Page 33 of 473 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383133 ... LastLast

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    If there was any follow up to these developments I could understand the choice, but the trolling and dismissive nature of those in charge of her character leaves a lot to be desired!

I can't for the life of me understand Marvel, apprehension on going all in on Jean. The best she's ever been used is her teenaged version, as soon as the adult version returned she was quickly placed back into the mold she was in prior to the end of Morrison's run.

Agreed with all of this!

I'm fascinated that her costume change has to be an announcement and something kept under wraps because fans were asking about the context of her wearing something 60 years old. Poor Jean, she has not been able to catch a break in this era, and the irony is I thought Hickman's era was going to explore so much of her potential boy was I complete and utterly wrong lol!

I wish we could have gotten a single panel explaining why instead of a pure troll job.

Say it again for the readers in the back!

The amount of vitriol she received you would have thought they were telling the best X-stories ever. Yeah outside of the characters, and HOM most of that era stories have been forgotten and with good reason.

I honestly hoped Hickman might use Jean similarly to his Invisible Woman, I could not have imagined he would be so ambivalent to her character which is fine. But forcing that costume on us was unnecessarily mean. Jean doesn't have the best taste but she has a variety of more appropriate costumes, the XMR costume would have been just fine for this era. But given that nearly all of her development in that costume was lost maybe he wanted to factory reset her!

Honestly, I've grown to like Emma a lot over the last 10 years, however I despised the character and how Marvel viewed her for years prior. Her fans specifically with the stamp of approval from Marvel higher up made me fundamentally unable to support her. Everything she had during that period was as a result of my favorite character suffering and to see salt rubbed in the wound and told Jean wad sub-par in comparison lit a fire of hate.

Fortunately, I can readily admit Emma has earned her placed within the X-men but more importantly she is an incredibly complex character. There's no one like Emma in comics, I just wish her contemporaries received the kinds of attention she does consistently. She has a unique voice and perspective but so does many of the X-women, of which seldom is it explored.

I don't hate what Hickman did with Emma I think he's firmly established her place amongst the X-men for years to come. I do however think much of how he went about it was heavy-handed, forced, and contrived. Morrison will always be my favorite writer for Emma, because while she was his favorite he had no problems giving her, her comeuppance and demonstrating her actions had consequences. Something most writers, forget to do or portray in the most superficial ways possible which Hickman fell into!

Also what happened, to you why are you BANNED?!?!?!?

Beautiful!!!

I honestly don't dislike Jean/Logan a few years ago I would have wanted them together. My only issue with them now, writers Percy especially doesn't demonstrate why these two people care about each other. I don't know what their connection is in this era other than knowing they love each other, same with Scott to be honest. Why do these two men love her, what does Jean do for Logan that's different than Rose, or Mariko? How does she make him a better person, how does he make her one?

I feel like that's a major issue with the Krakoan era, relationships aren't properly defined or at least those involving the women. I feel like Wolverine/Nightcrawler is probably my favorite relationship of this era second only to Magneto/Professor X. The most recent Inferno 4 issue higlights exactly what I mean when I talk about what characters mean to each other. While Xavier and Erik spend the issue searching for Moira, it's their relationship that is the most developed and nuanced, Hickman goes out of his way to include in-story beats to explain what his male characters feel and think in a way his female cast doesn't receive. I don't even think Destiny/Mystique has been as defined as some of his male friendships. None of this has anything to do with Percy, or Duggan lack of focus on Jean/Scott/Logan but it is an overarching problem with this era.
    Not saying it’s right but I think a lot of peoples importance in the current era relies on past knowledge and reading about the characters.

And needless to say as such a huge Jeen fan, I agree 100% that Jeen was a good experiment with them going “all in” with her, and it paid off nicely. Phoenix resurrection seemed like such a good idea at the time- after all, considering the timing, why wouldn’t we assume that teen jean’s character development would be very apparent in jean’s return.

Boy how wrong I was. I mean jean could have it a lot worse right now sure. It’s just not at all what I expected given the timing of Teen jean’s departure and adult jean’s return.

3779C28C-B96B-4A7A-A6E9-ACBB396F878F.jpg

RIP
    Last edited by Grey; 01-14-2022 at 04:29 PM.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhoenix View Post
    Sorry to bust in but I wanted to comment this in the 2021 thread. The phoenix "killers" (https://twitter.com/WitchOfSteeI/sta...40518883868673) Some names shouldn't be there...

[/IMG]
    Also, the comments of the MCU stans in that link you posted lol why are them like that?? They clearly haven't read anything about the Phoenix if they are defenidng Aaron's crazy ideas lol

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    https://www.comicsxf.com/2022/01/13/...lack-knight-1/
    Everyone else looks great except Jean...
    I can't omg

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    https://www.comicsxf.com/2022/01/13/...lack-knight-1/
    Everyone else looks great except Jean...
    and I thought we would see her in armor Lmao

Jean transforms into a demon and continues to wear a dress. X-Office has a fetish for making fun of Jean's fans hahahahaha

images.jpeg

A bit of a redraw but they ready.

jeanrachel.jpg
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    A bit of a redraw but they ready.

jeanrachel.jpg
    Jean and Ray? they look beautiful congrats on your amazing work, jwatson

According to the New Avengers apparently there are a few characters including Thor and the Scarlet Witch that can destroy the Phoenix Force....odd considering the PF is immortal and without it neither of those 2 would have life but according to Jason Aaron apparently that is the case.....if the PF isn't taken from him soon he might damage it beyond repair.

Quote Originally Posted by cam18 View Post
    According to the New Avengers apparently there are a few characters including Thor and the Scarlet Witch that can destroy the Phoenix Force....odd considering the PF is immortal and without it neither of those 2 would have life but according to Jason Aaron apparently that is the case.....if the PF isn't taken from him soon he might damage it beyond repair.
    I think he already did it, and the X-Men books played its part too. It’s damaged beyond repair, unless someone came with a brave theory like BobbysWorld and johhnysv75 have proposed in this same thread.

Someone there should ban Aaron from using the Phoenix or something lol everything he does is more and more nonsense. In the current Avengers he even introduced a “Dark Phoenix” that looks like a digimon, and the fact that he made a list of people who can kill an entity that transcends mortality is hilarious.
    Last edited by Starchilde; 01-15-2022 at 03:30 PM. Reason: Typo

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Can we keep Aaron away from the Phoenix and Percy away from Jean? Can that be our belated Xmas present?

--
    Lucy, if you're reading this, your inbox is full again.

BANNED

The hullaballoo about Jason Aaron is overdone. He's really no worse than Endsong/Warson/Phoenix Five/Secret Wars...Rachel...etc lol. All donut steel nonsense that shouldn't have happened. Rachel is slightly better than the rest of the junk but it's all the same thing.

I kinda like Aaron taking his current dump on it in a way just because it makes fans who want the Phoenix around their favorite non-Jean X-Man instead of the Avengers mad lolol

If Jean can't have it, let it rot.

[QUOTE=Kitty&Piotr<3;5897476]The hullaballoo about Jason Aaron is overdone. He's really no worse than Endsong/Warson/Phoenix Five/Secret Wars...Rachel...etc lol. All donut steel nonsense that shouldn't have happened. Rachel is slightly better than the rest of the junk but it's all the same thing.

I kinda like Aaron taking his current dump on it in a way just because it makes fans who want the Phoenix around their favorite non-Jean X-Man instead of the Avengers mad lolol

If Jean can't have it, let it rot.[/QUOTE
    its all opinion but I wouldn't group Rachel with that other nonsense...........the Phoenix is her birthright the others I could careless about.......
    Claremont made it clear as it related to the Phoenix it was a unique thing to Jean and later her daughter.

BANNED

its all opinion but I wouldn't group Rachel with that other nonsense...........the Phoenix is her birthright the others I could careless about.......
    Claremont made it clear as it related to the Phoenix it was a unique thing to Jean and later her daughter.
    Unpop opinion, I know, but unless we are talking about X-MEN: THE END or something similar, I mostly don't think the X-Men should have adult kids.

As far as Rachel's birthright to have the Phoenix Force, I don't even think there should be a Phoenix Force. That was one of the key mistakes that has the Phoenix Force where it is right now. All my unpop opinion, of course.

Of course Jean is a day one and always. lol.

femaleteam.jpg
    forpractice.jpg
    jeangreyjean.jpg
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Yes, it certainly sounds like it from what you site from New Avengers.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!