Page 169 of 473 FirstFirst ... 69119159165166167168169170171172173179219269 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,535 of 7090
    BANNED

Doesn't he have a plot about a new secret identity or something?

I believe one day Jean Grey will have a plot again. One day. Lmao

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post

I agree with you. One day. Lol.

And I’m not being negative.

BANNED

I mean what is there for Jean to do really? Madelyne is going to take Limbo from Illyana. Jean has already been the protagonist at times. Most recently is was Jeen and then in X-Men Red, the original.

X-Men has her in a book of other omega mutants si they have to show different characters save the day different issues. That’s just how this type of team book is written.

Maybe she will get good fight scenes during Judgement Day. If not, it really is one day. Oh well. Lol.

Duggan's plot in X-men #11 or #12

20220418_183907.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    I agree with you. One day. Lol.

And I’m not being negative.
    My inner fanboy is hoping Jean ends up in Red. What i would give to have her be there as storm right hand. Jean and Magneto interacting, Cable and Jean, Jean getting to let loose her darker side without fear. I feel as the founder of this generation of X-men Jean would really believe in what the Brotherhood want to do for Arrako. Also some of the knowledge she got from latcuca mind could come into play. But that's just like my i really want Jean and Storm in a book together side. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Dauterman just shared this on Instagram…❤️

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post

So pretty with her hair tied up

dauterman = perfect

Love her ponytail. She should rock that look with her new costume!

Thank God for telekinesis keeping that tiara in place lol.

BANNED

They need to lean harder into the nostalgia. Three trip and falls while trying to use her powers every issue.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    Better than Moira’s and Beast’s character assassination, Betsy being stripped of a character (Jean at least retains being a leader with high morals. Give her conflict and she will be fine), Gambit being relegated to just Rogue’s tag along, Sebastian Shaw looking like an incompetent fool, or Xavier and Magneto looking like absolute fools for most of their decisions.

You’re damn right I’m grateful. I’m grateful Jean hasn’t been dumbed down, been relegated to going back on character development like her potential gone or her relationships ruined, or been relegated as always needing the Phoenix to be a powerful character. The only real issue I see if what Tank has brought up before. She needs more challenge and conflict, which can be fixed with a fresh new threat.
    But this is a false equivalence, those characters being written OOC isn't mutually exclusive to Jean's subpar writing for nearly 3 years. There is simply no consistency in her developments. However, for better or worse nearly all of the characters you mentioned have had stories and multiple issues which reflect on how they feel, and how their feelings shifts or influences the narrative. Jean has not, someone said she's centralist and that is such a great way to describe her, Jean is constantly responding to situations very rarely is she proactively addressing them or the narrative is dependent on her view point like her peers.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    Well, don’t be brief about this. Give examples of what you would have done that Duggan could have done. Be specific.

And I didn’t say you wanted her having precedence and stop accusing me of pulling a strawman when what you’re asking for is gonna be the exact result I am describing. I am saying that asking for Jean to do any more than what she already got will take panel space, which taken from other characters who got that panel space for themselves. For example, Tank asked for Jean to not let Laura push her around. That would have taken panel space for Jean to get in a confrontation with Laura about her attitude, whether Laura relents, reacts unfavorably, or dismisses Jean. Don’t act like that isn’t what would happen because we all know exactly Jean doing anything more would take up space that was given to other characters in this story.

I feel like this is a straw man's argument, basically "We should be happy for what we get", the truth is Duggan started off strong but somewhere in the middle the focus shifted and Jean is being used exactly how she has the last few years. She's simply there, you need someone unaware of a situation Jean, you need someone incapable of breaching defenses Jean, you need someone to take a verbal smacking Jean again.

Her relationship with Scott is VASTLY underdeveloped, Duggan did more with Emma/Scott in a few panels than he has with Jean/Scott in nearly 11 issues, her two real plot-points have been "changing" Lorna's vote which was readily resolved, and training Synch which that entire relationship seems to have shifted to Cyclops.

It's true, nearly the entire cast has had a plot-point about their own development except Jean, Synch has focused on his powers, Laura, and has the impending story with the High Evolutionary; Laura has just received a spot light issue which tackled her internal motivations as well as the ongoing plot with Synch, Rogue's plot has certainly ramped up in the last few issues, she's interacting with both Destiny and Gambit with obvious signs of an upcoming story, Cyclops has probably had the most development of any character his relationship to Jean/Emma, his plot with the reporter Ben, his donning the Capt. Krakoa identity, his death, his confidante relationship with Synch, heck even Sunfire has adopted a new home with multiple avenues for development especially with Red launching. Jean is the only one without an ongoing plot!

RANT:

Also I'm tired of being told that character "X" is also being written terrible so we should be happy with the scraps we receive. The simple facts are Jean is not nor has she ever in nearly 2 decades been given the same agency or focus of her peers. She's an A-lister that writers consistently treat like she's D-list, none of her peers are as often inconsequential to the stories they appear. Someone mentioned this is a team book, so was Marauders, so is Red, so is Immortal, so are a lot of books which still develops the majority of its cast. Jean has not had a meaningful interaction in sometime, her costume change wasn't even discussed in the issue it appeared even after Jean mentions it might be something that bothers her. Heck, Cyclops was murdered in full view of the public, and the issue spends more time with Emma reflecting on it, I don't even think Jean mentions it.

It's not about Jean monopolizing the narrative, but she should absolutely be more involved, I mean in 3 years three what are Jean's top moments of development? Leaving X-force...had no lasting effect & did nothing to stop Beast's machination, Leaving the QC...had no story ramifications and did nothing to change her views of the QC, starting the X-men...Co-leads with Scott and by the nature of the team decisions are made by committee, and changing her costume....was not even mentioned. I'm honestly surprised that her confrontation with Cassandra Nova was referenced, unfortunately that interaction is the epitome of most Jean's development...Jean responding to an event or situation then being utterly disengaged from finding a solution see all of her interactions with personal themes and concepts. She didn't even go assist with the PF manifestation on Earth...they sent Wolverine smh!

Being a fan of Jean is difficult because no one wants to develop her, they want to deconstruct her or knock her off her pedestal, it's why almost all the story ideas we do hear concerning Jean are reductive. Morrison was the sole time, as a fan of character I've ever felt a writer has a true vision for her. Taylor came close, but I'll stand on the box that, his Jean needed more edge and towards the end of that series he reverted her to a version of the character that wasn't needed in 2018!
    Last edited by Celestialbodies; 04-19-2022 at 11:31 AM.

BANNED

That's because unfortunately most don't see her as a character in her own right, but more of a badge signifying that the X-Men leader can get girls lmao.

I will say, though, that Rogue has had a pretty lame time in this era too.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

That's because unfortunately most don't see her as a character in her own right, but more of a badge signifying that the X-Men leader can get girls lmao.

I will say, though, that Rogue has had a pretty lame time in this era too.

I want to see Jean's relationship with Storm, currently Magneto has more familiarity with Ororo, I want to see her relationship with Xavier, apparently he trusts Emma more than long-tenured X-men. None of her relationships have been developed since she returned!

Also, while I can understand Rogue fan's frustration, I really do! I feel like their situation is different, Rogue has always been used prominently or at the very least she gets writers who like and understand her character. No the Krakoan era has been the best for her, but as of right now she hasn't lost anything and is in the current position to gain a lot due to her closeness to an ongoing narrative. Moreover, before returning to the X-fold, moreso than any other X-men and even some Avengers Rogue was the focal point of two relaunches one under Duggan and before that she was the sole star of Legacy. That does not preclude her fans from expecting more, but Rogue has had several moments which define her character we're struggling to get one writer who wants to use Jean consistently and I have yet to see it!

Beautiful.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

If that's not avatar-worthy...nothing is.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!