Page 235 of 473 FirstFirst ... 135185225231232233234235236237238239245285335 ... LastLast
Results 3,511 to 3,525 of 7090

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    What issue is this?
    X-Men Unlimited #35, currently only available on Marvel Unlimited, although it seems they're gradually releasing these issues as TPBs.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    What a powerful and beautiful Jean power display!
    It really is.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    I think it's meant to be read this way:

- Didn't this used to be a person?
    - [This used to be a person] A long time ago. (...)

But I didn't read the thing. Not sure if it makes sense in the context of the story.
    Exactly.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Exactly.
    It probably would have been clearer if they had split the balloon in two. A little one for "A long time ago", then the rest in a connected balloon.

I actually like when stuff like this happens (even though, ideally, it shouldn't) because it tells something about the writer. This is a probably a writer who "hears" the dialogue in their head, as they're writing. :)

It probably would have been clearer if they had split the balloon in two. A little one for "A long time ago", then the rest in a connected balloon.

I actually like when stuff like this happens (even though, ideally, it shouldn't) because it tells something about the writer. This is a probably a writer who "hears" the dialogue in their heads, as they're writing.
    True. And while I understood it clearly from the panels Mercury posted, it made me think that old comics don't seem to have that written confusion....
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

It really is.
    It has me REALLY excited! Maybe this will be more than a one-time thing, with Jean showing her POWER!

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

It has me REALLY excited! Maybe this will be more than a one-time thing, with Jean showing her POWER!
    This is just the beginning. Also, she's lookin’ mighty pink in those panels.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

This is just the beginning. Also, she's lookin’ mighty pink in those panels.
    I agree. I see it as a High-Level Pink too, like Jean doesn't always use this level of power because she does not need to, but here, when it is needed, we ARE going to see it!!

What is that Maggot stuff from?

I agree. I see it as a High-Level Pink too, like Jean doesn't always use this level of power because she does not need to, but here, when it is needed, we ARE going to see it!!
    Me when I read your posts: 🥹❤️

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    What is that Maggot stuff from?
    X-Men Unlimited #35.

Also, this issue makes me think Maggott is joining the team.

True. And while I understood it clearly from the panels Mercury posted, it made me think that old comics don't seem to have that written confusion....
    I won't saying anything about old comics because my mentioning them was already taken out of context today. But here, have a kiss, sweetie:

--
    Going to watch stuff with my partner now. Have fun, guys. o/

Me when I read your posts: ��❤️
    You are sweet! I just get so excited with some great looking Jean power pics, lol.

I won't saying anything about old comics because my mentioning them was already taken out of context today. But here, have a kiss, sweetie:

--
    Going to watch stuff with my partner now. Have fun, guys. o/
    Aw, thank you and sending one back your way.

Enjoy your quality time!

Guys... I say this with love. Stop trusting what those clowns say about the covers and the promotional materials.

Have you forgotten about Inferno already?

While they distract and manipulate us with endless tricks and gimmicks like that (including the in-story ones) we don't pay attention at the actual quality of the product we're consuming.

It's fine if you like what we're getting now. But you'd probably like it even more if those books were well written. Just go back and read some old comics if you need a refresher of what a good comic book looks like. You deserve better. We all do.
    If we believe covers then we should believe that Scott and Jean are gonna be spider themed heroes85C121B4-AED5-4E75-A87F-08E63AF0818B.jpg

You are sweet! I just get so excited with some great looking Jean power pics, lol.
    And I love you for it! You are boundlessly and infectiously exuberant and one of the few Jean fans that I can count on to be positive and optimistic! Never change, love! 😘 ❤️

Guys... I say this with love. Stop trusting what those clowns say about the covers and the promotional materials.

Have you forgotten about Inferno already?

While they distract and manipulate us with endless tricks and gimmicks like that (including the in-story ones) we don't pay attention at the actual quality of the product we're consuming.

It's fine if you like what we're getting now. But you'd probably like it even more if those books were well written. Just go back and read some old comics if you need a refresher of what a good comic book looks like. You deserve better. We all do.
    Even when the cover is correct, it doesn't preclude editorial from changing course and negating the set up of the story. Or covers which serve as a metaphor for the story, or homage covers, or......well, the list goes on without even getting into outright lies on the cover.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Warlioncomics View Post
    If we believe covers then we should believe that Scott and Jean are gonna be spider themed heroes85C121B4-AED5-4E75-A87F-08E63AF0818B.jpg
    You, sir, give me hope.