Because I want T’Challa to have a pet.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    That's one thing about Chadwick he had the look .
    No disrespect to this actor but I don't see Tchalla at all
    Agreed, now if you say this could be Moses Magnum. You have my complete attention! Hate typecasting, however this dude his a future in villainy.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Because I want T’Challa to have a pet.
    There was a misunderstanding on my part. I confused Preyy with Slay (Madam Slay) instead.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Agreed, now if you say this could be Moses Magnum. You have my complete attention! Hate typecasting, however this dude his a future in villainy.
    He pulls off the look of Achebe pretty well imo.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Why are we acting like Manifold isn’t a better character than Shuri lol. That said, in-universe Shuri could probably “do better” if we’re talking about guys with resources, fighting skills, etc. if that’s how we wanna measure LI. I’ve always said Shuri should just date some OC who’s the younger brother of M’Baku so she can be set up as Queen of the Jabari-lands when she’s older.

And there’s no way Shuri is late twenties-early thirties. She’s maybe 25 at best, she’s been massively deaged in appearance and personality while getting affiliated more with the Champions like Ms. Marvel and Ironheart. I’d put Shuri at 22-23, which makes her roughly a decade younger than T’Challa.
    When she first appeared she was T'challa little sister. Everything about her screamed 16-19 years of age. When she took over the book, she was depicted as older since Mayberry didn't want to go with any teen hero tropes. In fact, I don't think she was ever identified as a teen hero in her entire run, nor did she hang out with any teen hero groups.

The current version of the character seems to have been damage but since she is now a sidekick/supporting cast member that fits with her current role. But this is why Marvel will always be vague about character ages.

You can count the number of Marvel characters who are canonically 30+ on the fingers of one hand and the over 40 are even less.

DC let characters age to be about 40 then they de-aged everyone after changing thier minds, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Bast is such a dick.

She lets Doom have his way.

No help against the Phoenix.

Gives T'Challa some lame KotD powers.

Doesn't protect Wakanda against Thanos and The Cabal.

Dumps Earth Wakanda for the IGEW.

Now comes stick her paw out for help.

She makes Crom look like a saint lol.

Dont forget the Don Mcgregor run. When the Panther god ( I did not see it called Bast until Hudlin/Hickma nrun) possessed a normal dude and wage war against Tchalla and Wakanda. Pretty much what Coates did in the Intergalactic story but in reverse+symbiote. And Tchalla had have help with the final battle using the techno jungle and friends. But still lost.

Need a neuralyzer for both runs.

T'challa needs to have a serious sit down with Bast

Quote Originally Posted by Hellscream View Post
    Dont forget the Don Mcgregor run. When the Panther god ( I did not see it called Bast until Hudlin/Hickma nrun) possessed a normal dude and wage war against Tchalla and Wakanda. Pretty much what Coates did in the Intergalactic story but in reverse+symbiote. And Tchalla had have help with the final battle using the techno jungle and friends. But still lost.

I think we need to find a story where she actually did something to help.

Even the KotD "power up" she give BP was a delaying tactic so that Reed could save the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    for who?!?!?!?
    This lol definitely not BP. Especially after seeing in raised by wolves

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    He pulls off the look of Achebe pretty well imo.
    Ya know, I can see that too!

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Ya know, I can see that too!
    He looks like a young Samuel L. Jackson.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellscream View Post

Peter B. Gillis was the culprit of that storyline.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    This should be interesting. I'd like to see more of T'challa interacting with Bast and the Wakandan pantheon. Wakandans have ways to reach the realm of their gods and it's never been used to an advantage? That's ridiculous. I wouldn't like it to be used all the time but once in a while I'd like to see T'challa just ringing up Bast to poof a problem away.

Maybe have him call Bast to resolve an issue that though important, is not his premier concern. It would be a great way to show off how powerful T'challa is, in that he has nigh unlimited resources.

There's also that whole Arrako being the new capital of the sol system. That doesn't seem right with me because as of the last Black Panther series, T'challa is now Emperor of the IGEW which has been incorporated under earth Wakandan leadership. We know this because at the end of that series you can see non human Wakandans from the IGEW in Birnin-Zana. I suppose this makes earth Wakanda the capital of the IGEW, which makes it all the more weird that Wakanda is allowing mutants to claim sovereignty over it when they're the more powerful nation.
    Even discounting how T'challa would feel about it personally because he's in a relationship with Storm, who's Arrako's regent, it's made clear that the Wakandan parliament has more political power than him (for now anyways). Wakandans have been shown to be snarky and extremely bigoted against people they don't consider Wakandan and (im assuming here) the parliament is elected so the MP's are beholden to public opinion. The Wakandans i know would not allow this slight towards them to continue and would order a largeass fleet parked right in the sol system just so mutants know who is really in control.
    Last edited by ThePantherKing; 01-22-2022 at 05:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by XJlock View Post
    Thankyou for catching that, XJlock. But still need to be neuralyzed. The art was done by Denys Cowan. Tchalla looked unhealthy in that art.

Quote Originally Posted by XJlock View Post
    It was a great story though

Bast was pissed. And took her blessing and power from tchalla

Tchalla didbt agree and pushed back

And then they came to a compromise.

Now, bast just does **** and tchalla has no agency
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 01-22-2022 at 06:09 PM.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html