Page 238 of 473 FirstFirst ... 138188228234235236237238239240241242248288338 ... LastLast
Results 3,556 to 3,570 of 7090
    Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

@Mercury: I used to worry so much about you. I'd think: "oh, no... he's so optimistic. Marvel will crush this boy's heart. Should I try to help him manage those expectations a little?"

But now I don't. Pattern of behaviour and all that, I've realised that, as long as Marvel isn't destroying the character, you'll find something to love about Jean's appearances. And that's a good thing. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    @Mercury: I used to worry so much about you. I'd think: "oh, no... he's so optimistic. Marvel will crush this boy's heart. Should I try to help him manage those expectations a little?"
    I think having been a collector before, moved on from reading comics for a spell, and recently returned to the fold has afforded me a certain amount of resilience. In a sense, I take Jean and her history as a character very seriously; in another sense, I don't take any of this too seriously. Do I contradict myself? Very well then...

But now I don't. Pattern of behaviour and all that, I've realised that, as long as Marvel isn't destroying the character, you'll find something to love about Jean's appearances. And that's a good thing.
    Frankly, I think we should all strive to do this, both with the things we love and don't love. Optimism and happiness aren't necessarily a frame of mind and feeling that just happen or are inherent in a person; sometimes, you have to work at being both. And the work is quite often worth it. As I've said to you before, the day I can't find at least one thing about which to be happy or enjoy about Jean, I just won't post anymore. I've never been good at entertaining ghosts.

And thank you for noting that it's "a good thing." I really appreciate that!
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

BANNED

But now I don't. Pattern of behaviour and all that, I've realised that, as long as Marvel isn't destroying the character, you'll find something to love about Jean's appearances. And that's a good thing.
    While you can negative and unhappy all you want to be, you have no right to dictate how someone else feels. Mercury loved the current Marvel, as do I. You hate it, and that’s okay to. What bit okay if for some people to try to force their unhappiness on other people. Fkr those who hate stuff, hate sway all you want to. But no one needs anyone to tell them what to like or not like.

S d this era of XMen is my favorite era. I don’t buy or read things I don’t like. But if people want to waste time and money in things they don’t like, it’s not costing me a thing so what do I care?

I do think your comments aimed at Mercury are unnecessarily snarky and disrespectful. Is learning that different people have different tastes really so hard?

BANNED

The reason why I made the last post is not an attack, it’s absurd for people to constantly get mad at other people for having different opinions about whatever character, comic book, or movie. It’s not all about you!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I think having been a collector before, moved on from reading comics for a spell, and recently returned to the fold has afforded me a certain amount of resilience. In a sense, I take Jean and her history as a character very seriously; in another sense, I don't take any of this too seriously. Do I contradict myself? Very well then...

Frankly, I think we should all strive to do this, both with the things we love and don't love. Optimism and happiness aren't necessarily a frame of mind and feeling that just happen or are inherent in a person; sometimes, you have to work at being both. And the work is quite often worth it. As I've said to you before, the day I can't find at least one thing about which to be happy or enjoy about Jean, I just won't post anymore. I've never been good at entertaining ghosts.

In the terrible world we live in, too much negativity can overwhelm your immune system and even lead to death. It’s important to learn to enjoy and love life.

I really think it is. Enjoy. o/

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    I do think your comments aimed at Mercury are unnecessarily snarky and disrespectful. Is learning that different people have different tastes really so hard?
    WS, I've been at the receiving end of your wrath and praise and, ultimately and more significantly, your humility, which I greatly appreciate. Frankly, I have grown to find you endearing. However, I do want to say this: I don't think Grinning Soul was being snarky or disrespectful. I misread and misunderstood one of their posts, which happens sometimes. More importantly, while GS and I have disagreed on some things and had our moments of tension, I think and hope we can both agree that we respect and admire one another. GS is always informative and brings both interesting and challenging perspectives to the table when discussing Jean, which I hope will remain the case.

Nonetheless, while it was unnecessary to do so, I greatly appreciate that you felt prompted to defend me. That's very kind of you.

The reason why I made the last post is not an attack, it’s absurd for people to constantly get mad at other people for having different opinions about whatever character, comic book, or movie. It’s not all about you!
    lol. There is that irascible, lovable you! lol. You do have a point, though; one even I should consider when responding to others in this thread.

In the terrible world we live in, too much negativity can overwhelm your immune system and even lead to death. It’s important to learn to enjoy and love life.
    This is very true!

I really think it is. Enjoy. o/
    Thank you, love!
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

To Mercury & Grinning Soul Lol this was kind of funny, it s crazy that I think you both embody some of the best qualities in Jean’s fandom? ……and kudos to the way you exchange points of view and opinions as it is meant to be done, being smart, friendly and respectful, please don’t ever change you guys.
    Last edited by Daedra; 05-17-2022 at 06:16 AM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Omega_DCD, honey, as usual, you're making too much sense.

The problem is: haters will hate. It doesn't matter what you argue or what you show them from the actual books. Don't waste your precious time.

Still, thanks so much for posting those pages. We - the fans who actually appreciate the character - also appreciate it.

Thanks for going out of your way to reference all of these moments, with scans to boot! I really appreciate it! ������ And please, never see what you do as a waste of time! It’s informative and important to remind other fans of Jean’s history!
    Thanks you guys!

I'll also add that as GS says, there are haters and that use D'Bari to say either "Jean should stayed dead" or "The retcon makes Jean get off too easy", and...just no. Since Jean's return she has saved countless lives, protected and saved several timelines and realities. As she says in one of her quotes "The fight we wage, the good we do...it makes a difference".

And Jean has been put to trial twice, killed herself, been resurrected, died again and had her entire family massacred, and relived those traumas multiple times, including Teen Jean vividly experiencing her OWN death through HANK'S memory imprint, has had to live in the shadow of that event and even crippled her own development for a while due to her own fears and the fears of others of repeating the same deeds(which thankfully she overcame)...so no, Jean has never escaped the destruction of D'Bari and despite it all, desperately tries to do the most good that she can going forward, as she reiterates in X-Men #4

If D'Bari is mentioned again during Judgement Day, i hope somehow a new perspective is used and perhaps an actual resolution is achieved.
    Last edited by Omega_DCD; 05-17-2022 at 06:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    To Mercury & Grinning Soul Lol this was kind of funny, it s crazy that I think you both embody some of the best qualities in Jean’s fandom? ……and kudos to the way you exchange points of view and opinions as it is meant to be done, being smart, friendly and respectful, please don’t ever change you guys.
    Thanks, D.! :HUG: I appreciate the compliment and agree regarding GS, too!

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    Thanks you guys!

I'll also add that as GS says, there are haters and that use D'Bari to say either "Jean should stayed dead" or "The retcon makes Jean get off too easy", and...just no. Since Jean's return she has saved countless lives, protected and saved several timelines and realities. As she says in one of her quotes "The fight we wage, the good we do...it makes a difference".

And Jean has been put to trial twice, killed herself, been resurrected, died again and had her entire family massacred, and relived those traumas multiple times, including Teen Jean vividly experiencing her OWN death through HANK'S memory imprint, has had to live in the shadow of that event and even crippled her own development for a while due to her own fears and the dears of others of repeating the same deeds(which thankfully she overcame)...so no, Jean has never escaped the destruction of D'Bari and despite it all, desperately tries to do the most good that she can going forward, as she reiterates in X-Men #4

If D'Bari is mentioned again during Judgement Day, i hope somehow a new perspective is used and perhaps an actual resolution is achieved.
    I wholeheartedly agree with all of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Thanks, dear. I *really* appreciate that you said that.

Thanks you guys!

And Jean has been put to trial twice, killed herself, been resurrected, died again and had her entire family massacred, and relived those traumas multiple times, including Teen Jean vividly experiencing her OWN death through HANK'S memory imprint, has had to live in the shadow of that event and even crippled her own development for a while due to her own fears and the dears of others of repeating the same deeds(which thankfully she overcame)...so no, Jean has never escaped the destruction of D'Bari and despite it all, desperately tries to do the most good that she can going forward, as she reiterates in X-Men #4

As far as I'm concerned, you deserve a medal. Thank you very, very much.

--

I'm off now. Have fun. o/

So, a mutual on Twitter just reminded me that 1) before Jean's encounter with Cordyceps Jones, the High Evolutionary informed her of Jones' ability to infect and take over people, and 2) Laura intended to get caught/infected (?). I think Blerd Without Fear's instincts are correct: Jean's got his ass.

For Blerd's Jean-related recap, see this tweet: https://twitter.com/Jean_RED_Grey/st...17990105055233

For the whole recap, watch this video:

Thanks, dear. I *really* appreciate that you said that.

As far as I'm concerned, you deserve a medal. Thank you very, very much.

--

I'm off now. Have fun. o/
    Many, many thanks GS! Take care ��

So, a mutual on Twitter just reminded me that 1) before Jean's encounter with Cordyceps Jones, the High Evolutionary informed her of Jones' ability to infect and take over people, and 2) Laura intended to get caught/infected (?). I think Blerd Without Fear's instincts are correct: Jean's got his ass.

For Blerd's Jean-related recap, see this tweet: https://twitter.com/Jean_RED_Grey/st...17990105055233

For the whole recap, watch this video:

Ooh, I smell one of Jean's deliciously subtle traps...what if she supressed Laura's healing factor "just enough" to allow her to be taken over by the spores...only to reactivate or even boost said healing factor when the time is right.

Ooh, I smell one of Jean's deliciously subtle traps...what if she supressed Laura's healing factor "just enough" to allow her to be taken over by the spores...only to reactivate or even boost said healing factor when the time is right.
    This is a good theory! I'm also thinking she'll use her psionic energy absorption ability to boost her TK and perhaps extract and or destroy Cordy's spores on a subatomic level...?
    Last edited by Mercury; 05-17-2022 at 07:49 AM.

LMAO I'm sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    I would like a real redhead to play her.

On the list in general, I like some of these and dislike some.

+ Not recasting the excellent Prof and Mags we already have
    - Another light-skinned Storm? Bad form.
    - I just don't see Radcliffe as Wolverine, but maybe
    + I feel like I hear about Timothee C all the time, but I actually can see Nightcrawler in him.
    I pretty much feel the same way as you do. Plus I think Timothée has enough name power to give Nightcrawler some much needed shine.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation