Page 69 of 473 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379119169 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 7090

Well Lord knows I complained about the dress, but it wasn’t that I had a problem with Jean wearing a dress, it was that Jean was wearing her out dated classic minidress when most others had modern costumes. She was relegated to MarvelGiRL status. The dress was fine, in the past! But it looked stupid next to everyone else’s modern costumes. The yellow dish washing gloves and horrible mask have no business being used for a modern Jean. Now had Jean been given a mask less dress like Polaris then I would not have complained. She’s Jean Grey, she doesn’t need a mask to conceal her identity. Also, I like Jean in green and gold, not green and yellow.

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I do like Marvel Woman. I don't think it sounds clunky at all--not like some other suggested names for Jean have been.

But I did not know old Maddy Pryor had used it before, so I don't want Jean using a recycled name of another character.
    Madelyne is a derivative character using a derivative codename. Jean is the original Marvel Girl. "Marvel Woman" belongs to her. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    The issue about the dress was more complicated than "girl clothes = bad".

Personally, I like Jean as high, high, high femme, but the dress was literally antiquated, and more importantly, the thinking behind it was old-fashioned and so it was metaphorically antiquated. IMO. Mahmud Asrar had Jean looking very womanly outside of the UN meeting and her hero costume.

Besides all that, who seriously flies in a skirt?
    Polaris does but her current look isnt a problem bc its very modern and sleek looking

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelboy1974 View Post
    Well Lord knows I complained about the dress, but it wasn’t that I had a problem with Jean wearing a dress, it was that Jean was wearing her out dated classic minidress when most others had modern costumes. She was relegated to MarvelGiRL status. The dress was fine, in the past! But it looked stupid next to everyone else’s modern costumes. The yellow dish washing gloves and horrible mask have no business being used for a modern Jean. Now had Jean been given a mask less dress like Polaris then I would not have complained. She’s Jean Grey, she doesn’t need a mask to conceal her identity. Also, I like Jean in green and gold, not green and yellow.
    Well the mask wasnt to conceal her identity. It was there for the visual

All-New Member

Edit, gotten beaten to the punch trying to get the images posted.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Damn. We’re being fed! 😭❤️🙏🏼

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Astonishing Member

I've always been partial to trying a name like "Renaissance" or something like that. It means revival or rebirth so keeps with that theme of her while providing a little distance from calling herself the Phoenix so like, she can still be the woman who's come back from the dead and who's reinvented herself multiple times without having to quibble about is she technically considered the Phoenix right now or not, is there another Phoenix right now, etc. Be like fine whatever, irrelevant, she's still a figure of rebirth and revitalization. Plus Renaissance conjures themes of art and learning specifically, a revitalization of ideas or innovation or culture, all of which leans into Jean's long history as a teacher and key figure in mutant movements. And then there's the added element that the terms 'renaissance man' or 'renaissance woman' specifically have been used to denote someone being a jack of all trades, having multiple skills or talents, which also speaks to the overall utility and breadth of power that Jean represents via her TP and TK, not to mention her many other skills and roles she's filled at times: warrior, teacher, mother, leader, etc, etc, etc. She's a Renaissance of thought and ideas and life. Also I think it goes pretty well with the kinda regal air of her current green and gold look.

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    The peach momoko take is beautiful. But whoever drew the other one made her tiara too thick, it look like a helmet. And she looks top heavy for no reason.

I love how they are all admiring Jean! (As well they should, lol!)
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    The peach momoko take is beautiful. But whoever drew the other one made her tiara too thick, it look like a helmet. And she looks top heavy for no reason.
    It makes her look like an Eternal...lol

eta: I accidentally posted this in the other thread but meant that for here

Considering how central Jean appears to be in Judgement Day, I need them to do an homage to her Judgement War cover

Last edited by Havok83; 02-01-2022 at 01:48 PM.

Lukas Werneck and Valerio Schiti are begging Marvel to let them do Jean variant covers! I have to rush to class but check my Twitter feed: https://mobile.twitter.com/Jean_RED_Grey/with_replies
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I do like Marvel Woman. I don't think it sounds clunky at all--not like some other suggested names for Jean have been.

But I did not know old Maddy Pryor had used it before, so I don't want Jean using a recycled name of another character.
    She was from another universe, and slowly turned into the Goblin Queen and dropped the Marvel Woman name.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Besides all that, who seriously flies in a skirt?
    I'd fly in a skirt, but it'd have to be black or red.

Fantastic Member

I'm happy we got a cover with the semi-old new costume, and can't wait to see many more.

I also hope we get a "Jean puts current Phoenix user in check" moment like she got with future Quentin Quire in Battle of the Atom. No hate against Echo (though I still think she's way better as a fighter, after all she introduced me to Ronin one of my more well liked enduring concepts of "hero incognito as another hero" - speaking of which if you remember when Mutant Zero was teased as Jean in The Initiative it's very much a similar concept) but I still want it, lol
    Last edited by Rising7; 02-01-2022 at 02:46 PM.

No no no!!! They make it look like a power ranger armor. That’s really bad version of Dauterman‘s design. Uff, bad start.