Page 249 of 473 FirstFirst ... 149199239245246247248249250251252253259299349 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,735 of 7090
    Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    I STAND MUTHAF*ING CORRECTED! Jean was always that bitch when it came to TK.

But damn, now I'm wondering why Morrison decided to lower her TK? Like what was the reason lol? Not like Beast or the flatsca---humans could do anything.
    That panel is from one of the first issues of Morrison's run. She was just regaining her tk. In-story, one could argue it wasn't at its strongest yet.

But the most simple, real-world explanation is that, unfortunately, the power levels of most (if not all) characters change according to the writer.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    That panel is from one of the first issues of Morrison's run. She was just regaining her tk. In-story, one could argue it wasn't at its strongest yet.
    Very good point! I had forgotten about the temporary loss of her telekinesis. I still think it can be argued that Morrison underplayed her telekinesis to make her later telekinetic feats all the more impactful, much like Claremont had done when describing her as "once the weakest X-Man," even though there is plenty of evidence from the initial run of the series substantiating that she was one of the strongest members.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post

But the most simple, real-world explanation is that, unfortunately, the power levels of most (if not all) characters change according to the writer.
    This right here. Its not unlike comatose patients that wake up and have to go to physical therapy as they regain the use of their limbs after an extended time of non-use. Jean hadnt used her TK in months. If you think of it like a muscle, it makes sense why it initially is weaker as she starts to finally use it again

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Very good point! I had forgotten about the temporary loss of her telekinesis. I still think it can be argued that Morrison underplayed her telekinesis to make her later telekinetic feats all the more impactful, much like Claremont had done when describing her as "once the weakest X-Man," even though there is plenty of evidence from the initial run of the series substantiating that she was one of the strongest members.
    Possible. We can never tell for sure what the writers don't know and what they choose to ignore.

Fantastic Member

We can simply have this…😏

Or they can just say, Jean's telekinesis is a by product of her telepathy, and as such has the same limitation.

And the mechanics of Exodus Telekinesis is based on his ego (isn't that how his works). His powers were due to Apocalypse's tampering.
    Quire's omega levelness was reached because of the kick drug.

Jean is all natural from day 1

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    This right here. Its not unlike comatose patients that wake up and have to go to physical therapy as they regain the use of their limbs after an extended time of non-use. Jean hadnt used her TK in months. If you think of it like a muscle, it makes sense why it initially is weaker as she starts to finally use it again
    She even compares her tk to a "big muscle", yes.

Look at all these Jean feats!

Allow me to add one of my own.

~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Quote Originally Posted by mike7171 View Post
    Or they can just say, Jean's telekinesis is a by product of her telepathy, and as such has the same limitation.

And the mechanics of Exodus Telekinesis is based on his ego (isn't that how his works). His powers were due to Apocalypse's tampering.
    Quire's omega levelness was reached because of the kick drug.

Jean is all natural from day 1
    I mean, ideally, I'd categorize her as an Omega Level Psionic, i.e., per the chart above, Omega Power: Psionics.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I think Jean has only fought Exodus once and he made a joke of her

That was his "the new Big Bad on the block" introduction

But still, Jean wasn't as captive as Exodus thought,able to use subterfuge and constantly relay his status and weaknesses to Xavier

This was annoying though

But by this time he was in full Leader of the Acolytes and devoted to Magneto phase...while Jean, as explained after Operation Zero Tolerance, was holding herself back.

I wish this Exodus could have faced Revolution Jean or Morrison Jean or X-Men Red Jean

Psynapse invades Jean’s mind and attempts to ransack her memories, triggering her psychic defenses and unintentionally restoring her telepathy, which had become completely dormant after her return from stasis. She telepathically incapacitates him and telekinetically shuts down Gauntlet. From X-Factor #65 (1991):

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    But still, Jean wasn't as captive as Exodus thought,able to use subterfuge and constantly relay his status and weaknesses to Xavier...But by this time [Exodus] was in full Leader of the Acolytes and devoted to Magneto phase...while Jean, as explained after Operation Zero Tolerance, was holding herself back.

I wish this Exodus could have faced Revolution Jean or Morrison Jean or X-Men Red Jean
    That was the scene I remembered. And absolutely to the rest of your post.

I love the complexity of your mind and the strength it possesses. lol! Your effusiveness is too endearing for words. And, of course, I agree with you!

Ahh, you little cutie! That is thee nicest comment!! I appreciate you appeciating me, lol!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

We can simply have this…😏

I LOVE it! This is a gift!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Here's a little article from ScreenRant on Jean seemingly dropping the moniker:

X-Men Officially Retires an Original Team Member's Codename
    https://screenrant.com/original-xmen...-girl-phoenix/

I was going through my DM history on Twitter today and realized I sent Duggan a long message back in January regarding why it was out of character for Jean to be going by Marvel Girl, along with the pictures below. He never directly responded to those messages, though we did chat back and forth afterward. In either case, I do wonder if her recent declaration in X-Men #11 is meant to indicate that she will no longer be going by Marvel Girl. We'll see...

Also, I've shared Jean's file from "The Apocalypse Manifesto," which was written by Claremont and has Apocalypse commenting on her choice to go by Marvel Girl, with both Duggan and Gillen. It could be telling of her choice to go by the name again in this era.

"That a full-fledged woman in body and mind would continue to allow everyone to call her a girl is psychological testament enough to the divided loyalties which rend her soul."

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Ahh, you little cutie! That is thee nicest comment!! I appreciate you appeciating me, lol!
    ::BIG HUG::

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I LOVE it! This is a gift!
    It truly would be a gift!