Page 233 of 473 FirstFirst ... 133183223229230231232233234235236237243283333 ... LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,495 of 7090

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    That I remember on the top of my head, The Dark Angel Saga.
    Damn, GS. Over a decade ago? 😭
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Damn, GS. Over a decade ago? ��
    Yep!

I really think the quality has dropped a lot. I'm not trolling.

Yep!

Oh, I know you're not trolling. I'm just sorry to hear that you haven't found an X-book both good and well-written in over a decade.

We're just getting warmed up...

From X-Men Unlimited #35.

Oh, I know you're not trolling. I'm just sorry to hear that you haven't found an X-book both good and well-written in over a decade.
    The X-Men books (and FF) in particular also suffered because of the whole mess between Disney and Fox...

I'm sure I could find one story here and there that was okay in between that period and now. But I was just answering your question according to how you framed it.

My point was not just about one story or arc, it's about the overall quality. Those comics I mentioned weren't even part of a period I particularly liked about the X-Men, but if you compare to what we have now, they're just better.

And it's not like they didn't use their gimmicks back then either. They did. All the time. But even considering those, what ended up actually in the pages of the comics had better quality control. Some stuff nowadays is just complete non-sense. I don't see how any editor could have read and approved those scripts.

Anyway, thanks for sharing Jean's stuff.

Yep!

And when was the last Jean story / moment that you thought was well written / that you enjoyed?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Guys... I say this with love. Stop trusting what those clowns say about the covers and the promotional materials.

Have you forgotten about Inferno already?

While they distract and manipulate us with endless tricks and gimmicks like that (including the in-story ones) we don't pay attention at the actual quality of the product we're consuming.

It's fine if you like what we're getting now. But you'd probably like it even more if those books were well written. Just go back and read some old comics if you need a refresher of what a good comic book looks like. You deserve better. We all do.
    While these books/current era aren't working for you...for valid (to you) reasons...the books I'm reading are what I would call "good comics" or else I wouldn't be buying/reading/collecting them. (and if memory serves, some old comics were garbage as well...no era is without its dumpster fires)

I see no error with what JDW said regarding character placement. Out of the Destiny of X characters shown in the promo art only Iceman hasn't shown up in a book, so far. Everyone else is pretty much accounted for.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by Portsian View Post
    And when was the last Jean story / moment that you thought was well written / that you enjoyed?
    I know this question was directed at GS, but I'd pick the above moment as the last one. Admittedly, it just dropped today, but still, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Portsian View Post
    Probably her conversation with Hope about Cable? That or the last scene of X-men: Red, whatever came after date-of-release-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    While these books/current era aren't working for you...for valid (to you) reasons...the books I'm reading are what I would call "good comics" or else I wouldn't be buying/reading/collecting them. (and if memory serves, some old comics were garbage as well...no era is without its dumpster fires)

I see no error with what JDW said regarding character placement. Out of the Destiny of X characters shown in the promo art only Iceman hasn't shown up in a book, so far. Everyone else is pretty much accounted for.
    My point is not about if there is an error or not in that image in particular. It's about the fact we can't trust them. This is the same X-Office who released Inferno.
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 05-16-2022 at 09:26 AM.

The X-Men books (and FF) in particular also suffered because of the whole mess between Disney and Fox...

I'm sure I could find one story here and there that was okay in between that period and now. But I was just answering your question according to how you framed it.

My point was not just about one story or arc, it's about the overall quality. Those comics I mentioned weren't even part of a period I particularly liked about the X-Men, but if you compare to what we have now, they're just better.

And it's not like they didn't use their gimmicks back then either. They did. All the time. But even considering those, what ended up actually in the pages of the comics had better quality control. Some stuff nowadays is just complete non-sense. I don't see how any editor could have read and approved those scripts.

Anyway, thanks for sharing Jean's stuff.
    Gotcha.

I'm currently quivering...

BANNED

Guys... I say this with love. Stop trusting what those clowns say about the covers and the promotional materials.

Have you forgotten about Inferno already?

While they distract and manipulate us with endless tricks and gimmicks like that (including the in-story ones) we don't pay attention at the actual quality of the product we're consuming.

It's fine if you like what we're getting now. But you'd probably like it even more if those books were well written. Just go back and read some old comics if you need a refresher of what a good comic book looks like. You deserve better. We all do.
    If they are enjoying the covers and promotional materials, they have every right to do so just as you have every right to dislike.

BANNED

Probably her conversation with Hope about Cable? That or the last scene of X-men: Red, whatever came after date-of-release-wise.

My point is not about if there is an error or not in that image in particular. It's about the fact we can't trust them. This is the same X-Office who released Inferno.
    I can trust them. I loved Inferno. Everyone here should speak for themselves.

I love those promotional materials that people are posting. I know you don’t like them, but as I’m not the cause of that there’s nothing I can do about it.

Gotcha.

I'm currently quivering...
    It's pretty cool for us, fans. But don't you think the mention of Illyana and Gambit was unnecessary?