Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    Ross always portrays a very powerful looking, even dangerous (though still heroic) Hammond. No one else can touch his Human Torch. He does it so well, you can even tell right away if he's depicting Jim Hammond as the Torch or Johnny Storm.

Indeed. Couldn't agree with you more. I LOVE how he's able to differentiate between the two...

Human Torch
    (Johnny Storm)

Human Torch
    (Jim Hammond)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    I remember missing Union Jack and Spitfire in this, when it came out.

Peace
    Two great characters! Spitfire hasn't been seen in quite a while. I wish Marvel Legends would produce a figure of her.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    Always loved the Liberty Legion especially when tcey fought the Invaders.
    I'm quite fond of them as well. I do wish that Thomas hadn't scaled Miss America's powers back so much. She should have had retained super strength at least.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Two great characters! Spitfire hasn't been seen in quite a while. I wish Marvel Legends would produce a figure of her.
    For some reason I thought we did have a Spitfire action figure ... I think I was confusing her and Firestar.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I'm quite fond of them as well. I do wish that Thomas hadn't scaled Miss America's powers back so much. She should have had retained super strength at least.
    What else did he cut back on?
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    For some reason I thought we did have a Spitfire action figure ... I think I was confusing her and Firestar.

What else did he cut back on?
    No, no Spitfire figure out that I am aware.

Mostly everything. Besides losing her super-strength, Miss America also lost her Atomic Vision and some of her normal eyesight to the point of needing eyeglasses, even while in costume (which is why she sometimes is drawn with them). Her Hyper-Intelligence was also downplayed. Miss A's flight was relegated to just high-kicking jumps.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

One of the anniversary pages from Marvel Comics 1000, I believe. Art by Ron Garney. Though I think it officially recognizes All Winners Squad, not the Invaders.

Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

^^^That's a great image. For what it's worth, the Ron Garney version of Cap is an all-time favorite (XD)

Astonishing Member

While I like to see Invaders reunions in present day, I don't think a long-term Invaders book set in the 2000s is as good as one set during WWII. I guess too many readers don't like period settings, but I'd love to see more tales set in that era -- it's possibly the most interesting era in man's history.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    ^^^That's a great image. For what it's worth, the Ron Garney version of Cap is an all-time favorite (XD)
    His style has evolved over the years. Is that image from Sentinel of Liberty? I thought that run was a little loose, but very bold.

Extraordinary Member

They royally screwed Toro back in that Inhumans push. He was actually described in universe as a mutant by the Mad Thinker.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    His style has evolved over the years. Is that image from Sentinel of Liberty? I thought that run was a little loose, but very bold.
    That image actually came from...

Captain America #454

Last edited by K7P5V; 01-17-2022 at 06:35 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

All-New Member

Early Epting!

And this one reminds me — Did John Byrne ever draw a full-fledged Invaders story or only pinups and single-frame flashbacks? I remember he brought back Jim Hammond in Avengers West Coast where he met Cap again, and there was the Namor series with an Invaders cover — but if i recall correctly that was a fake-out and there was no full reunion then.

Oh, and second the fascination with Union Jack! Ever since that Baron Blood story by Stern and Byrne in Cap #254.

Loved invaders as a kid. Picked up the older issues for cheap at our towns comic shop in the 80s.

For covers--

One of the first what if stories made canon.

[IMG][/IMG]

Also return of the invaders and spitefire is turned into a teen (that lasts a full second before she is aged back to a adult) and torch gives the fantastic four torch his blessing for using the name.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Trevacious View Post
    Early Epting!

And this one reminds me — Did John Byrne ever draw a full-fledged Invaders story or only pinups and single-frame flashbacks? I remember he brought back Jim Hammond in Avengers West Coast where he met Cap again, and there was the Namor series with an Invaders cover — but if i recall correctly that was a fake-out and there was no full reunion then.

Oh, and second the fascination with Union Jack! Ever since that Baron Blood story by Stern and Byrne in Cap #254.

I think that Marvel Universe run is often over looked, and it's a solid Invaders story set during the war.

I think the Invaders arc in Byrne's Namor book IS an Invaders story, it is just set in the present

I do wish we'd get more Invaders stories with the British members.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Loved invaders as a kid. Picked up the older issues for cheap at our towns comic shop in the 80s.

For covers--

One of the first what if stories made canon.

[IMG]
    I do love this classic Gil Kane cover. They look awesome!

https://twitter.com/almosthomefree/s...666137600?s=20

A lovely commission of Agent Carter by Nickolej Villiger.

Now that I see this, I'm reminded of how much I wanted to see a team up with the Invaders in the TV show. Of course, we could still get that in the comics...