Page 309 of 473 FirstFirst ... 209259299305306307308309310311312313319359409 ... LastLast
Results 4,621 to 4,635 of 7090

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Honestly, I'm living my best life as a Jean fan right now. So much deliciousness is lined up for her...

Agreed! But I haven't forgotten that it wasn't too long ago that Marvel bent over backwards to keep her dead. Now, she has such a prominent place in the X-Men comics. And she regularly kicks ass in the mainline titles with other X-Women. After all those years hoping for her return, these past few years have just been so satisfying.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Agreed! But I haven't forgotten that it wasn't too long ago that Marvel bent over backwards to keep her dead. Now, she has such a prominent place in the X-Men comics. And she regularly kicks ass in the mainline titles with other X-Women. After all those years hoping for her return, these past few years have just been so satisfying.
    Aw. I love to hear you say the truth! I know in some ways her years under Hickman were rough, but we've turned the corner, and we haven't even begun to see the love and developments she's going to be getting. It makes me tingle all over.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Before I go burry myself under a pile of books, I just wanted to share this beautiful little moment from Uncanny X-Men #2 (2018):

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Honestly, I'm living my best life as a Jean fan right now. So much deliciousness is lined up for her...

I agree. I'm spinning around with you. I'm optimistic but I also have difficulties forgetting the years between "Endsong" and "Resurrection"...I know you liked at least Bendis' work, but for me those have been the worst comicbooks I have ever read....So, I'm happy that the last years have given us so many wonderful new Jean moments and that the next years will probably even get better and better. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    same! Sending you Jean fan hugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I agree. I'm spinning around with you.
    Aw. ::clasps both your hands and spins::

I'm optimistic but I also have difficulties forgetting the years between "Endsong" and "Resurrection"...I know you liked at least Bendis' work, but for me those have been the worst comicbooks I have ever read....So, I'm happy that the last years have given us so many wonderful new Jean moments and that the next years will probably even get better and better. :-)
    Gasp! Jean's time displacement arc will forever remain one of my favorite facets of her history. So rich, so moving, so respectful yet also additive to her history. As I've said before, the work of Bendis, Bunn, Hopeless et al. was just ::chef's kiss:: When you have time, I implore you to give that era another go.

same! Sending you Jean fan hugs.

:BIG HUG:

BANNED

I don't think Jean as Phoenix is too powerful. I do think the Xoffice didn't want Phoenix around for the first part of Hickman's run because she could have detected Moira's reboots of the timeline. Plus certain things like the XMen making Mars a habitable planet. It was nice to see Omega mutants, including Jean as a part of that process, instead of simply summoning a cosmic entity.

Now with the Eternals and Celestials coming in, if there is any time for Jean to reclaim the Phoenix, now would be it.

Aw. I love to hear you say the truth! I know in some ways her years under Hickman were rough, but we've turned the corner, and we haven't even begun to see the love and developments she's going to be getting. It makes me tingle all over.
    You know I'm all-a-tingle too!
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 06-28-2022 at 10:11 AM.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Jean is so powerful as herself right now, it makes my head spin!

But in a dire time of need, they may allow Jean to become Phoenix again!

Some say Jean does not need this boost, but then they will downplay Jean's powers. I say, just relax, Jean is already extremely powerful. And if Jean does become Phoenix again, even if for just a short time, then enjoy it! I know I will. I am already enjoying it all.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    You know I'm all-a-tingle too!

Some say Jean does not need this boost, but then they will downplay Jean's powers. I say, just relax, Jean is already extremely powerful. And if Jean does become Phoenix again, even if for just a short time, then enjoy it! I know I will. I am already enjoying it all.
    I swear, I need to shrink and carry you everywhere in my pocket. 🥹

I swear, I need to shrink and carry you everywhere in my pocket. ��
    Ahahaha! That is so nice! If you do, I will be sure to tickle you.

Ahahaha! That is so nice! If you do, I will be sure to tickle you.
    omfg. I can't with you. 🥹🥹🥹🥹🥹🥹🥹🥹🥹🥹🥹🥹🥹🥹🥹🥹🥹🥹🥹

I would love it!

Also, it looks like we'll be getting two Jean appearances tomorrow, both in XM: Red #4 and Wolverine: Patch #3. I hope she has a substantial scene in Red.

Quote Originally Posted by The Regent View Post
    Who is this bald lady?
    new unrelated character, x-men 2099

BANNED

I am too. And the fact they did a cosmic redemption storyline for her already, before they address Phoenix issues in September.

I actually think Marvel on a number of it's major characters in XMen does listen to fan opinion overall. Like people thought Storm had been sidelined and she ends up becoming the Regent of Mars. People thought Jean had been sidelined and put in the horrible green dress. Now she is out of the dress, a powerhouse again, and they are going to address whatever her connection to the Phoenix is in September.

Positivity and CONSTRUCTIVE criticism works.

People say they don’t want Jean to become Phoenix again, but then complain when Marvel throws the Phoenix around to everyone else like a one size fits all dress. It’s Jean’s dress! She wore it and will always wear it better than anyone else. Stop worrying about her power levels. When she pushes her powers, that’s what she is. When Carol Danvers goes into binary mode, nobody complains.