Page 878 of 955 FirstFirst ... 378778828868874875876877878879880881882888928 ... LastLast
Results 13,156 to 13,170 of 14314

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Wow! It's been three weeks and people are still pressed, I see. I guess there'll be angst and misery over this movie until news of the third movie is released.
    Nothing unusual for people that are actual fans of the character/ IP. What has been to T'Challa in the movie medium and written comic medium is just reckless and trifling. Guaranteed not happening to any major white male character. What do you expect them to do?
    Last edited by dkrook; 12-04-2022 at 07:11 PM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Not keep looking for reasons to keep their misery alive and well, even if they truly believe there is nothing to celebrate.
    For some who swore up and down they'll never pay to see the movie they sure have a lot to say about it...long after it's been released. As a Black Panther fan myself, this thread is depressing and depressive AF.

But carry on, wallow if you all must.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 12-04-2022 at 08:50 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Not keep looking for reasons to keep their misery alive and well, even if they truly believe there is nothing to celebrate.
    For some who swore up and down they'll never pay to see the movie they sure have a lot to say about it...long after it's been released. As a Black Panther fan myself, this thread is depressing and depressive AF.

But carry on, wallow if you all must.
    T'Challa is literally dead in the MCU for a 2nd and final time and the comics side is doing everything it can to make him look as pathetic, weak and useless as possible. What, you expect people to rant and rave about how awesome it is that he's been completely mistreated since Hudlin left?

Killmonger is a psychopathic, sociopathic butcher and mass-murderer.

He was created to be that in the comics and has remained so in every media iteration since his creation.

he was not an anti-hero. he was nothing and no one to emulate.

it's pathetic that our subculture is so broken that many actually have the nerve to claim he was right.

he was not.

he was a monster who got a better death than he deserved.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    T'Challa is literally dead in the MCU for a 2nd and final time and the comics side is doing everything it can to make him look as pathetic, weak and useless as possible. What, you expect people to rant and rave about how awesome it is that he's been completely mistreated since Hudlin left?
    I guess so.

While everyone else can throw fits when it's done to their favorites.

Talking about box office or merchandise is not the same as buying a ticket to the movie.

Because there are things Disney did NOT do for this movie that was done for the first.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post

He was created to be that in the comics and has remained so in every media iteration since his creation.

it's pathetic that our subculture is so broken that many actually have the nerve to claim he was right.

he was not.

And the irony that many seem to miss is that, from the MCU side, he wasn't even the first one to bring up Wakanda doing more. It was Nakia, and her idea made far more sense that Wakanda trying to face the world in a half baked plan.

It still should of been T'Challas ideas and been a clash of T'Challas more diplomatic approach to helping vs Eriks colonizing, which them getting into a philosophical as well as physical altercation. Making T'Challa the "Bad guy" in the moral argument was a disservice and simply made T'Challa lesser to make Kilmonger seem more sympathetic. It literally did T'Challa zero favors

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    I guess so.

While everyone else can throw fits when it's done to their favorites.

Talking about box office or merchandise is not the same as buying a ticket to the movie.

Because there are things Disney did NOT do for this movie that was done for the first.
    There were things that did NOT do for the first that they WOULD have if any other white hero hit as hard as T'Challa did for his debut solo. Event's, games, multiple comic's, animation etc etc. T'Challa? Gets Coates and Ridley... Redjack did what he could be they didn't give him the keys like they should have

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post

he was not.

Exactly.

The movie even went out of its way to show how much of a bastard he was by him killing his own girlfriend when he didn’t have to.

I think the problem nowadays is that people try too hard to connect to the sympathetic villain. Just because a villain is sympathetic doesn’t mean they are not still a villain.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    No,certain random youtubers are saying phase 4 is overall disappointment and are a loud minority,and most folks do not agree to that.
    Phase 4 is not a disaster.
    Now let's compare since you said have seen the critics scores.

If you look at critic scores from critics below phase 4 is the strongest phase on average for them,and it has not been a creative mess.

MCU phase 4 canon comicbook movies and shows ratings update.
    Critics and Audience Consensus

Lets's compare to another phase for example.

Phase 2

Phase 4 is the strongest so far for AUDIENCE and critics but THE main reason is because of THE DISNEY PLUS shows.
    Take the shows out then phase 3 is the strongest for critics and AUDIENCES.
    Take the phase 4 movies out and leave the phase 4 shows then phase 4 is the strongest.

Phase 4 anyway has been the most creative and the most experimental phase yet.
    It's also the phase that made the most money at the box office after phase 3.

Folks who are saying phase 4 is not as good as past phases and a disappointment are a loud minority(on the internet for example) and what they say do not match up with what the scores are on rt.
    In real life most the audience think phase 4 is the best phase(combination tv and movies)looking at the new recent RT SCORES for phase 4 most critics think phase 4 is the best phase so far too (combination tv shows and movies).

MCU still doing fine critic wise and audience wise. In fact critic and audience wise phase 4 is the strongest phase. Now the box office overall is down because of varied reasons the past few years and china etc..but it's still making more money on average then phase 1 and 2 and all thier shows are still major hits.There shows are doing better then the dc shows on average and liked more on average then dc and past mcu shows,including the mcu netflix shows that were made under disney but not marvel studios.
    Phase 4 movies also has less movies at the box office then phase 3,so another reason it the movies made less money at the box office then phase 3 on average.

Oh and my point still stands dealing with black panther 2 from the past replies i posted about the boxoffice etc...
    You missed the very clear part where I said I don't care what youtubers are saying.

I. Have. Made. My. Own. Opinion. Based. On. What I. Have. Seen...

Phase 4 is largely trash. GoT season 8 is hated and yet the viewership is not only one of the highest in the series but in general fir any TV show, doesn't mean its good. In fact, season 8 alone for many people ruined the entire series. The MCU's phase 4 is largely trash and if anyone thinks differently, good for them. Most of Phase 4 was either terrible, not worth watching or couldn't hold on to viewership as far as I'm concerned. The creativity has been lazy and half assed.

WandaVision, Loki, Shang-Chi, No Way Home were all good everything else was either mediocre or just terrible with Love and Thunder being the biggest offender. Even Hemsworth came out and practically trashed the film and TW.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    BP2 international gross stands at $733m after this weekend.

Hilariously I’ve seen folks on some other forums half-joke that Marvel will likely bring back T’Challa for the next BP film. That really is the only way to get the franchise back on track and this point.

However, except they go the multiverse, superaging route I can’t see how that happens. Also, killing off Ramonda was a bad, bad decision. Death shouldn’t be the thing the BP movies are associated with. Not to mention it’s a very bad decision to kill off one of the franchise’s strongest supporting characters.

Black people are already dealing with enough real “trauma” in real life, we don’t need to watch it in our superhero movies. Also, I can’t imagine the Spider-man or Superman movies killing off major supporting characters. The only Spider-man movie to do that was The Amazing Spider-man 2 and that film was rubbish.
    No Way Home killed off May Parker.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    [B] I don't think Ramonda would have died if Chad was still alive. I honestly don't.
    I doubt that. Superhero stories love killing off parents.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

On a funny note, I have an idea if you ever have BP interacting with the Egyptian pantheon, you should give him some scenes with Thoth

As a reference to how Chadwick Boseman played Thoth in the Gods of Egypt film. Awful film in general from the writing, to the special effects, and of course he's the token black guy in an all white cast centered around the Egyptian Pantheon (Oh yeah there was huge controversy about that), but as expected he was one of the high points of the films. Chadwick's ability to make the most of even crap should never be in doubt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dp2MR9fswWk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUYNZo-8cDM

I think it be a fun tribute

I think there are only like 5 of us in here that didn't break lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    LOL. As I suspected. (it's probably less, no judgment)
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I said I wasn't gonna see it and I meant it. Honestly I'm tired of the movie talk in general but luckily I will have the Black Panther by Priest Omnibus this week to keep me occupied.

Mighty Member

No T'Challa so I won't see it. I also wouldn't to go to a Sherlock Holmes movie about Watson.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.