Page 755 of 955 FirstFirst ... 255655705745751752753754755756757758759765805855 ... LastLast
Results 11,311 to 11,325 of 14314

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    If he knocks it out of the park, would it be too much to ask that he takes over from Ridley since they seem dead set on not hiring Redjack? I loved the Killmonger mini.
    If nothing else Hill can write good character driven stories. I wish his kilmonger didn't use Fisk and bullseye because that screwed him. But the character side was great.

I wish Redjack would be hired though. Hill could be good too though. Far better than Ridley

Astonishing Member

If he knocks it out of the park, would it be too much to ask that he takes over from Ridley since they seem dead set on not hiring Redjack? I loved the Killmonger mini.
    Whether she’s the Panther or not in the comics or in the MCU Shuri ain’t going nowhere lol. As long as she stays her lane I don’t think T’Challa fans should have an issue with her. If the best they could come up with is turning her int Q I honestly don’t care too much as long as writers develop other ways of showcasing the king’s intelligence. Which shouldn’t be hard because you don’t always need to be in a lab to do science and scientific knowledge isn’t the only type of intelligence to begin with.

But really if this issue just focuses on T’Challa being the greater warrior in Wakanda and delving into the mysticism of his god then I’ll be happy. Literally the fact we didn’t have a preview chock full of shitty Coates and Ridley- OCs means this probably won’t be bad based on Hill’s history. Just a conventional, respectful T’Challa story with unique challenges and new things to say about the character.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Whether she’s the Panther or not in the comics or in the MCU Shuri ain’t going nowhere lol. As long as she stays her lane I don’t think T’Challa fans should have an issue with her. If the best they could come up with is turning her int Q I honestly don’t care too much as long as writers develop other ways of showcasing the king’s intelligence. Which shouldn’t be hard because you don’t always need to be in a lab to do science and scientific knowledge isn’t the only type of intelligence to begin with.

But really if this issue just focuses on T’Challa being the greater warrior in Wakanda and delving into the mysticism of his god then I’ll be happy. Literally the fact we didn’t have a preview chock full of shitty Coates and Ridley- OCs means this probably won’t be bad based on Hill’s history. Just a conventional, respectful T’Challa story with unique challenges and new things to say about the character.
    im starving for aything halfway decent id buy it even if its completely by the numbers with good art lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    Black Panther Unconquered preview:
    https://aiptcomics.com/2022/11/03/ex...r-conquered-1/

We'll see how this turns out.
    The art looks good and no one is scolding T'Challa or complaining about secrets. Best T'Challa book of the month.

It shouldn't be too much to ask that the hero of the book be competent and do great things in his own book. And yet, when it comes to Black Panther, we have to ask.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

A good example to that would be Batman and his relationship with Lucius Fox

Lucius who is very smart himself provides new equipment to Bruce but Bruce also modifies and creates his own tech as well, Lucius provides good help to him. And Lucius' talents lie strictly within technology, otherwise the fields of detective work including chemistry and tracking is all Bruce's own.

Sort of like how Shuri can make all kinds of new vibranium gadgets but **** like "how to cure Galactus" and just generally all the **** that happens in Ultimates is out of Shuri's field of engineering and into stuff like theoretical physics.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    im starving for aything halfway decent id buy it even if its completely by the numbers with good art lol
    Right? Like give me a standard by the books story, and IDGAF. I just want something good and not any of this bullisht that's been plaguing the solo for 6 years

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Yea, been too long since we had good solo T'Challa content. Hopefully Hill keeps building on what he did with the Killmonger mini with the gods and all that. It was some of the most refreshing stuff introduced in the dark ages of the Coates era and it deserves more panels.

I'd like to see T'Challa actually develop a relationship with the gods (though I don't want to see too much of them to keep up their mystique). Let's see him interpret messages from them and explore how he's uniquely positioned as KoTD and champion of Bast to represent their interests. Anything would be a step up from the last few years of bad writing.

Yea, been too long since we had good solo T'Challa content. Hopefully Hill keeps building on what he did with the Killmonger mini with the gods and all that. It was some of the most refreshing stuff introduced in the dark ages of the Coates era and it deserves more panels.

I'd like to see T'Challa actually develop a relationship with the gods (though I don't want to see too much of them to keep up their mystique). Let's see him interpret messages from them and explore how he's uniquely positioned as KoTD and champion of Bast to represent their interests. Anything would be a step up from the last few years of bad writing.
    I’d really love to see more of the Wakandan gods. And speaking of gods, it’s a shame Aaron never did anything meaningful with the Red Panther powerup.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

I’d really love to see more of the Wakandan gods. And speaking of gods, it’s a shame Aaron never did anything meaningful with the Red Panther powerup.
    Granted I wouldn't trust Aaron to write atheists.

He's a very 2000s sort atheist and hates the idea of Gods and magic.

Astonishing Member

Yea, I don't wanna see them too often but every now and then they should be popping up and interacting with T'Challa in some way. The Red Panther thing was cool too but I agree with Mantis, I'm not too sure based on Aaron's past writing that he'd have a good handle on the gods lol. If another writer brought it up though that'd be great because T'Challa needs a new mystical habit and I always found the Thrice Blessed Armor weird.

Incredible Member

Wakanda Forever had it's London premiere..
    Any social media reactions from London?
    Last edited by Dariel81; 11-03-2022 at 05:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    A good example to that would be Batman and his relationship with Lucius Fox

Lucius who is very smart himself provides new equipment to Bruce but Bruce also modifies and creates his own tech as well, Lucius provides good help to him. And Lucius' talents lie strictly within technology, otherwise the fields of detective work including chemistry and tracking is all Bruce's own.

Sort of like how Shuri can make all kinds of new vibranium gadgets but **** like "how to cure Galactus" and just generally all the **** that happens in Ultimates is out of Shuri's field of engineering and into stuff like theoretical physics.
    That's honestly what I was expecting to happen in the BP movie. But it never happened.

Honestly in recent memory, Redjack is the best example of how to write super genius siblings. Writers should look at what he did in KiB, and use that was as their blueprint for writing them together (if Shuri needs to show up) and differentiate between the two

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    I mean, its almost like folks don't care about her UNLESS she's getting shine from her brother...

But maybe I'm wrong, here's her thread:
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...reciation-2022

Unless there's some weird record trying to be made, how long a character's thread can be IGNORED (last post July) while said character has a major motion picture coming out?
    Because it was NEVER about HER but what she represented-that black girl magic at the expense if her brother.

It's not like she was NOT active at all this year.

She has 2 novels coming out this year.

Along with a Little Golden Book.

She has been active in the main book and Wakanda Forever.

She has merchandise in stores.

She is the lead in the movie.

So where is the activity???

That won't stop running in here to lecture T'Challa fans.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Martin Freeman cant help himself