel fatigue
    Some people out because no T'Challa
    Some people out because Shuri is the lead (and they cant buy her as a lead)
    Some people out because of Wright Anti-Vax stuff

Selling T'Challa's death is their play. Making it a big funeral movie is their way to get to a billion.

We'll see if it works out for them or not.

I think it will reach the billion mark, but not much as the first one and I don't see it passing over $700 million at the domestic BO. IIRC the movie won't be released in 1 country already and if they go forward with Aneka and Ayo's relationship it will be banned in China. Sure the first one didn't do too well in China critically and financially compared to other marvel movies for obvious reasons but still a source of revenue that they'll lose. If it passes a billion Feige and everyone against recasting will use it as proof that T'Challa isn't needed. But if it doesn't then Feige and Marvel might start rethinking and fast forward with T'Challa Jr since I highly doubt this movie will be set during the blip.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    I think it will reach the billion mark, but not much as the first one and I don't see it passing over $700 million at the domestic BO. IIRC the movie won't be released in 1 country already and if they go forward with Aneka and Ayo's relationship it will be banned in China. Sure the first one didn't do too well in China critically and financially compared to other marvel movies for obvious reasons but still a source of revenue that they'll lose. If it passes a billion Feige and everyone against recasting will use it as proof that T'Challa isn't needed. But if it doesn't then Feige and Marvel might start rethinking and fast forward with T'Challa Jr since I highly doubt this movie will be set during the blip.
    Not with Avatar coming out in 5 weeks.
    Not with the NBA, NHL, NFL, College Football, College basketball and High school playoff going on.
    Not with Black Friday.
    Not with other movies coming out like Strange Worlds.
    Avatar alone will do the damage.

Lets not forget Mother Nature. She already trashed most of Florida. So who knows what theaters will be working there.

Along with the results of November elections. Who knows who will act a fool after those which is 3 days before the movie comes out.

Black Panther 1 came out during Black History month, post Super Bowl, weaker competition, went into a 3 day weekend and folks making it their business to go see it.
    Lets not forget BP 1 had stuff in stores in November and some coming out on Black Friday, New Year's Day, MLK and December 26th.

I have YET to meet one person excited let alone wanting to go see it. More are excited about Black Adam.

Incredible Member

People are overestimating the Letitia stuff. I don't think the larger general public cares or was even aware about it. Covid is still around, but it's not really a pandemic anymore. People have "moved on". Most people also don't keep up with "leaks" and plot details and such. Letitia has already been easing herself back into the public eye doing interviews on late night and stuff.

Stuff like the loss of Chadwick, Marvel oversaturation and Phase 4 mediocrity, apathy from international audiences(and the lack of China).etc will matter more. As with anything, if the final product is good enough then it will overcome most of this.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Not with Avatar coming out in 5 weeks.
    Not with the NBA, NHL, NFL, College Football, College basketball and High school playoff going on.
    Not with Black Friday.
    Not with other movies coming out like Strange Worlds.
    Avatar alone will do the damage.

Lets not forget Mother Nature. She already trashed most of Florida. So who knows what theaters will be working there.

Along with the results of November elections. Who knows who will act a fool after those which is 3 days before the movie comes out.

Black Panther 1 came out during Black History month, post Super Bowl, weaker competition, went into a 3 day weekend and folks making it their business to go see it.
    Lets not forget BP 1 had stuff in stores in November and some coming out on Black Friday, New Year's Day, MLK and December 26th.

I have YET to meet one person excited let alone wanting to go see it. More are excited about Black Adam.
    Black Adam would be a few weeks past. I doubt Strange Worlds will do a lot of damage. Avatar will be big competition at least internationally. Both of these are also Disney products so they are were well aware of this when scheduling releases.

Sports? maybe. Black Friday will have no impact lol. Most people do their Black friday stuff in the morning at least where I'm at.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Morph View Post
    People are overestimating the Letitia stuff. I don't think the larger general public cares or was even aware about it. Covid is still around, but it's not really a pandemic anymore. People have "moved on". Most people also don't keep up with "leaks" and plot details and such. Letitia has already been easing herself back into the public eye doing interviews on late night and stuff.

Stuff like the loss of Chadwick, Marvel oversaturation and Phase 4 mediocrity, apathy from international audiences(and the lack of China).etc will matter more. As with anything, if the final product is good enough then it will overcome most of this.
    The thing with Letita I'm curious about is that she was apparently a huge pain in the ass to work with during the movie's development.

So I'm curious whats the precedent here for the MCU dealing with a hard to work actor.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    The thing with Letita I'm curious about is that she was apparently a huge pain in the ass to work with during the movie's development.

So I'm curious whats the precedent here for the MCU dealing with a hard to work actor.
    Well, the last PITA they had to work with was Edward Norton...

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    The tough spot they''re in (or put themselves in) is that the first movie was one of the rare movie to make more domestically than international. So its so reliant on people in the states to show up.

You're gonna have some people out because of Marvel fatigue
    Some people out because no T'Challa
    Some people out because Shuri is the lead (and they cant buy her as a lead)
    Some people out because of Wright Anti-Vax stuff

Selling T'Challa's death is their play. Making it a big funeral movie is their way to get to a billion.

We'll see if it works out for them or not.
    We have to keep in mind that the reason why the domestic gross was so big was because of repeat viewings. The first movie was essentially a celebration while this new one is a funeral. And who wants to go to a funeral multiple times?
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Well, the last PITA they had to work with was Edward Norton...
    Oh yeah I hear thats why Norton wasn't brought back, he was apparently a huge ass.

Its interesting what they would do now since the movie culture is different from how it was back then

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Oh yeah I hear thats why Norton wasn't brought back, he was apparently a huge ass.

Its interesting what they would do now since the movie culture is different from how it was back then
    Recast her and ignore complaints about hypocrisy. Pretty much like they would have done if Harrison Ford didn't say no to being the new Gen. Ross (allegedly).