Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    LOL! Someone actually did that Old Spice Guy commercial with Namor.

https://textsfromsuperheroes.com/pos...14581362/namor
    LOL, pure perfection of Namor. I sure hope Namor sticks around in the MCU after Wakanda Forever. I must see Namor try to steal Sue in true alpha male form XD
    Here's Val by herself.

The true queen of Asgard! I so want to see her slay a beast with that little Dragonfang.

LOL! Someone actually did that Old Spice Guy commercial with Namor.

https://textsfromsuperheroes.com/pos...14581362/namor
    Hahaha, this is too funny.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Here's Val by herself.

Thanks, Rev! I am appreciating Val solo here and enlarged!

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSS! Let's GO! WHOO! I only got gambit let to go which i will read tomorrow but this here, this here was the book of the weak. This is the phoenix done right, this is balance added to the phoenix which is sure to bring change as it has bigger things to do. This is Tigra getting some respect slapped on it, Adam getting some respect slapped on it. I never knew i wanted to see the Beyonder hit a phoenix in the head with a blender but i got a real good laugh out of it. This issue is just genius. So much building and fixing and putting into it's right place. Damn this was good.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

It's just so hard to pick a fave page from this book too because the art is just taken for granted stunning. like you just take for granted how beautiful it is until you don't and go "ooooohhh"

spoilers:
    defendersroar.jpg
    defendersroar0.jpg
    end of spoilers
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    YAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSS! Let's GO! WHOO! I only got gambit let to go which i will read tomorrow but this here, this here was the book of the weak. This is the phoenix done right, this is balance added to the phoenix which is sure to bring change as it has bigger things to do. This is Tigra getting some respect slapped on it, Adam getting some respect slapped on it. I never knew i wanted to see the Beyonder hit a phoenix in the head with a blender but i got a real good laugh out of it. This issue is just genius. So much building and fixing and putting into it's right place. Damn this was good.
    It's just so hard to pick a fave page from this book too because the art is just taken for granted stunning. like you just take for granted how beautiful it is until you don't and go "ooooohhh"

spoilers:
    defendersroar.jpg
    defendersroar0.jpg
    end of spoilers
    Glad you are enjoying it! Thank you for posting the scenes.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Haven't been keeping up with this second series, as I'm trade waiting, but Javier Rodriguez's art is awesome!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

I'm glad some like it.

Ewing sort of lost me when he brought back the Tiger God for, like, the 3rd time in a series (and always when Blue Marvel is on the team) as a Deus Ex to make a street level character relevant at the cosmic level. But whatever. As long as the rest of the fanbase is eating it up and units are moving out the door in record numbers, I'll just sigh deeply and keep it moving. Hopefully the last two issues give me that "triumphant, epic adventure" feel.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I'm glad some like it.

Ewing sort of lost me when he brought back the Tiger God for, like, the 3rd time in a series (and always when Blue Marvel is on the team) as a Deus Ex to make a street level character relevant at the cosmic level. But whatever. As long as the rest of the fanbase is eating it up and units are moving out the door in record numbers, I'll just sigh deeply and keep it moving. Hopefully the last two issues give me that "triumphant, epic adventure" feel.
    Tigra already proved herself on the cosmic front in Avengers Infinity
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

The book sounds good--I hope that trend continues.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Tigra already proved herself on the cosmic front in Avengers Infinity
    Nevertheless, the gimmick came out and Ewing went with the Tiger God avatar nonsense. Wonder why.

Haven't been keeping up with this second series, as I'm trade waiting, but Javier Rodriguez's art is awesome!
    I'm currently reading the first Ewing TPB. The story is OK, nothing to write home about, IMHO, but Ok. It definitle has a Defenders feel to it, but the art certainly is breathtaking. A treat in itself. Probably will get this second one in TPB, even if I find the line-up less atractive and "Defendery."

Peace

I'm currently re-reading the two New Defenders Epic Collection TPBs. I'm almost halfway through the first. I have to say, I really liked that team. However, many consider it a too radical change from what the original Defenders were. However, I do think it could have been much better. First, we have the change of writer, which resulted in a drastic change of direction and tone to the book. DeMatties seemed set in making the New Defender a mix of the X-Men and the Avengers, and his first arc, establishing the team, showing them working side-by-side with Nick Fury and S.H.I.E.L.D., and giving them worthy adversaries in the form of Professor Power (which I think he intended to be the Magneto or the Kang of the New Defenders, and I do think he had a lot of potential), The Secret Empire and it's roll of super-human operatives, was, IMHO, the best of the series. However, DeMatties left soon after the arc concluded (I'm not familair with the backstage happening here. I don't know if his leaving was voluntary or editorially mandated), and Peter B. Gillis replaced him, giving the team and it's adventures a much more wierder vibe, with odd menances instead of regular foes and villains. Then, we have the art. I was already kind of tired of Don Perlin's art on the Defenders, always finding his work competent, though not very exciting. The New Defenders started out with a slew of artists that could have, and should have, taken over the book. Alan Kupperberg (which, for me, was a surprisingly exciting and good fit for the book in it's early days ), Sal Buscema (still in a great phase of his carreeer), Mike Zeck (awsome) and even Luke McDonnel (who later on did a very good looking fill-in issue). However, sadly, Perlin soon returned as the regular penciler, aided by the overpowering inks of Kim Demulder. It was a good fit for the darker stories that Gillis was telling, and there were some pretty good visulas that showed that he was trying really hard, however, IMHO, Perlin lacked the immagination to design the wierd menances that the team were facing, making them very dull-looking, especially when dealing with aliens and advanced technology. Could another artist given the team a longer run? Maybe. All in all, while Defenders continued being a very unique book in the Marvel line, however, it proved to no longer being so popular without the Big Guns, and soon was replaced by yet another Mutant book (X-Factor), with it's non-mutant characters being written-off for quite a while. So, what are people's opinions on the book? Did you prefer DeMattie or Gillis? What did you think of the direction the book took? Did you like the art? Did you prefer another artist?

Peace

PS: Forgot to mention the covers. The New Defenders had some of the most striking covers on the shelves at the time. Really beautiful stuff.
    Last edited by Nomads1; 10-14-2022 at 12:48 PM.

Issue 4 was so good!

This time we're charting the could-be-would-be words, and I loved how it linked up with the gap-space Slott's Silver Surfer explored during 2015's Secret Wars.

This is continuity in storytelling I haven't seen since...Waid's peak? Maybe even Starlin.

I'm urging y'all to try it out, if you haven't. ANAD Ultimates energy right here.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Of_X View Post
    Issue 4 was so good!

This time we're charting the could-be-would-be words, and I loved how it linked up with the gap-space Slott's Silver Surfer explored during 2015's Secret Wars.

This is continuity in storytelling I haven't seen since...Waid's peak? Maybe even Starlin.

I'm urging y'all to try it out, if you haven't. ANAD Ultimates energy right here.
    Welcome to CBR and to the Dynamic Defenders, Alex_Of_X!

I have not picked it up yet, but I am encouraged by the good reports.