Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 162223242526

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Hey Alex!

Sounds like you really enjoyed these issues! Indeed, they are some of the best! I liked Val's return to Coobler's Roost, Vermont, climbing down from the hillside and the townspeople she meets.

The artwork is spectacular! Notice how beautiful, chic, '70's Hip and vunerable Val is in normal garb, while beautiful, strong and skilled in her Valkyrie garb.
    Sure did, Phoenix! And yeah, Sal's the best. He's got a really good eye for fabric: the clothes characters wear all crease and stretch and tear. The Serpent's speech page above is a good example. Also, he makes the talking head scenes really sing.

Off topic, notice the "Don't tread on me" poster over Head Serpent's head. Gerber really went "Subtlety? I hardly knew her!"

Love it

Astonishing Member

Just wait until Klaus Jansen comes on board to ink Sal (and Gil Kane in at least one of the Giants). Took the art to a whole new level. Jansen is probably best known from inking Frank Miller's run on Daredevil but he was no less brilliant on Defenders.

I just wish he had inked all of Keith Giffen's run -- which often looked too much like a bad imitation of Jack Kirby after Klaus departed the series.