Page 50 of 473 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100150 ... LastLast

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

In the end, the WildCATs had to retcon themselves out of existence. Something about Daemonites combining with Sentinels.

Now they are part of DC, so any shippers can only turn to fanfic.

Of interesting note is exactly how much those characters draw from the X-Men. Just shy of a lawsuit for copyright infringement in my opinion.
    Last edited by Gray Lensman; 01-22-2022 at 02:42 AM.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    In the end, the WildCATs had to retcon themselves out of existence. Something about Daemonites combining with Sentinels.

Now they are part of DC, so any shippers can only turn to fanfic.

Of interesting note is exactly how much those characters draw from the X-Men. Just shy of a lawsuit for copyright infringement in my opinion.
    You are too cute! 😂

Also, I’m still awaiting a response to my reply to you…
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    You are too cute! ��

Also, I’m still awaiting a response to my reply to you…
    I figured that has to wait until Wednesday, unless you are referring to a different post...

I think the best part of the WildCATs/X-Men crossover was the Hellfire arc, btw. And Grifter is totally the team's Gambit expy.
    Last edited by Gray Lensman; 01-22-2022 at 02:52 AM.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Main characters are rarely served by mediocre actors.

While the show does have problems, Amazon's Wheel of Time did do the casting right, and part of it was to have the prospective cast read lines from later in the series rather than just the first book. The principal cast of any new X-films needs to take a similar approach. Have at least an outline of where they want each character to be by the end of each film, and find similar lines in the comics for each cast member to read.

We don't need anyone stuck in their initial characterization - Jean's actress needs to be able to pull off the naive newcomer, the scared of herself powerhouse, the confident in her abilities version of the same, and the wise beyond her years pillar of empathy. The conflicted love, the rage at seeing those she cares about hurt, and the person who can help guide others through their own conflicted feelings.

Jean's actress needs to be able to make the audience believe ALL of that, not just a few bits of it.
    True about protagonists, but even amongst them, some roles are notoriously more challenging than others.

I could add some more of the difficulties I see for an actress playing Jean, if the character is to be well-written, that doesn't have to do with her progression, but her personality. But I don't think anyone would actually be interested in talking about it, so...

Besides, you did a great job already describing some of the big issues I think must be taken into consideration at the moment of casting.

I figured that has to wait until Wednesday, unless you are referring to a different post...
    I was referring to my overall thoughts on the last two years. Also, I’m sending you a DM.

I think the best part of the WildCATs/X-Men crossover was the Hellfire arc, btw. And Grifter is totally the team's Gambit expy.
    I loved every bit of it!

I was referring to my overall thoughts on the last two years. Also, I’m sending you a DM.

I loved every bit of it!
    I remember watching the one season cartoon for WildCATs, with my favorite episode being the one where Jacob Marlowe defeats the villains through the power of gigantic piles of cash. That one was comedy GOLD.
    Dark does not mean deep.

I remember watching the one season cartoon for WildCATs, with my favorite episode being the one where Jacob Marlowe defeats the villains through the power of gigantic piles of cash. That one was comedy GOLD.
    I never did watch the cartoon. I’ll definitely check it out!

Between The Wild Storm being as brilliant as it was and that version of Team 7 having never actually existed at this point?

Right around "Almost No One..." cares about any of that coming back up.

I never did watch the cartoon. I’ll definitely check it out!
    Just keep in mind that the show takes extreme liberties with the source material. It's much more of an "inspired by" rather than a "based on" adaptation. Marlowe isn't a Kherubim Lord, or even a powered individual, merely a very short, very rich guy who finances the team, and that's just one change they made.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Just keep in mind that the show takes extreme liberties with the source material. It's much more of an "inspired by" rather than a "based on" adaptation. Marlowe isn't a Kherubim Lord, or even a powered individual, merely a very short, very rich guy who finances the team, and that's just one change they made.
    I can’t sleep so I decided to check it out. I’m actually midway through the first episode (it’s on YouTube) and I like it! I think I may just finish the series. I don’t think it lasted more than one season, did it?

I can’t sleep so I decided to check it out. I’m actually midway through the first episode (it’s on YouTube) and I like it! I think I may just finish the series. I don’t think it lasted more than one season, did it?
    One season, and while it doesn't tie up every lose end, it resolves the metaplot and the primary romantic subplot (not who you think it is btw).
    Dark does not mean deep.

This is the comicbook mini series that made me a Jean Grey fan. She never looked more spectacular. Also love her pink Powers.

Wildcats is also on Tubi last I checked. I watched the full series on there before. It is not very good, but it took me back. I watched it a little bit when it first came out. I was a kid in the early 90's. I think I even had Wildcats issue 1 as part of my original comic book collection. Yikes.

Thanks for posting the images from the X-men/Wildcats crossover. Jean looked good there in the Marvel Girl outfit which proves it is not always bad. It just doesn't fit the present. Some things are better left in the past.

Thanks for posting all those scenes, Mercury. I never read that story, but I loved how Jean looked both as Marvel Girl and as Phoenix!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!